Love (Foeder #3) - New Belgium Brewing

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Wild Ale |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: beerguy101 on 09-05-2003

Single barrel, 3 year old wild beer.
firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
2.55/5  rDev -39.3%

Had this at the Sour Beer Festival at Brauwer's in Seattle.

While I am not in general a sour beer fan...this has to be the worst I have ever had, which is weird cause the best I have had is a NB product (eric's).

A- Looked great, nice lacing, head and a great redish orange color that looked very inviting.

S- Smelled good, with a nice fruity/tart smell that reminded me of something between a sour apple and berries.

T- pure vinegar. This beer is way to over powering even for a sour. While I understand sour beers are supposed to be tart and well....sour but this was just not good at all. Maybe some aging would let it calm down, but man, if I wanted vinegar I would just drink a bottle of vinegar. needs to be WAY more balanced.

M- was pretty good, lightly carbonated and a light to medium body.

D- couldn't even finish a 6 oz between myself and a friend (who loves sour beers). This needs to be aged much longer and perhaps re-blended. Man it looked good and had no flaws besides....the taste.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last