Love (Foeder #3) - New Belgium Brewing

No picture uploaded.

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Wild Ale |  6.00% ABV

Single barrel, 3 year old wild beer.

(Beer added by: beerguy101 on 09-05-2003)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
spycow

3.75/5  rDev -10.7%

04-28-2013 22:40:17 | More by spycow
Halcyondays

3.68/5  rDev -12.4%

On-tap at Beachwood BBQ,

A: Pours a lightly hazy orange with a small cap of bubbles.

S: Stone fruit, with an intriguing pumpkin note.

T: Mango and apricot dominate the palate, strong acidity.

M: Big acid, crisp, smooth carbonation, medium-bodied.

D: Good stuff, maybe in the end though I didn't like it as much as the other stuff I tried that day. Definitely worth a taste though if available.

08-27-2009 21:10:45 | More by Halcyondays
LilBeerDoctor

3.53/5  rDev -16%

Tap sampled on 09/26/08 at Night of the Funk. Pours a light orange with a small white head. Aroma of slight tartness with lots of citrus, orange zest, and a ton of funk. This is a very light tasting beer, almost Berliner Weisse-lke with the slight tartness to it. Pretty good but of course La Folie is better!
7/4/7/4/14 (3.6/5)

12-27-2008 22:56:08 | More by LilBeerDoctor
westcoastbeerlvr

3.5/5  rDev -16.7%

01-10-2013 19:00:51 | More by westcoastbeerlvr
largadeer

3.48/5  rDev -17.1%

On tap at Toronado's 21st anniversary party.

Appearance: Beautifully clear golden-amber with a thin white head.

Smell: Very fruity, berry-like aromas, nicely balanced between sweet and sour, with a good dose of funk.

Taste & mouthfeel: Tart fruit flavors of peach and apple, very cidery. There's a balancing sweetness present beneath the sour that I quite liked, but the vinegar-like flavors are more prominent than I care for. I can see this working in a blend, however - with less vinegar it would be quite good on its own.

08-11-2008 19:50:55 | More by largadeer
John_M

3.13/5  rDev -25.5%

On tap at Collins Pub today.

The beer pours an impressive hazy orange color with pretty good head retention and lacing. On the nose... sigh.... OK, another over the top sour beer. I get a blast of sour, along with some ice tea and apple vinegar. I can tell already this beer is going to put a hurting on my palate. On the palate, I'm sorry.... the predominate flavors are sour, sour and more sour. Maybe there is also a hint of gin, orange and lime, but the sour funk is just blowing me away. Mouthfeel is light to medium bodied, and I assume the alcohol is pretty low. As for drinkability, this beer is as drinkable as a blow torch. The sour component just puts my hair on edge. Thank God for the lovely glass of Anacortes IPA I have to wash it away with.

This reminds me somewhat of the Isabelle Proximus, except it's not as complex and is even more sour (IMHO). If you like the Isabelle, you'll probably like this as well. As for me, what can I say? I keep on trying, but with beers like this, it's very slow going.

Note: There are some fruit flies in the pub today, and they've been hovering around my beers. Strangely, they're not the least bit interested in my IPA, but just can't get enough of the Love. I'll leave it to others to speculate just why that may be.

07-22-2009 20:12:31 | More by John_M
SeattleBeerBlog

Washington

2.42/5  rDev -42.4%

Had this at the Sour Beer Festival at Brauwer's in Seattle.

While I am not in general a sour beer fan...this has to be the worst I have ever had, which is weird cause the best I have had is a NB product (eric's).

A- Looked great, nice lacing, head and a great redish orange color that looked very inviting.

S- Smelled good, with a nice fruity/tart smell that reminded me of something between a sour apple and berries.

T- pure vinegar. This beer is way to over powering even for a sour. While I understand sour beers are supposed to be tart and well....sour but this was just not good at all. Maybe some aging would let it calm down, but man, if I wanted vinegar I would just drink a bottle of vinegar. needs to be WAY more balanced.

M- was pretty good, lightly carbonated and a light to medium body.

D- couldn't even finish a 6 oz between myself and a friend (who loves sour beers). This needs to be aged much longer and perhaps re-blended. Man it looked good and had no flaws besides....the taste.

05-16-2009 02:06:10 | More by SeattleBeerBlog