A.J. Winter Ale - New Belgium Brewing

A.J. Winter Ale
No picture uploaded.

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

Belgian Strong Dark Ale |  ABV ?

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: Crosling on 12-05-2004)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Crosling

Colorado

2.95/5  rDev -18.5%

Draught @ the brewery. Copper. Strong spices (coriander, curacao, cinnamon) just from the aroma as well as a touch of old, dried hop pellets and caramel. Spices continue on as this is a highly spiced beer. My guesses from the aroma seem to be correct. Fruits, toffee and caramel are evident. A nice beer to try.

03-27-2006 01:10:58 | More by Crosling
Sixpoint

4.28/5  rDev +18.2%

Special thanks to my friend Glenn (actually, his daughter!) for procuring this beer directly from the brewery, fresh in a growler and hand-delivered. Bravo.

I love a good winter warmer. This beer definitely falls into that category. Apparently, this beer was named after a local legend who would deliver the mail on skis. Pretty awesome.

I don't exactly know if there is fruit and spices and all of that in this beer, but it definitely had the aroma of it. The beer was a classic deep brown color; although I must admit the lighting at the bar I had it in was very dim and not conducive for assessing the color of beer.

The beer was full-bodied with a lingering spiciness that tasted like a unique Belgian yeast strain. Winter "warmer" was an appropriate term, simply because I felt the warming effect of the alcohol. A fine brew, I must say.

I will seek this one out the next time I'm at the New Belgium Brewery (like every year during the GABF!)

01-16-2005 01:04:17 | More by Sixpoint
A.J. Winter Ale from New Belgium Brewing
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.