2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Lips Of Faith - La Folie - New Belgium Brewing

Lips Of Faith - La FolieLips Of Faith - La Folie

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

Flanders Oud Bruin |  6.00% ABV

Flemish Sour Brown Ale fermented in stainless then transferred to barrels for 1-4 years of aging then blended to taste.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-22-2002)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lips Of Faith - La Folie Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,420 | Reviews: 910 | Show All Ratings:
Sumdeus

4.29/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

2014 bottle poured into a mini snifter.

A: Dark burgundy red. A little lacing and head, but dissipates quickly.

S: Like fruity vinegar. Acutely acidic. The sourness of this is almost overwhelming.

T: Super sour. Like biting a lime wedge sour, ok, not quite that sour. However, it is one of the most sour beers I have had. It does have a bit of a spicy fruit finish. If you like sours, you will probably like this. If you dont, you will probably hate it.

M: Tingly, a surprisingly thick feel. It is not a BA stout by any means, but for how puckering it is, its not very thin.

O: A great sour, it may only be released once a year, but had good availability despite that. Drinks great fresh.

04-23-2014 04:05:05 | More by Sumdeus
Kinsman

4.15/5  rDev -2.6%

Fills the glass with a dark and rich mahogany ride. A bit of a tan colored head forms but dissipates rather quickly. Intense sweet and sour aromas hit you right up front. Nutty and caramel malty notes pair well with the cherry and vinegar-like sour aromas.

Well balanced on the palate with a nice layer or rich and sweet malty flavors pairing up with the slightly woody and perfectly tart flavors that make this truly 'Flanders-style'. Notes of toffee and caramel give way to cherry and cidery sour notes.

Mouthfeel is bubbly and medium bodied but nothing too exceptional. Overall, an absolutely excellent representation of the Fladers-red/bruin styles. Not overly sour or vinegary but just tart enough to get your tastebuds excited.

04-19-2014 01:32:13 | More by Kinsman
BastardKing24

Oregon

4.49/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a murky brown with a little head that falls fast

Smell is very tart, raspberries, funky cheese, sour cherry, some oak, and a decent maltiness.

Taste is the same with a huge hit of lactic sour right away, with vinegar, cherrys, raspberries, sour apricot, oak, and a subtle maltiness to back it up.

Feel is just right, medium carb.

Overall I love this sour and buy it whenever I can afford to spend 14$ on a bottle.

04-13-2014 03:48:55 | More by BastardKing24
StoutHunter

4.25/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I picked up a bottle of New Belgium's La Folie from their Lips of Faith series, for $15.99 a few days ago at Cork N Ale. I've never tried this beer before, but I was looking for some sour beers and I thought I would take a chance on this one since I heard some good things about it, so lets see how it goes. 2013 Vintage. Poured from a brown 22oz bottle into a Belgian tulip.

A- The label looks nice, I like the flower pattern in the background and I think it's a little eye catching. It poured a red tinted brown color that took on more of a darker ruby red hue when held to the light two fingers worth of darker tan head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty and patchy lacing behind. This was a very nice looking beer, I have no complaints at all.

S- The aroma starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness followed by some sour fruity aspects being the first to show up. the sourness seems to be on the higher side of medium and the fruity aspect was a nice combination of raspberry, berry, and cherry like aromas. Up next I get a light amount of some malty and toasted malt aromas, but they don't stick around long and it's followed by a lighter woody aroma. This beer had a very nice aroma, as it got warmer the berry aromas really came through and it made for a great smelling beer.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma, but more intense and it starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness followed by the sour fruity aromas still being the first to show up. but this time the sourness is very high and the fruity flavors still retain those nice berry, raspberry, and cherry like aspects. Up next comes an even lighter amount of malts than I got in the aroma and only a slight bit of malts coming through. On the finish there's some lingering sourness followed by a fruity and berry like aftertaste. This is a very nice tasting sour, but I wish the malts came through just a little more.

M- A little smooth, a little refreshing, mouth puckering, not too acidic, medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. This beer had a very nice mouthfeel, but I think it would be just a little better if it wasn't so mouth puckering.

Overall I thought this was a very nice beer and I thought that it was a pretty good example of a Sour Ale, it had lots of sourness to it, but somehow it kept from being too acidic, but I think it would be a little better if there was a little more complexity to it. This beer doesn't have the best drinkability, it was a little smooth, not too acidic, a little refreshing, too mouth puckering, but the flavor did a nice job at holding my attention, I think the high amount of sourness would prevent me from drinking more than half the bottle, I think half is the perfect amount for me and I think this would be a nice spring time and summer time beer. What I like the most about this beer was the fruity aspect, it made for a nice flavor and it was for sure the highlight of the aroma. What I liked the least about this beer was the high level of sourness, it was just a little bit past my breaking point and I think it would make this beer just a little better if the sourness was toned down a little, i also think it could be a little more complex. I would buy this beer again, but because of the price I think I would only get one or two and I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys sour beers especially the really sour ones. All in all I was pretty happy with this beer, if it had a little more complexity to it it might be a very impressive beer, but as it stands I enjoyed it even though the sourness was just a little too much to for me, I still found myself quickly coming back for another sip to get more of those great berry flavors. This isn't my favorite sour, but it is up there as one of the better beers from the LIps of Faith series that I have had. Good job guys, this was a really nice beer, keep up the good and creative work.

04-12-2014 21:43:34 | More by StoutHunter
zeledonia

4.2/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

2013 vintage. 7.0% ABV. Tasted 10 April 2014.

Pours a deep murky brown color, opaque except at the edges. One finger of yellowish tan head, much better retention and lacing than most sours.

Smell is a tart fruity sour with cherries and plums. Quite pleasant, if a bit on the dainty side. Some nice balancing sweet notes.

Taste is excellent. A clean woody sour, with hints of fruit (again, stones like plums and other dark deliciousness). But it alternates fruity and straight-up sour, which I like. Good variety, decent depth.

Feel is quite good as well. Heavier than many, but with prickly carbonation that livens things up.

A beer that adds up to more than the sum of its parts. Just really good across the board. Not many widely available sours are anywhere near this good.

04-11-2014 03:57:54 | More by zeledonia
cjgiant

District of Columbia

4.36/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I really enjoyed this beer at this point. I am sure I had it before and was unimpressed, but I think that was before I started appreciating sours. I do think this is more towards other sour styles in that it is very tart (and most other Flanders ales I've had are a milder form of sour).

Pours a brown-laden amber, translucent at best, without a lot of head (definitely doesn't last). Smell to me is almost straight sour cherry or sour apple candy.

The nose doesn't betray the tongue, but there is a deeper taste of some dark fruit lying well beneath the tartness. The flavor does sort of just wind down without much transition. To me it leaves a barely perceptible metallic taste, almost not worth mentioning.

A decent sour that may be more widely available than most, so good to know a decent sour exists that I might be able to grab one for my cellar.

04-10-2014 00:25:17 | More by cjgiant
Stevedore

Wisconsin

4.08/5  rDev -4.2%

Split a 22oz bomber of the 2013 bottling with Matt. Thanks for bringing this one over buddy. Poured into a Lawson's snifter today, 4/2/2014. First time I'm able to review this brew, but not the first time I've had it.

App- Dark but clear brown body, one finger effervescent tan head, ok retention, no lacing.

Smell- Tart cherries, sweet brown malt, vinegar, a bit of musty oak. Smells very appetizing.

Flavour- Sweet brown malt, 6/10 acidity that isn't bracing or a heartburner, thank God. Sour and a bit sweet. Musty oak, very faint dry earthiness on the finish. Good, seems to be missing some depth on the back-end of the palate as it starts out sweet and sour and suddenly just falls off into a dry finish.

Mouthfeel- Medium bodied, not watery nor syrupy at all. Very good carbonation, almost like a nice aperol spritzer. Backend is a dry, tannic, oaky earthy flavour.

Overall- Very good sour brown. I would have liked it to be a bit more complex and full throughout the palate, but for what it is, it's an excellent wild with a nice mix of sweet and sour. It would be great if they sold these in 4-packs like New Glarus did with Wild Sour Ale.

04-03-2014 16:18:58 | More by Stevedore
Celtics17

4.39/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

2014
VISUAL: deep dark red bronze. Low lacing, or head.
AROMA: Big Green apple, jammy, caramel sweetness, cherry pit, citrus zest
FLAVOR: Sharp sourness, clean and sour and malty- like biting into a fresh picked Granny Smith Apple.
MOUTHFEEL: Big Mouth feel with puckering and thirst quenching.

Overall a great one. I like Le Terrior more. But overall great

03-30-2014 07:13:34 | More by Celtics17
joeseppy

4.74/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

2013
Pours a brown with red highlights with a taupe head and some spidering on the sides.

Aroma is a wonderful mix of tart/sour. Big red Cabernet quality with cherry and plum. Balsamic vinegar and maybe some black licorice. Sour patch sweetness.

Taste is very deep with a cherry mash and cider vinegar. Sugar coated sour candy.

Mouthfeel is spritzy and finishes creamy.

For me, this is the finest sour I've had to date! Heard many great things about this and it has met my expectations. This sour is deep and rich. I love Rodenbach and Duchesse but they lean towards being to much on the sweet side for me. La Folie, however, is not too sour and not too candy sweet but rather right on the money and I will pay for perfection. Class Act!

02-23-2014 22:09:43 | More by joeseppy
Jonada

4.43/5  rDev +4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

22oz bomber. 2013 vintage. Served in a snifter.

Appearance: Pours a darker red brown color with 1 finger of a light tan head that dissipates to a thin collar. Body is dark but relatively clear when held up to light, with some light visible carbonation.

Smell: Strong acidic sourness with sour cherries, vinegar, oak, red grape, lactic acid.

Taste: Taste mostly follows the aroma with notes of balsamic vinegar, red wine, and sour cherry with some notes of brown bread in the finish and aftertaste. Sourness is high.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied, slightly creamy mouthfeel. Medium lively carbonation helps move the flavors along. Minimal alcohol presence.

Overall: One of the best American examples of a flander red/oud bruin. Really complex and flavorful with a really pleasant high sourness. Definitely worth seeking out.

02-14-2014 02:34:55 | More by Jonada
BierJager89

4.18/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A: Beautiful ruby red, almost mahogany, with a light brown ring of head.

S: Dark fruit and malt in the nose.

T: Tart strawberries and some fruity Belgian yeast esters.

M: Medium bodied, smooth.

O: This is perhaps a less intense take on the style, and more akin to the less oaky Flanders Red Ale style.

02-04-2014 23:14:40 | More by BierJager89
CMUbrew

4.29/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A: Fizzy off the pour, but very little head sticks around. Dark brown color with some ruby in the light.

S: A little funky with some sour candy smell, dark fruit, and maybe some winey notes.

T: Has a nice sour punch, but certainly not too overpowering by my taste. Caramelly malt, cherry-lemon sour candy, some funky flavors, and maybe just a hint of wood.

M: Medium-light body and has slightly tingling carbonation with this etched glass.

O: A delicious first sour experience and a really good beer.

01-06-2014 01:26:45 | More by CMUbrew
MagicJeff

Georgia

4.01/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

2012 vintage poured into my snifter.

Appearance: Dark ruby, reddish amber color. Nice off white head leaves decent lacing throughout. Looks so tasty.

Smell: Green apples; vanilla-y oak.

Taste: Puckering sourness up front yields to sour apples, slight vinegar (reminds me a lot of Rodenbach in this regard), slightest funky hay on the back end.

Mouthfeel: The initial sourness is overwhelming, but I'd say this is a decent representation of the style. Standard carbonation and drinkable; had no issue finishing.

Overall: Standard Flanders, but with Rodenbach and Duchesse at least $5 a bottle cheaper at most places I frequent, I see no need for revisiting this beer too often. $16 for a bottle vs. $11 for Duchesse is a no brainer. That said, pretty good and worth trying if you get a good deal.

01-02-2014 23:34:49 | More by MagicJeff
blindtiger24

Colorado

4.06/5  rDev -4.7%

I've had this on-tap and in bottles before, but this bottle seemed to be lacking the usual carbonation that I'm accustomed to. Also, the pruney sweetness was muted in the after taste. I'll try re-reviewing in a few months as this may have been improperly stored or a bad bottle.

12-10-2013 04:26:40 | More by blindtiger24
JohnnyHopps

Indiana

4.14/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Appearance - The beer was a brown colors with dark red hues cascading throughout the beer. There was a slight off-white foam clinging to the sides of the snifter.

Smell - Cherry really comes through in the aroma. In the background, one might detect the oak and a slight sour sense of vinegar.

Taste - Oh, this one is sour. At the front, the sour explodes. Sour grapes, wood, vinegar, and sour cherries begin the assault. If you search, you can find the hidden sweetness toward the back. In the aftertaste, the sour fruits continues to coat the tongue and roof of the mouth. Even with thie low ABV, the sourness creates a faux warming impression.

Mouthfeel - La Folie has serious lingering power. It lounges on the tongue for several minutes after the swallow. Part thickness, part intensity, this feels like a sour.

Overall - I typically am not overly impressed with New Belgium releases, but I am impressed with this one. It is an easily accessible sour, that is nicely balanced.

11-28-2013 02:30:13 | More by JohnnyHopps
cbutova

4.16/5  rDev -2.3%

Almost forgot to review this, from notes during my trip to San Diego.

A- Deep, dark ruby red pour from the tap into a snifter. One finger off-white head forms and has good retention. Cap lowers to a fizzy ring and small cloud atop the beer. Cracked earth webs of lacing plentifully down the glass.

S- Reminds me of Duchesse and Rodenbach in some ways. Dark currants, cherries and tart acetic acid notes. Super clean with hints of plums and spices.

T- Opens up a lot for me here. Huge punch of cherry, lemon and tart apples to compliment the Flanders style balsamic acidity. Seems like fifty-fifty lactic and acetic sourness, somewhat puckering. Oak combines with all of this with a vinous grape feel. Toasted brown sugar and malts, red wine, fruit jam and slight funk.

MF- Just about bone dry overall with a light end body. Foamy, slightly creamy feel and a nice moderately tart finish.

Really good for an American take on the Flanders Brown. Intense tart cherry and apple feel.

11-27-2013 02:47:43 | More by cbutova
Samuel906

4.15/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This is absolutely terrific, and the best sour I have had in recent memory. Pours a unique reddish brown and right away you can smell the tartness. Lots of lime and lemon, with a hint of sweetness and some yeasty funk. Taste is SOUR SOUR SOUR. Tart acidity and sharp carbonation taste like you are drinking a less sweet lemon lime soda. Being a brown also, there are some earthier flavors in the background. Clean finish, and no weird aftertaste that sours have sometimes. Very very good!

11-15-2013 05:32:28 | More by Samuel906
Beerenauslese

4.24/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

2012 Vintage. Body is clear, brown with a hint of garnet. Poured into a Teku glass, it was capped by a substantial beige foamy head that dissipated quickly to a ring. Minimal lacing.

Smells of vinegar, cherry fruit, toffee, leather, chocolate, tobacco, vanilla.

Tastes of tart cherries and vinegar, supported by toffee, leather, and tobacco notes and a little roasted malt, providing a good level of complexity. Finishes dry with noticeable tannins (from the wood I assume).

Body is medium and the carbonation gives it a slight fizziness.

A tasty Oud Bruin with a lot going on. Like a wine, I would drink this with food mainly because I can take only so much of the vinegar sourness and the strong tannins.

11-14-2013 04:33:48 | More by Beerenauslese
DrinkSlurm

Connecticut

4.4/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

2012 Vintage...ive had for over a year. Its been in my cellar for a while then in my fridge and back and forth...so, who knows here.
Nice hiss when cap is popped...good sign.
Pours a deep brown with reddish hue into my Firestone Walker Teku...white lacing that never seems to go away.
Huuge tart aromas...red wine, caramel, and slight chocolate maybe? cherry notes as well.
Taste is mouth puckering cherry, caramel, red wine, and woody oak. Its so tart, dry, and flem inducing; its amazing. The sweet caramel-like base of the bruin combined with the tart cherry-like character of the "bruin" make this phenomenal.

11-11-2013 00:53:33 | More by DrinkSlurm
dar482

4.73/5  rDev +11%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

The beer comes in a reddish brown color with an off white head.

The aroma has a wonderful sour lactic aroma of cherries, apples, vinegar.

The flavor follows with a decent amount of sourness that mingles with a berry note and some ripe apple. There is a wonderful balance on this beer as it is not too sour and also has a good amount of carbonation to clean up the beer. The toasty malt in there goes well with the fruity sourness. The finish hits with some dryness and oak.

This is an extremely drinkable brew and really shows how the style shines.

11-04-2013 00:28:36 | More by dar482
magictacosinus

4.53/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Thanks, Jon. Poured into a tulip glass from a 22oz bomber. 2013 vintage. Been wanting to try this one for a good long while.

Pours a color very reminiscent of some of the top examples in the style - brown, yes, but with garnet and reddish colors that reveal themselves when placed against the light. Contains an off-white head that lasts a good long while, and even leaves behind some minor lacing in the process. Very vinous in appearance, and thickened looking, with some cloudiness from the yeasty sediment. Some floaties linger at the bottom, in fact, which might mean that this is one of the few bottle conditioned beers NB has ever released.

Yes, tart as people told me it would be! Excellent notes of under ripe fruit pelt the nostrils instantly, with dark sour cherries, ripe currants, and cranberries coming in full droves. Due to the oak, there are nice barrel spices and non-fruit at play, ranging from almonds, nutmeg, tobacco, clove, and baking soda throughout. Vinegar is a common flavor here, as well as green apple skins. The toasted malty flavor provides some caramel and breadiness to the mix, and makes it wholly enjoyable. A little bit of barnyard funk is also present here, but it's subtle compared to the soured notes. I simply cannot believe that this is American made. It's as great as any authentic acetic soured blended beer closest to the source in Belgium.

The flavor is about as identical to the aroma - tart, funky, and wild, but also not as intense as I expected it to be. At first there's the brief vinaigrette flavor that becomes quickly awash with the notes of cherries, blackcurrant, and prunes, which meld into a caramel tinged flavor from the malts that ends with the barrel spices (almonds, baking soda, nutmeg). Finishes slightly bitter and grassy, with notes of clove, as well as damp straw and musty barnyard funk. All of the flavors are extremely well represented as far as a oud bruin goes, and yet it maintains itself as complex and quite drinkable. The acetic acidity of this is intense, however, and this is not for beginners. I paired this with some fatty food and garlic to cut a lot of the acidity. Very thick and amazingly restrained due to the malt profile that was used. Quite a fabulous beer in many respects.

After the train wreck that was Transatlantique Kriek, I was very hesitant to try any future Lips of Faith offerings due to the my already growing dissatisfaction with NB experimental offerings. How wrong I was. This is world class stuff. I'm yet to find another American brewer that gets this style and mass produces it this well. I will buy this every year it comes out, no matter what the cost.

11-01-2013 19:41:49 | More by magictacosinus
sb3000

South Carolina

This is an easy review....

The perfect sour beer!

Pours a deep red amber. Exceptional lacing and a powder white head.

Aroma is balsamic dressing and vinegar.

Mouthfeel is somewhat thin, but malty.

Flavor is a incredible! Mouth puckering sour, but balanced out by a sweet maltiness. No hop character to speak of.

I had the privilege of touring the brewery in 2011. I tasted both the Oscar and Felix in their wood aging tanks and spoke to Lauren Salazar who blends La Folie. This beer is the perfect marriage of Belgian and American brewing. I can't imagine a better 'sour' beer.

10-24-2013 03:43:00 | More by sb3000
boilermakerbrew

Missouri

4.31/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

A- Pours a medium to deep brown in color. Lots of red colors peak in the side and through the beer's body. The head is a light tan in color and about 1 finger thick with a vigorous pour. Retention is a minute or two until it is down to a thin film. Lacing is good.

S- A courteous heads up to my nose would have been appreciated, as this sour assaults the nostrils with tart scents. The classic sour scent from lacto is there, and so is a hint of fruit. Fruitiness is somewhat in the cherry to raspberry range, but not very prominent among the overall sour smell.

T- Starts just like the scent, with a sour bang on the tongue. Fairly aggressive as far as the level of sour flavor goes. Some of the fruit notes in the taste are more lemon-like than in the scent, but those cherry and raspberry like flavors are also there. The high level of acidic sour flavors is persistent, ending the drink as well as starting it.

M- Light and highly carbonated, this feels like a sour beer version of champagne. Easy to drink as far as weight and feel go, the high level of tart and sour flavors will be the limiting factor in La Folie's sessionability.

Overall, the most sour Oud Bruin I've had. Very good as far as quality of flavors and scents. A very good beer that will really satisfy your sour craving.

10-20-2013 20:47:52 | More by boilermakerbrew
Auraan

Arizona

4.48/5  rDev +5.2%

Poured a deep reddish brown, with bubbles trailing the glass, and a quarter-finger reddish-white head. Very rustic looking, but very appealing. Scents of sour lactic acid, apple cider vinegar, apple, cherry and barnyard funk. It's another rustic area, very wild and sour, with some classic fruit in the aroma. The fruity, funk and mustiness combine to make a very nice aroma. Taste follows the nose. Sour lactic acid, apple cider vinegar, sour cherry and dry red wine with a dry finish. Very sour and vinegar like, but quite good. Just enough complexity to balance the sourness of the beer. Mouthfeel was medium-light bodied with moderate carbonation and a drying finish. It puckers and drys the mouth enticing you to take another sip. Very well crafted. Overall this is an excellent, rustic Belgian sour ale. It hits a lot of very pleasant sour and fruity notes and balances them with a mouthfeel that plays to the beer's strengths. Highly recommended.

10-17-2013 05:45:03 | More by Auraan
Immortale25

4.21/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Had on-tap at Avenue Pub New Orleans. Served in a goblet.

A- Pours a reddish light brown color with a 1/2 inch tan head that retains a bit before dropping to a thick ring around the edge of the glass and a half sheet of sheer surface foam.

S- Moderate lactic acid fume with some ripe fruit notes like cherry and sour apple. Touch of vinegar.

T- Quite sour but not overbearing as the fruit sweetness is allowed to play along. More cherry notes and even some black raspberry.

M- Dry tannins develop as the drink progresses and there's a good amount of pucker that's not overbearing. Medium carbonation and a body leaning toward the fuller side.

O- A nicely balanced Oud Bruin that's good for beginners and experts alike.

08-31-2013 23:10:31 | More by Immortale25