’t Goeye Goet HerfstBock Bier - Bierbrouwerij Openluchtmuseum Arnhem

No picture uploaded.

Bierbrouwerij Openluchtmuseum Arnhem visit their website

Bock |  6.50% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: Douberd on 10-29-2012)
Reviews by Douberd:
Douberd

3.63/5  rDev -5%

So I visited the Openluchtmuseum in Arnhem. I thought it to be a nice opportunity to see how Holland was back then and of course buy some beer from the museum's brewery. So I got myself the beer they're making for their 100 years and a week later I got their herfstbock, from the liquor store they're cooperating with. A sample I had also at the museum and it was promising, let's see now that I have a whole bottle.
Bottle is ceramic or kind of porselain one, with the same label in the front as their pilsener and their other beers. Only on the back you can read that is in fact a autumn bock. It has a swing top cap, which when opened revealed me that the bottle was totally full! Seriously, one more single drop wouldn't fit in there. Quantity was 750 ml. Poured into a snifter glass.
Great appearance. Very dark brown body, which becomes very dark ruby when hold against the light. Huge beige head of four fingers, with great retention. Light lacing left behind. Even now, about twenty minutes after I poured it, there is a thin layer of foam on top of the beer and around the glass this layer is even thicker.
Aromas of toffee, dark fruits, some alcohol. Some caramel too. All of them very strong
*edit The bottle I had was completely off, I was really disappointed. Next day I went back to my bottle store and they exchanged my off bottle for a good one.

Taste is as I was remembering it when I had a sample at the museum. Medium sweet, with flavours of coffee, roasted malts and dark chocolate. Some dark fruits on the aftertaste.

Medium thick on the body, with average carbonation.

Overall, And after I finally had a good bottle I can say that this is a quite good bock. Too bad it's not wider available and so expensive.

10-29-2012 21:11:47 | More by Douberd
RueSailmana

05-20-2013 06:21:37 | More by RueSailmana
’t Goeye Goet HerfstBock Bier from Bierbrouwerij Openluchtmuseum Arnhem
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.