Freakin' Frog Blueberry Ale - Joseph James Brewing Inc.

Freakin' Frog Blueberry AleFreakin' Frog Blueberry Ale

Joseph James Brewing Inc. visit their website
Nevada, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.10% ABV

(Beer added by: bunnyhustle on 01-02-2009)
3.35/5  rDev +0.6%

Pours a clear pale golden color with a medium to big white head that quickly dies out leaving a decent lacing that lingers on.

A light sour blueberry aroma dominates your nose, might be a little hops or yeast coming through but its drowned out by the blueberry.

The taste is all breakfast blueberry like you get from pop tarts or village inn pancakes, not enough blueberry to compare it to my mom's blueberry pancakes that ruled the day.

This beer is worthy a try but not anything you would want to play beer pong or try get drunk off of, wish I had tried it with breakfast this morning might have been more impressed.

Anyways, as for finishing off a 12 oz. glass, that's about enough of this for me. Lest I forget to mention, the taste this leaves behind is a dry lightly sour blueberry taste, that I quite enjoyed, anyway I'm on too a IPA.

3.28/5  rDev -1.5%

Pours a very cloudy peach color with a small head which left only the smallest amount of lacing.

Smelled of blueberry, but not overly so, and some wheat.

Tasted also of blueberry, but only as an accent to the wheat and a bit of grains. It wasn't an in your face thing which I appreciated.

Mouthfeel was rather thin and slick, and with not much carbonation.

This isn't my style of beer, but for what it is, it wasn't bad. Of the three beers from this new brewery which I've tried so far, this was the best.

3.35/5  rDev +0.6%

From the new brewery in town, a good BA buddy was nice enough to give me a bottle of this and another offering before it hit the shelves. Pour cloudy and light golden with somewhat creamy 2 finger head. Very good retention but not much lacing. Smell was very much of berries, I guess you could say blueberry was a standout but it wasnt too dominant I thought. A bit of wheat/grass as well. Taste was virtually all berry. I wouldnt say only blueberry as there seemed to be others as well. It did have a bit of tartness to it that did recede as it warmed, but still had a bit of a tart candy taste. Mouthfeel was light and crisp. Overall a drinkable beer and I could see this being a blast in the warm Vegas sun. So far Joseph James Brewing seems to be off to a good start.

Freakin' Frog Blueberry Ale from Joseph James Brewing Inc.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.