Mighty Arrow Pale Ale - New Belgium Brewing

Mighty Arrow Pale AleMighty Arrow Pale Ale

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Bitterbill on 01-05-2008)

jak, Dec 11, 2011

captainbearcat, Nov 22, 2011

Appearance is a darker golden amber with a thin head, but good lace. Smell of floral hops and light sweet malt. Taste is malty, piney and with a citrus bitterness. Mouthfeel is just above light with a good amount of carbonation. I have to say this is my favorite from New Belgium.

Bookseeb, Mar 20, 2009

Tracker83, Mar 28, 2014

trojankeg, Dec 17, 2011

afsdan, Apr 09, 2014

joelBfrasier, Nov 25, 2011

This was a nice little surprise here. After reading some of the reviews, I was expecting a so-so middle of the road average tasting brew... Not so...

This is a beautiful clear amber with a small tight thin head... Very clear... Nice color...

Surprisingly hoppy aroma... Dang... This smells really piney and aggressive... The malts are there and make a showing but this is piney hop domininated all the way...

Tastes just like it smells.. Starts out a little sweet from the malts and then the hops burst out and take over. Very very drinkable APA here....

This reminds me A LOT of 60 Min... Also Schlafly Dry Hopped Pale Ale... this might be my summertime easy chair brew here...

Tilley4, Jun 07, 2009

I2uss, Nov 18, 2011

Poured from brown NBB bottle to NBB pint glass.

A - The beer pours a perfectly clear light golden amber color with a 1 finger white bubbly head. Good retention and lacing throughout.

S - Better nose than I remember from last year: fruity and citrusy and earthy in hop character. A nice malty sweetness on the back end.

T - Just like the nose this is better than I remember! The hop character is present immediately with sweet fruit, citrus, pine character. The malty sweetness allows for a surprisingly balanced beer. Finishes smooth and crisp.

M - Lighter end of medium mouthfeel with good crisp carbonation.

O - A very good APA that I would recommend. It has a lot more character than I recall. Very citrusy and sweet and delicious.

Reviewed on: 03-25-2011 19:47:08

BeerNoobNC, Nov 17, 2011

username, Mar 14, 2014

scratch69, Dec 31, 2011
4.03/5  rDev +6.6%

Pale orange color, good head and significant lacing.
Pine hop aroma with some citrus.
Good balance of flavor with the malt managing to pin down the hop bitterness.
Not too much of a lingering bitterness, nice smooth carbonation makes for a drinkable beer.

weasbri, May 12, 2010
4.03/5  rDev +6.6%

Clear amber color with one finger of head that was quick to settle to a thin film. Nice amount of sticky lacing is left down the glass.

Hoppy aroma that is packing a lot of subtle properties. It is fruity with note of tangerine, mango, and kiwi. Also some floral and peppery qualities as well. Malt does not play much of a role in the smell.

Flavor also has a lot of tropical fruit. Citrus and other fruit flavors, and floral notes pleases the palate. Malt has a sweeter quality and a hint of caramel. Bitterness is moderate but is very well balanced.

Extremely well carbonated to a medium-light beer. Lively without being harsh.

One of the more fruit hop forward beers I have sampled. A revival beer, why was it ever discontinued? I would drink this over many other New Belgium beers.

morimech, Feb 25, 2014
4.03/5  rDev +6.6%

12 oz received as a cool extra in a trade with jhammerly. Poured into my Small weizen glass ... looong lasting 3 finger head is rocky and leaves a bunch of lacing. Pale gold ... but very clear.

Citrus and earthy hop aromas... a little bready .. but mainly the hops are the star in this one.

Good bitter backbone.. hop flavors are agains citric .. but I am getting a little pine... a little earthy .. and sorta a sweet bready maltiness... medium body and abundant carbonation.. long oily finish for a pale ale. Very nice across the board ... I would pick this up if it was available in 6-pack.

Jimi Thanks a bunch ... stellar experience once again.

JohnGalt1, Mar 23, 2008
4.03/5  rDev +6.6%

12oz bottle into one of the new New Belgium globe glasses. This just showed up in Austin. I hear it was in the Folie packs about half a year ago, but ours have had Old Cherry or Giddy Up.

I first need to say how dissappointed I am that this replaced SpringBoard, and the late Biere de Mars - 2 of my all time favourites. If you read this and are able to send me some of either of these, please send me a BeerMail.

So, the label indicates a Pale Ale with Cascades; with no spices or fruit or fun yeast? Lame. I pour hoping New Beligum put a twist on the style...

Lots of carnbonation. Similar burnt orange-copper color as Fat Tire, but not as reddish brown.

Aroma has more hops than the taste - dry hop? But not the wonderful bouquet that alot of the hoppy APA's have. I also smell peach, some ESB-esque malts, and some honey dough.

Flavor is not very bursting, but is unique and evolving. Hops come in and out, as well some caramel toffee malt flavours. A few honey flavours too, then some sweet peach and orange peel, then a little wet wood or moss.

Reminiscent of their Fat Tire and 2 Below in some ways (some of those toasty, biscuity malts), as well as an Enlgish IPA or ESB.

It's thick, smooth, and very drinkable, both especially for 6%. Also slick and creamy; maybe they snuck some oat in there as they've done with their past Spring seasonals...

Finish is a nice dry and grassy one, some apricot or mandarin orange that fades into ESB flavours. I may be projecting some Saison flavours. I taste more and more orange flavours as it warms, a noticeable earthy spice - likely these and the English flavours are due to the Golding hops.

Interesting to try 6 times, but I'm not blown away like I was with their past Spring Seasonals (or any of their sours). I look forward to trying this on tap. It's not just another Pale Ale or IPA...I must say it grew on me by the second one in a sitting.
---
Much hoppier poured into a English pub glass. But mostly dry hop, IBUs are prolly not much more than 40, if that.

MEsquandoles, Jan 16, 2009