2° Below Winter Ale - New Belgium Brewing

Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB) |  6.60% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-23-2005

Reviews: 563 | Hads: 1,163
3.43/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

12oz purchased at Whole Foods for about $1.40... enjoyed from my FW tulip. Listening to John Kelley High Desert Soundsystem.

CRYSTAL clear orange lite amber.... very nice color... decent head but goes away quickly.

Very distinctive nose, I swear I could pick it out of a lineup. Toasted grains are all over the place ... still hops are there, but are definately not of the American varieties... noble hops all the way here ... they just don't work well together.

Flavor is aromatic and toasted malt (Victory??) ... clean very vibrant noble hop balance. The malt flavor is like chewing on a small teaspoon of brewers biscuit malt... the hops really muddy it up. Edit: The taste is also very earthy, like a cigar humidor, sorta reminds me of a fresh hop brew... I just can't put my finger/palate on it.

Wow.... this is a back and forth review... I have, would and will buy this beer again here and there just because it is soooo freaking different ... and damnit, I want to figure it out.

3.5/3.5/3.5/3.25/3.25 (1,013 characters)

4.18/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Drank my first two from the Folly pack before I started doing reviews, and have had the weirdest craving for this beer the past couple days (ever since my taste buds and nose started really recovering from this cold I've had lately, oddly enough) so I figured... hey, why not have another? Seems like an appropriate time for it--though it's not quite "2 below" outside, it is definitely the coldest it's been in my area since last January (hit the mid-teens earlier today)... good night for a winter-themed beer I suppose.

Looks, like every other beer I've had from New Belgium, very nice. Sort of a dark coppery sort of color, hovering between dark orange and light orangey brown, with a nice fluffy-looking not-quite-white head of foam on top and constant upward streams of tiny little bubbles from a few spots around the glass. Starts to shrink away after a bit, leaving a trail on the side of the glass as it ends up as just a thin covering on top.

The smell is pretty interesting. Shortly after opening the bottle, a sniff came up mostly fruity; after pouring, there's fruitiness and nuttiness and some other things going on--leaning toward fruity when the foam's still on top, with the nutty part coming out stronger as it fades away. I almost want to say that it starts to remind me a bit of tea as it warms up a little. Gets a bit less pleasant later on, unfortunately, so I had to drop my score a bit.

Taste is kinda like the smell in a way, but different. The nuttiness (which reminds me of Fat Tire actually--probably not too surprising considering that they're made by the same people and all) is definitely present, but there seems to be a lot of other stuff going on too, enough that I'm almost having difficulty putting into words everything I'm noticing (I assume there are some flavors in here I'm not familiar with, so I can taste them and think "hey, that's something different" but I don't know quite how to describe them in words, though I'll try as best I can.) On some sips I picked up an almost citrus fruit-like flavor, but just a hint of it, and that particular flavor seemed to vanish after a short while; sometimes I get a little bit of a pine-like flavor which I know has got to be from one of the hops involved--it's not exactly like the pine-type flavor I noticed in Ranger and Rampant (even aside from not being as strong), and it's not always there like the nuttiness, but something in there reminded me a bit of pine. There's also a sort of... I guess "dried leaf-y" sort of thing going on sometimes which is pretty interesting when combined with the nutty flavor; seems to come out more as I'm getting into the later half of the glass, replacing (or maybe blending together with?) the bits of pine I noticed earlier. The fruitiness from the initial smell (and sometimes the nuttiness as well) returns in burp form after drinking my way through half the glass.

Feels pretty nice also. Goes down pretty easy but at the same time feels more substantial than a lot of drinks--definitely not watery, but doesn't feel excessively fizzy either. There's a definite bitterness going on (is it weird that I count bitterness as more of a sensation in the mouth than a taste? maybe so, but it seems like the "bitter" flavors and the feel of "bitterness" itself aren't quite the same thing), but the bitterness is never overwhelming or unpleasant at all even by the end of the glass. I almost get the feeling that I could drink another one right now, and I don't usually have two beers in one sitting. Balanced, I guess you could say.

And speaking of feelings, I am definitely starting to notice the effects of the alcohol as I get near the bottom of the glass, even though I had a ham-and-cheese sandwich just an hour or so before. Yep, this definitely has more alcohol than the average beer--but just like the other things going on it's balanced, not some crazy amount of alcohol that would get me insta-drunk after one bottle, just enough to make its presence known. I suspect I would be pleasantly "warm and fuzzy" if I went ahead and drank my last remaining bottle after this one's gone. I already feel warmer now (with my heater off) than I did earlier (with the heater on, and a full glass of beer in front of me rather than a near-empty one.) Tonight was definitely a good night for this beer.

Interestingly, it seems like every time I have this beer I notice more going on than I did the previous time--the first time I enjoyed it but I had difficulty distinguishing different flavors; the second time I could tell there was both a nutty taste and a vague "something else... must be hops" going on; and now, on my third bottle, I'm noticing all kinds of smaller details I never really did before. It's so odd how this one didn't really stand out to me much on my first bottle, but by the third bottle it might just be my second-favorite beer from the variety pack. I'm hoping that trend continues, as I still have one more left in the fridge! (4,999 characters)

4.13/5  rDev +12.5%

A: Golden / copper, clear, active carbonation, thin bubbly head.

S: Roasted malts, cereal grains, burnt toast, maybe some cocoa or granny smith apples.

T: Big malty flavor, slight esters of banana and clove, caramel apples, a little hop snap of bitterness as well.

F: Sweet and warm on the tongue. A little sticky but overall is clean and smooth.

O: Great for sitting by the fire in yuletide! (400 characters)

3.67/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

A 12 oz bottle. A light terracotta liquid with a Creme fresh head. Light toasted biscuits and mild Belgo-funk fruitiness. Toffee tinged sweetness, herbaceous hops. Taste follows like a winters Fat Tire. Well balanced malt body with a dry graininess. Light caramel sweetness. Herbal earthiness with a light hop bitterness clinging to my palate. Feel is nicely weighted for winter with a light creaminess'. Smooth and drinkable it is a satisfying and delicious brew. (464 characters)

3.27/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Pours a bright, shiny gold that is so clear!!!!!!. Head is real nice and marshmallowy, lacing is some of the best I have ever seen. Hops hit the nose first followed by some sweet malts. Taste hits first with the malt of a bitter , then finishes real nice with the Sterling and Liberty hops, creating a beautifully balanced beer. Not quite like any other ESB I have had, but still a very nice beer ! (398 characters)

3.42/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours dark golden with a fluffy head. Thin trailing lace sticks.

The smell is fruity (citric), slightly perfumy.

The taste is tea-like, slightly woody, some dried tobacco mixed with a biscuity malt. Citrus comes through in the finish. Something about the mixture isn't sitting so well, but works adequately enough. Some slight alcohol warmth comes through.

Lighter-bodied for a "winter" release, but works well enough. It's smooth.

Not sure what is really "winter" about it, but it's a decent enough brew. It has an ESB/Bitter character about it (and on the hoppy side), but it just didn't "mesh" well together enough to be anything great, in my opinion. Still in all, glad enough it was in the winter variety pack and to have had four bottles of it. (756 characters)

2.9/5  rDev -21%

This isn't my favorite winter warmer, simply because it's kind of light but still somehow too bitter for my taste. If you like that, then give it a shot, but I prefer other winter seasonals more. (196 characters)

3.94/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

"We like to think we beat winter at its own game with 2º Below Winter Ale- a bright, warming blast of Sterling and Liberty hops along with tawny roasted malts. By pushing our 2º Below into a final, nearly freezing state, its ample structure develops a brilliant clarity. Dry hopping during fermentation creates a bright, hoppy palate and a cheery warm afterglow." Brewed in the style of an English ESB. Previously a winter seasonal as recent as 2010-2011, this was re-released once more in the winter 2013 folly pack as a one-off. Available in 12 oz. bottles and on draft.

Poured from a 12 oz. Bottle to a New Belgium globe glass. Served north of 51º Fahrenheit.

(Appearance) Pours a golden cream white head of a frothy, silky consistency over a very mildly hazy copper orange body with otherwise brilliant clarity. Carbonation is moderate, plentiful and vivacious. Retention is superb and lacing is light and sticky. 4.25

(Smell) The presence of hop characters in this beer is very distinctive, very fruity, floral and underripe citrus presence on top of a biscuity, lightly toasted caramel grain malt base. Bitterness is modest and the sweetness is equally tame- overall the balance is enjoyable. Potency is medium-high. 4

(Taste) The balance is even more evident in the flavor. A pronounced biscuit caramel and toffee malt base provide a distinctively English malt build, whereas the hop profile, slightly less potent than in the aroma, still generates a flavorful assembly of fruity, floral and earthy hop notes, nothing too contradictory to style nor distractingly bitter, the beverage is drinkable and very well balanced. 3.75

(Mouthfeel) Texture is smooth, fluffy, very clean. Carbonation generates a very mild frothiness and little crispness for a tame mouthfeel. The body is medium for the style, medium overall. Balance is equal parts bitter and sweet, just ideal for the style and drinkability. Alcohol presence and off-flavors are at a bare minimum. It should be noted that while many English style ales have a range of Diacetyl and mineral characteristics, 2º Below for the most part avoids this in favor of more approachable flavors. 4.25

(Drinkability) This beer blew me away the second time I had it, just so much more to expect over a no-frills ESB, the fruity and zesty hop profile works wonders for turning up the flavor in this beer. Highly drinkable, gracefully balanced and quite the quaffable ESB, perhaps in name only. Now if they could only decide to keep a seasonal around for more than a year at a time, I'd get it at every chance. This is arguably my favorite of the winter seasonal selections that New Belgium has put out, and I hope they return to bringing old favorites back in the near future. 4

New Belgium Brewing Company's
2º Below Ale
3.93/5.00 (2,792 characters)

3.68/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance - Pours a quick finger of off-white eggshell head, body is a brilliant transparent light golden orange, lively carb action in the body, thick broken foam rings left after each quaff.

Smell - dark toffee, robust wheat bread, sweet dark fruits like ripe plums, warm brown sugar, and just a slight whiff of floral hops and trace minerals.

Taste - Wow - very much like the nose, but an absolute balanced symphony - flavors are so well blended that it's harder to separate the flavors like you can in the smell - flavor starts heavier towards the brown sugar/toffee/wheat bread crusts and semi-sweet plum, floral hops join moments later, and then there is a spicy yeast flavor accompanied by some earthy mineral flavors. Finishes slightly bitter and dry with dried flowers, breadcrusts and minerals.

Mouthfeel - The large flavors and light sweetness give this a medium mouthfeel, carb is just medium and smooth on the tongue but then gives some extremely crisp, bright edges along the sides and back of the tongue. The feel at the front and center is wonderful, but almost has a slight harshness at the back, making you look forward to the next sip.

Overall - For whatever reason, I just personally like alot of the "typical new belgian" flavors that I find from the similar yeast and malt profiles used in their beers - at least it certainly tastes like it. This in many ways is like an amped up Fat Tire, and that's not a bad thing in my book. I believe this is a seasonal release, check it out if you get the chance. (1,530 characters)

3.41/5  rDev -7.1%

12 oz. bottle, with best before date of February 09, 2014 printed on the label. Acquired as part of the mixed folly pack at the local Jewel. A new winter seasonal to me from New Belgium, and since it was cold as hell today, it seemed more than appropriate.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter.

A - Pours a very nice burnt coppery orange with some nice clarity and about two fingers of fluffy doughy tan head. Thin scattered lacing. Looks pretty nice.

S - Smell is of brown bread, crackery caramel malt, crisp musty yeast, a touch of indistinct spicing, & some hop derived fruitiness comes through with hints of mango, grapefruit, pine, & melon. A light aroma, but pleasant enough.

T - Taste is of caramel malt, brown bread, touch of brown sugary sweetness, & roasty malty nuttiness. Touch of piney / grapefruit hop bitterness on the finish. More nutty and malty than anything else, but the citrus hops lends a nice touch.

M - Feel is crisp and clean, with mild stickiness / bitterness on the palate.

Overall, a decent enough winter ale for what it is. Moderate abv and easy drinking for the style. This was the first year I encountered this beer, and I would have it again.

New Belgium 2° Below Winter Ale ---3.5/5 (1,223 characters)

3.88/5  rDev +5.7%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a goblet.

A - Medium gold color with orange highlights; very clear. Head is white and made of extremely fine bubbles. It is just a wisp on top of the beer, but makes lots of lacing on the glass.

S - Fresh hoppy aromas of citrus and tropical fruit with only a bit of pine and grapefruit. Behind that is some bready malt, and sugar. Maybe some spices like gingerbread, but very, very restrained.

T - Flavors emphasize hops, with tropical fruit, pine and grapefruit at about equal levels. There is some gingerbread malt in the background, but it can't compete with the hops. No yeast characteristics show through. Fairly one dimensional.

M - A little thin-bodied. Strong hop bitterness. Restrained carbonation. Slight alcohol presence.

O - A good beer, but a little disappointing to me when billed as a winter warmer/ESB. I think it could use more malt presence to provide balance and complexity. Still, it is clean, well-made and enjoyable. (975 characters)

3.34/5  rDev -9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured chilled in ribbed shaker pint

A: clear, dark copper color; very strong head and very robust carbonation; good lacing
S: dank hop aroma, rather light
T: caramel and hops; malt toasted nicely; well spiced, but not as much as other winter ales; bread/biscuit; strong estery taste on the back end detracts from an otherwise promising beer; dry--not very sweet

A decent try (377 characters)

3.38/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured into a New Belgium goblet. Label says 23FEB14.

A- Pours a clean medium amber color with a 1/2 inch off-white head that retains well before dying down to a thick ring around the edge of the glass and a mostly full sheet of surface foam. Semi-resilient lacing leaves a bubbly ring behind.

S- Grainy, biscuity malt aroma. Slight tinge of alcohol.

T- Graininess follows through to the taste bringing some bready notes. A bit of butter, slightly sweet. Minimal hop bitterness and flavor.

M- Slick and thin with medium carbonation and a lightish body.

O- One of the less impressive ESBs I've had. It really is a difficult style to nail properly and bring out the subtle nuances. Nothing offensive going on though, so it doesn't lose out on too many points. (763 characters)

3.06/5  rDev -16.6%

A very fluffy off-white head gently laces the glass, persisting for an extended period. The clear body is the color of a new penny.

The smell is primarily of grass and ever green trees and is particularly pungent. The mouthfeel is slightly below medium, falling a bit flat.

Ales advertised as winter ales often have a lot of interesting elements to their flavor, but this brew does not deviate far from its smell with a blend of mildly hoppy grass and ever-green sap. The website lists it as a Strong Bitter, but I'm not exactly floored by its hoppiness either. While drinkable, the beer lacks the advertised warm afterglow and falls a little short of expectation. I quite like many other brews by this company.

If handed this at a party, I wouldn't turn it down, but I would not pay money for it a second time. (815 characters)

3.4/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance - Very light and see through that pours with lots and lots of carbination.

Smell - oaty and straw smell to this guy. some biscuit flavors as well

Taste - for the style the bitterness comes through with an oat and malty backbone.

Mouthfeel - leaves a nice bitter flavor on the tongue for sure.

Overall - i love that NB is bringing back their seasonals and this beer had a special place for me before every winter. Not a horrible beer, but there are lots of better winter beers. (491 characters)

3.67/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Type: 12-oz. bottle
Glass: Manzanita pint glass
From: VONS in Normal Heights (San Diego), Calif.
Price: $14.99 for Folly variety 12-pack (w/ VONS card)
Purchased: Dec. 30, 2013
Consumed: Dec. 30, 2013
Misc.: Best before March 16, 2014

Poured a honey pale clear color with five fingers of frothy khaki white head. I had to stop my pour with the head almost pouring over. Lots of bubbles coming up from the bottom. Tons of sporadic foamy lacing along the sides of the glass on the way down. Great retention on the way top that stayed all the way down.

Smelled cherries, raspberries, faint Juniper berries, caramel, toffee and nutty malts.

Tasted nutty malts, vegetables, herb hops, Juniper berries and toffee. Lingering taste was bitter onions or radishes.

Light-to-medium body. Creamy texture. Average carbonation. Bitter finish.

This beer was all over the place. I originally dug it, but it became too much like a toned-down Rampant Imperial Ale. I settled on a 3.75 overall rating, but it probably should have been a 3.50. (1,031 characters)

3.69/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2° Below Ale
New Belgium Brewing, Colorado
---from bottle to pint glass---

Appearance
Bright and clean copper, two fingers of ivory head, excellent lacing.

Smell
Bright floral aroma, pine, bready.

Taste
Spicey herbal flavors give way to bready, bready and caramel malts, finishes with some bitter hoppy notes – reminds me of bitter apple skin.

Mouth-feel
Light to medium body, good carbonation, good lingering bitter calls for another sip.

Overall
I like this. Looks bland, but surprises you after every sip. A good bitter beer. Bready (did I already say that?) I like the apple notes. I could drink a few of these and be happy. (637 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Had a hard time finding this beer on here and now I see that hundreds of other people apparently did not. Oh well.

Appearance 3.5: Poured out a coppery golden color. Completely translucent. I mean like tap water translucent. Smallish CO2 powered head ran out of steam quickly and disappeared.

Smell 3.5: Interesting bouquet. I smell a big hit of grassy hops along with some light caramel grains. Somewhat subdued but still nice.

Taste 4.0: Front is very grassy and alkaline, obviously from the hops; nice. Middle is where more hops -these having even more of the chlorophyll flavor-- abound along with a light malty sweetness. Finish is pleasant and well-balanced with a nice malt punch tempered by a final hit of alkalinity. Aftertaste is short and focuses on the malt/hop marriage one final time.

Mouthfeel 3.5: Somewhat watery, but this does not detract from the enjoyment of the brew.

Overall 3.75: Very good beer. New Belgium is a brewery that is hot and cold with me, but with this beer it is running hot (in spite of its name). Great blending of hops and malt and just a drinkable and sessionable beer. I would buy this again and would love to find it on tap. (1,171 characters)

3.74/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

A: Pours a crystal clear copper in color with light to moderate amounts of active visible carbonation rising from the bottom of the glass and hints of orange + amber highlights. The beer has a finger tall sudsy light beige head that reduces to a couple of medium to large patches of very thick film surrounded by a thin film and a very thick ring at the edges of the glass. Significant amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light to moderate aromas of toasted bready malts with light to moderate aromas of herbal, spicy, and floral hops.

T: Upfront there are moderate flavors of lightly toasted bready malts with a slight hint of grainy sweetness. There are some light flavors of herbal, spicy, and floral hops which impart a light amount of lingering bitterness.

M: Medium bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation.

O: Enjoyable and a nice beer for a cold winter evening - reminds me of a slightly stronger version of the beers I would drink on cask in the UK when I was getting something stronger. Nice flavors. (1,025 characters)

3.5/5  rDev -4.6%

12oz : tulip

Clear, coppery orange with a foamy, off white head.

Herbal, spicy, floral hop profile with a malty bready base.

Medium body, foamy carbonation.

I don't see this as a particularly "wintery" seasonal beer, but it is a solid, tasty ESB. Happy to have a few bottles of it. (285 characters)

3.59/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz bottle into a pint glass
Best before: 09Feb14

A: Pours a crystal clear golden straw yellow with 1 fingers width of slightly off white colored head. Decent retention. Leaves a fair amount of lacing.

S: Doughy yeast, a wheat-like aroma, citrus, sweet malts, diacetyl.

T: A somewhat smokey flavor, bitterness, citrus, plastic, buttery.

M/D: Medium body, carbonation on the heavier side, drinkability is average.

O: Overall, its ok, but nothing special. I'll have no trouble finishing the other 3 that were in the sampler, but I dont think Id but it again. (566 characters)

3.74/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours out a nice dark orange with a one finger white head with fairly good retention. Smells of fruit. I get some pineapple and orange when I think of what sticks out. Actually smells fairly nice. Taste is pretty mellow and turned down. Definitely a session beer as I bought it for that. Not very hoppy at all. I definitely get more from the malt bill here. Taste is hard for me to pin down but malt forward and not very hoppy. It's very drinkable. Wish I could get more out of this but it's not a big beer like I'm used to. Mouthfeel is pretty thin but it seems well for the style. Overall a better beer than I was expecting. Basically a good session beer. (657 characters)

3.15/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured into a shaker pint three months before its best before date of 23 Feb 2014.

Appearance: Aggressive pour brings a coppery, transparent beer with 3 inches of foamy off-white suds. Lacing is ample and lingers a while.

Smell: A balance of malt and hops, both being rather mild at this point and neither remarkable. Could be any bitter at this point.

Taste: Malt comes first, with a roasted biscuit flavor that borders on a cocoa taste. Reminds me of the malts in Fat Tire. Hops come next, presenting an earthy, leafy flavor. A few more sips and some warmth allows a citrus note to appear.

Mouthfeel: A teensy bit sticky, but remains thin. No alcoholic heat, and not a lot of bitter aftertaste, although the hops will stick with you longer than the malt will.

Overall: A decent approximation to a bitter, or ESB, or whatever New Belgium is marketing this as. I would classify it as a more hop-forward version of Fat Tire, which is difficult enough to classify by itself! I might have this again, but with Bass being so cheap, I'd probably stick to the authentic English pub beers. (1,088 characters)

4.25/5  rDev +15.8%

Served from the bottle into a goblet.

A- Poured a mostly clear dark orange color, some visible carbonation with soapy off-white head that left some splashy lace.

S- Big floral, grassy, and citrusy hops. Big biscuit malt, toffee, cereal malt, and caramel sweetness.

T- Big biscuit and cereal malt notes, big floral, grassy, citrusy, and piney hope, quite a bit of caramel sweetness, toffee, bready, and light spice esters from the yeast. Moderate to high bitterness on the finish. with a big lingering hop finish.

M- Prickly carbonation, medium to lighter bodied, and semi-dry finish.

O- This winter ale has a ton of hop character and big malt backbone that really balance each other out well. Reminded me a little bit of a much maltier version of Celebration Ale, it seemed like the hop profile and hop bite was pretty similar. (833 characters)

3.38/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured into a NB globe.

A: Pours a light amber with a minimal head. The beer leaves behind very little lacing as it is consumed.

S: light malty aroma.

T: The overwhelming impression I got was that this tasted quite a bit like Fat Tire.

M: light mouthfeel.

O: Again, this reminded me of Fat Tire but perhaps a lighter version. I do enjoy Fat Tire but I think I prefer the original to this version. I got this as part of the NB Winter 12 pack. (446 characters)

2° Below Winter Ale from New Belgium Brewing