The Trip VII (Black Belgo IPA) - New Belgium Brewing

The Trip VII (Black Belgo IPA)
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Black Ale |  8.50% ABV

Beer added by: beertunes on 06-10-2011

3.8/5  rDev n/a

Served in 16oz goblet. Due to transportation issues (the beer was poured at a brewers night and got shook up badly en route) I'm just giving a general score on appearance. The beer poured very dark brown, looked like chocolate milk, with a tall, proud, dark tan head that had great retention and very good lacing. But again, this is not the beers usual looks.

The aroma was a nice blend of various hops and some spices that were used in brewing. The flavors were even more bold and interesting. Nice hops, some solid grains and interesting spices make this one of the more interesting examples of a style that I'm not quite sure of.

The body was decent, nice and crisp, without any of the annoying stickiness that some hoppy brews have. Drinkability was good, I think I'll have more of these while I can. Overall, a nice little beer. A must try if you see it. If this beer settles down, I'll come back and adjust my score.

The Trip VII (Black Belgo IPA) from New Belgium Brewing
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.