A.J. Winter Ale - New Belgium Brewing

A.J. Winter Ale
No picture uploaded.

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

Belgian Strong Dark Ale |  ABV ?

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: Crosling on 12-05-2004)
2.95/5  rDev -18.5%

Draught @ the brewery. Copper. Strong spices (coriander, curacao, cinnamon) just from the aroma as well as a touch of old, dried hop pellets and caramel. Spices continue on as this is a highly spiced beer. My guesses from the aroma seem to be correct. Fruits, toffee and caramel are evident. A nice beer to try.

Crosling, Mar 27, 2006
4.28/5  rDev +18.2%

Special thanks to my friend Glenn (actually, his daughter!) for procuring this beer directly from the brewery, fresh in a growler and hand-delivered. Bravo.

I love a good winter warmer. This beer definitely falls into that category. Apparently, this beer was named after a local legend who would deliver the mail on skis. Pretty awesome.

I don't exactly know if there is fruit and spices and all of that in this beer, but it definitely had the aroma of it. The beer was a classic deep brown color; although I must admit the lighting at the bar I had it in was very dim and not conducive for assessing the color of beer.

The beer was full-bodied with a lingering spiciness that tasted like a unique Belgian yeast strain. Winter "warmer" was an appropriate term, simply because I felt the warming effect of the alcohol. A fine brew, I must say.

I will seek this one out the next time I'm at the New Belgium Brewery (like every year during the GABF!)

Sixpoint, Jan 16, 2005
A.J. Winter Ale from New Belgium Brewing
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.