2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Lips Of Faith - Biere De Garde - New Belgium Brewing

Lips Of Faith - Biere De GardeLips Of Faith - Biere De Garde

good

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

Bière de Garde |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: WastingFreetime on 11-14-2012)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 295 | Reviews: 69 | Show All Ratings:
shacawgo24

4.66/5  rDev +27.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

A-The color of hand squeezed orange juice. Light orange, yellow almost. Clarity in body, yet has a slight murkiness as well. Thick snow-white frothy head. Great foamy lacing. Lively carbonation.

S-Fresh squeezed orange. Bergamot orange leads into Earl Grey tea. Champagne. Mimosa. Soapy. Cupcake.

T-Lush sour juicy orange. Vanilla. Bergamot. Earl Grey. Sweet sugary bread. Frosted flavors. Fruit Loops.

M-Never experienced this so delicate, tender, fine sensation. Fragile softness. Low, light body. Not thin or watery, just, SOFT. Medium carbonation. Slight spicy finish reminiscent of cinnamon on your tongue. Dry sour finish, but the flavor makes your palate salivate for more. Bitters sprinkled throughout. Sour cheesy yeasty aftertaste, like yogurt or cottage cheese mixed with pineapple or peaches.

O-A unique beer. A style that needs to be brewed more, so much going on with this Biere de Garde. The softest LIQUID I have ever had the pleasure of feeling. I like the cheesy, musty qualities to this beer, propelling the brew into a true food, not just beer.

01-03-2014 03:47:04 | More by shacawgo24
BeerFMAndy

Wisconsin

4.6/5  rDev +26%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

22 oz bottle poured into a New Belgium globe.
9% ABV, numbers screened on bottle.

A - Carbonation lazily streams through the mostly clear goldenrod colored beer to the loose and fleeting white head. Delicate wisps of lace stretch up the glass in a sea foam-like pattern.

S - Stinky would be a good word to describe this beer. Pungent yeast spiciness throws caution to the wind and piles on coriander seed and lemongrass with a cellared, dry wood musty funk while a unique orange peel citrus aroma finishes up. Some pilsner malt sweetness collects in the background but the focus of this aroma is on the yeast's unusual characteristics.

T - Sweet malt erupts in the beer's flavor really changing what one might expect from this beer with a sniff. Dry crystal malt and light white bread toast notes blanket the more subtle yeast flavors of spice, earthy clay, and modest funk. Aside from the addition of orange peel which pops in faint citrus, light apricot and white grape fruitiness trickle in along the finish adding complexity to the already deep beer.

M - This Lips of Faith Biere de Garde is incredibly well-lagered with a velvet smoothness and complimentary soft water feel that's barely interrupted by light carbonation, though the beer never feels flat. High alcohol doesn't intrude either but offers a good dry balance because of the low hop level for an even finish.

O - New Belgium's newest Lips of Faith, a Biere de Garde collaboration, is quite intrepid, shining with a serious farmhouse nose and malty, deep flavor profile of mixed fruits and spice traits, all produced by the yeast. If you're looking for an escape from the seasonals; something new and unique, check this beer out! Additionally, it should be noted that this bomber drinks too damn easy for it's alcohol level. Check yo' self befo' you wreck yo' self!

11-15-2012 00:12:35 | More by BeerFMAndy
ClementiPizzeria

4.25/5  rDev +16.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Thank you New Belgium for ending my 2012 with a bang. I brought in 15 gallons of this beautiful french style Biere De Garde and it was the fastest pouring draft of the year.

We served this beer on draft in the 16oz NB glasses.

The dark 24karate golden-hue was especially wonderful to observe during the holidays.
My only criticism of this beer was the aroma. It definitely did not have a distasteful scent its was just.... barely there.

The beautiful sour taste upfront was dreamy. The French know their beverages. The Vivant + New Belgium Tag team on this beer was worthy of awarding it a title fight. The medium bodied fruity flavor was deliciously topped with a stupendous amount of hops. I would put this in my top 5 for 2012 on flavor alone.

The texture was evident in its smooth finish that left a wonderful bitter after taste.

I've only gone through 10 gallons. I'm saving the last 5 to tap this upcoming June. I can't wait to pair this brew with the fresh fried blue-gill special I will be serving come May.

01-23-2013 03:19:33 | More by ClementiPizzeria
Randroid

4.2/5  rDev +15.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Appearance: Roosters all over this 22 oz printed bottle. Looking good. Beer poured a hazy golden/straw color with a nice creamy off-white head that laced as I drank.

Smell: Some funky old socks or yeast mixed in with some citrus and grass aromas. A little bit of herbs or spice in the aroma too?

First Drink: Bitter in a really pleasant way like eating strong citrus quickly followed by a very smooth (almost oily or buttery) malt and hops aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Crisp yet smooth? A very interesting sensation and not one I can easily pinpoint. A little sticky on the finish.

Last Drink: Not getting much of the high 9% ABV but I feel darn good. More citrus and herbs (floral flavors?) coming through now. Quite nice.

Drinkability: It would be a shame to drink this beer too fast yet I really want to slam it for some reason. A good collaboration between two of my favorite breweries!

01-11-2013 21:55:54 | More by Randroid
RickS95

Indiana

4.19/5  rDev +14.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very pale ale looking with a somewhat clear, nectarine colored pour. Faint haze, but still mostly clear. The head is a nice contrasting bright white and has decent retention. A swirl kicks the bubbles back into motion and leaves a spotty lace.

I'm really undecided on the scent. It's got a German-ish, European smell, which I don't care much for, but at the same time, it's got some Belgo yeasty notes and American citrus smells as well. As it warms, the alcohol and peppery yeast come thru.

The taste is pretty spectacular. It's alcohol forward, along with plenty of malt to offset the yeast and citrus. Complex taste and feel.

Complexion at its finest with sweetness up front, spicy comes on mid-sip, then a savory hop bitterness and acidic tropical fruit feel in the dry, spicy finish. Alcohol and heat from the hops lingers well into the finish. Medium body.

The beer didn't do much for me early on, but the flavor more than made up for it. It's a smooth beer, an easy drinker, despite some aggressive ingredients. Your palate is constantly being challenged.

09-21-2013 02:50:10 | More by RickS95
impending

4.15/5  rDev +13.7%

A-

22oz into a tulip. Pours a crystal clear pale new penny copper, encouragement required for a minor off white head, minor lacing.

The aroma is a delight. Peaches mango pineapple encompassed in candied jelly orange slices. Slight mustiness.

Flavor surprises with pronounced undulations. Starts sweet and fruity then dips abruptly to a low earthy note, rolls to a dry finish which accompanies the orange pineapple herbal aftertaste that lingers pleasantly. Notes of Hi-C. Increasingly earthy with warmth.
delicious
cheers
jd

11-18-2012 06:34:56 | More by impending
chickenflea

4.15/5  rDev +13.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Drank from a bomber. Pours a bright, slightly-cloudy gold. A small white head. Very aromatic. Papaya, honeydew, bread dough and phenol. A touch of lemon grass. A hint of funkiness. The taste is sweet with a little pancake batter and orange soda. Some paper napkin dries out the finish. Medium-bodied, with a mildly biting mouthfeel. Love it. I want to make a beer like this someday!

11-03-2013 20:04:34 | More by chickenflea
BeerManDan

4.14/5  rDev +13.4%

When poured, the color was a clear golden yellow with a little white foam and very little lace. But, the smell of sweet citrus and spice filled the nose with a plesant aroma of all the wonder smells. The taste was of orange and lemon citrus, along with a hint on spices that I cannot say what! Great finish on the aftertaste and palate. Not acidic or bitter. I will say that the colder this ale, the better the taste and flavor and balance. When it started to warm up, the flavor had a dull acidic finish. So, drink while cold!

01-31-2013 00:00:14 | More by BeerManDan
vickersspitfire

4.13/5  rDev +13.2%

Pours out a light burnt copper color and is topped off with a thin white head that sticks around for a while. The aroma is very pleasant, lots a citrus( lemons and lemon zest) come through. Mild grass and wheat smells are also present. Smooth and crisp as it hits your tongue, this ale quickly warms up your mouth with cloves, grapes medium wheat and banana flavors all wrapped around a semi tart and sweet body, which by the way is light to medium. The aftertaste is a bit more sweeter and almost reminds me of a sweet-tart. The alcohol is well hidden, this a very well brewed beer and it goes down very well. This is my first Biere De Garde and I gotta say I’m a fan for life.

12-24-2012 22:19:19 | More by vickersspitfire
ElCommodoro

4.11/5  rDev +12.6%

Good, solid, flavourful beer. What was odd about it was trying to decide whether it was refreshing or not. All of the flavours were very fresh and refreshing, so were very delicious, but the beer itself was yeasty to the point of frothiness in a very unrefreshing way. So, despite all those fresh citrus and hop flavours that were nonetheless delicious, I would have to find new scenarios in which to drink this because normally I only drink beers with those flavours in the summer when it's hot. This, I would never want to drink if it were hot. It would be cloyingly frothy and unsatisfying. This is definitely a late-night beer, but with a zesty, summery taste. An interesting meeting of worlds. Give it a try if you're in the mood for something new and interesting.

04-10-2013 04:16:31 | More by ElCommodoro
AgentMunky

4.1/5  rDev +12.3%

Poured from a 22 ounce bottle into an Allagash cervoise glass.

A: Two fingers of stark white head top a mostly clear golden ale.

S: Lemon verbena and dry yeast.

T: An interesting bière de garde with fairly herbal flavours and a flowery finish.

M: Perfect. Creamy, thick, and delicate. Lightly carbonated with a hint of fennel spice and light cirtric zest.

O: Incredibly drinkable and highly recommended. I would have again and again and again.

01-07-2013 10:24:27 | More by AgentMunky
GRPunk

4.03/5  rDev +10.4%

22oz bottle poured into a Duvel tulip.

Birthday beer from my wife.

A- Clean, golden-blonde body shows just the slightest haze. 1-finger, off-white head falls to a light foam and leaves some awesome stick. Not much yeast, even with a swirl on the final pour.

S- Belgian funk with the crack of the cap threw me a bit. Candy sweet with some grassy hops. Apple peel. Dare I say "farmhouse" or "horse blanket?" Some cellar-like or corked quality even though I know this isn't necessarily aged or corked, especially as it warms.

T- Interesting. Belgian funkiness for sure. Almost corn-like at the beginning, then a rush of green apple. Light grainy flavors. Any citrus contributed by orange peel addition is subdued. Quite sweet throughout with a dryish finish. Any hint of higher ABV is fairly masked. Just a touch assertive. I really wavered between a 3.5 and 4.

M- Moderate-heavy carbonation. Dry.

O- Definitely on the blonde side of the Biere de Garde spectrum. Funkier than most I've had. Yeasty quality does remind me of Vivant's Farmhand and its variants. 9% ABV does make for robust flavor without any burn. I'd almost think it a Belgian strong ale if I wasn't told differently. I'd like to grab another bottle as I know my wife's Brie en croute is going to make a holiday appearance very soon. May be a good pairing.

12-24-2012 00:03:31 | More by GRPunk
BeerWizard

4.03/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Picked up a bomber for $9. I've been wanting to try this for a while, but can never seem to reconcile spending $9 on essentially two beers (of course, I did spend $10 on two beers at a bar last night before tip...hmmm). We'll see how this one goes.

Poured into a Chimay goblet, light orange with some yeast floaters. The initial head was airy and quickly bubbled away, and a denser, smaller island of bubbles is piling up in the center of the glass.

Definitely get the citrus in the nose - bottle says it's brewed with orange peels. Also definitely get it in the flavor - holy orange peels! It's actually really, really orangey. Do I like that? I'm not sure that I've ever tasted anything quite like it. Yes, I've decided I do like it. There's also almost some kind of woody-wine flavor to it as it warms up more. Really kind of fascinating flavor profile. The alcohol is also not as subdued as some other 9%-ers I've had, and I like that, too.

Overall, I'd recommend it. I don't know if I would get it again (I usually don't buy bombers, anyway - maybe if I did I'd go for round two), but I'm glad I finally got to try it. Really nice if you want to try something a bit different.

06-06-2013 02:19:17 | More by BeerWizard
StoutHunter

4.01/5  rDev +9.9%

I picked up a bottle of New Belgium's Biere De Garde from their Lips of Faith series last month for 8.99 at The Lager Mill. This beer was from when New Belgium collaborated with Brewery Vivant last year, I really like the beer that Brewery Vivant put out from that collaboration, Escoffier, and since I liked that beer so much I thought I would try the one that New Belgium put out, so lets see how it goes. 2012 Vintage. Poured from a brown 22oz bottle into a Belgian tulip.

A- The bottle looks pretty good, just like most beers from the Lips of Faith series, I like the nod to Brewery Vivant with the nice looking roosters. It poured a fairly hazy yellow color that took on some nice golden hues when held to the light with three fingers worth of fluffy white head that died down to a thick ring that stayed till the end and left a good amount of lacing behind. This is a pretty good looking beer, the color was good and the head and lacing were very good, I liked the way it looked.

S- The aroma starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness followed by a nice citrus aroma, I get a slight bit of lemon, but it's the orange rind that seems to stick out the most and it blends nicely with a medium barnyard funk aroma. After that I get a straw like aroma, with a good amount of bready malts with a light caramel malt aroma in the background. Towards the end I get a little more fruit with some lighter apple like aromas coming through. This beer had a good aroma, it fairly complex and nicely balanced, neither the orange rind or the barnyard funk were too overpowering.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma and it starts off with a higher amount of medium sweetness followed by some nice citrus fruit flavors, there's some lemon in the background, but it's the orange rinds that stick out the most, but they aren't overpowering. Up next comes a slightly lower amount of medium barnyard funk with some wet hay sticking out the most. Up next comes a nice honey flavor with some Belgian Witbier like spice with cloves sticking out the most. Towards the end I get a nice crisp apple and slight pear flavor. On the finish there's a medium amount of light bitterness with a little bit of tartness to go with some orange rind, light barnyard funk, and apple coming through in the aftertaste. This was a pretty good tasting beer, it was pretty complex and it had a nice balance to it.

M- smooth, crisp, clean, refreshing, medium bodied, with a slightly higher amount of medium carbonation that was a little fizzy. The mouthfeel was good and it worked well with this beer, no complaints.

Overall I thought this was a pretty good beer and a good example of the style, I don't have a ton of experience with this style, I like it, but there aren't too many Biere De Gardes available to me, so i try just about everyone I see and so far this is my favorite, I really liked how complex it was. This beer had great drinkability, it was smooth, clean, not filling, refreshing, and the flavors did a great job at holding my attention, it would be nice to have a bottle of this on a warm summer day and I wouldn't rule out drinking a couple bombers of this, I think it's a nice and refreshing summertime beer. What I liked the most about this beer was how balanced it was, neither the orange rinds or the barnyard funk were to overpowering, I really liked that. What I liked the least about this beer was nothing, there isn't anything that I didn't like or would change. I would buy this beer again, if there's any left when I go to the store next time I'll get a bottle to throw in the cellar and see how it develops overtime, it was a little pricey, but it is 9% and I think it's worth the price, I would recommend it to anyone who likes the style or doesn't mind a little funk with their beer. All in all i was pretty happy with this beer, I still like Escoffier more, but this is still a fine beer that I enjoyed drinking. Brewery Vivant and New Belgium did a good job with this beer and I hope they come together to collaborate on some more beers in the future, nice work guys..

06-03-2013 03:56:36 | More by StoutHunter
StonedTrippin

Colorado

i really liked this new lips of faith release. it poured a glowing orange color, clearish mostly, but with a few yeast floaters. a lacey and light white head rests on top. the nose is decidedly orangey, peel and juice, with some other funny fruit juice in there as well, and a really bright ale yeast. the flavor has a little sweetness from the fruit, but not sugary, maybe some corriander in here too. malt profile is sort of ambery sweet, but much lighter in body than that. finish is relaxed and peppery a little bit. mouthfeel is supercharged carbonation, not unpleasant, but really active. medium body, lots of character. this was a great bomber, and one i wouldnt mind seeing sneek into the regular rotation, its got a great punch without being boozy, its complex without being challenging, and its really different. i enjoyed this one a lot.

11-14-2012 16:51:25 | More by StonedTrippin
eclipse54

22 ounce bottle split into tulips.

Pours a translucent orange/yellow color with roughly an inch of bubbly white head. The head dissipates a bit too quickly, but it does leave a healthy dose of sticky lacing behind. A nice bubbly ring hangs out continually around the surface. A good looking beer here.

The aroma is of orange citrus predominantly, with a bit of lemon zest and coriander hidden behind it. A fair amount of wheat and some delicate grass are noticeable, along with a bit of yeasty funk and white pepper. Reminds me a bit of a tripel or a saison in that regard.

The flavor is more complex. Orange citrus still leads the way, but there is a brine-like flavor and texture similar to a gose that really offsets it (in a great way). The yeast, white pepper, and wheat seem to bring it all together in a coherent backbone, and there is a much more noticeable grass/herb flavor than in the nose. Hints of lemon and coriander again.

The mouthfeel is smooth and almost sweet in the beginning, but it gives way to a more brine-like and tart astringency later. FInishes clean, and there is ample carbonation.

Overall, this is a complex, interesting brew. Refreshing and light-bodied, it's making a great compliment to this sunny afternoon. Definitely a strong member of the Lips of Faith series, in my book.

11-18-2012 19:36:05 | More by eclipse54
russpowell

Oklahoma

Pours an effervescent bronnze with a thumb of pearl colored head. Good lacing & head retention

S: Breadyness, hay, apple skins & raw booze once warm

T: Follows the nose, a touch of white grapes & rose water, along with pineapple up front. More pineapple, some lemons & green apple as this warms, a touch of grassyness & tartness too. Finishes with lemon zest, grassyness & pineapple & just a bit of phenols on the edges

MF: Medium bodied, fairly lively carbonation that smooths out as it warms, some warming notes as this warms, some stickyness

A nice Americanized take on the style, very drinkable, but way too clean to be a straight up reproduction of the style

11-26-2012 04:25:55 | More by russpowell
SHODriver

3.98/5  rDev +9%

A: poured into a duvel tulip to a deep yellow to light orange topped with a small white head with little retention
S: smells kinda barnyardy with some orange
T: a little toasted malt, fruity esters, a bit of yeast flavor and some spice notes, some orange and alcohol. boozy on the swallow with a bit more tropical fruit flavor
M: medium body with soft carbonation, drying on the finish
O: pretty solid beer. it seems to be true to style so it gets good marks. I've had a few beers of this style and I just can't get behind it. Worth a try though

11-23-2012 00:53:24 | More by SHODriver
zeff80

Missouri

3.98/5  rDev +9%

A - Poured out a clear, pale gold color with a one and a half finger of off-white foam. It left thin trails of lace on the glass.

S - It smelled of orange, grains and floral notes.

T - It tasted of lots of orange flavor with a fruity bite. Nice sweet caramel with a subtle bitter bite of grasses and pine.

M - It was crisp, sharp and smooth. A medium bodied ale with a dry finish and sneaky potency.

O - This is a very tasty Belgian style ale. It really doesn't seem to fit any style but it is tasty.

12-04-2012 01:50:36 | More by zeff80
mastodonj

3.98/5  rDev +9%

Pours a very light amber with ample head, slightly cloudy.
Smell is interesting and complex. I get citrus, wheat, hops, coriander (?), yeast.
Taste is bitter on the tongue, almost buttery in the mouth and that citrus comes into play.
All very low key.
Mouthfeel is as complex as the smell. Really not to be missed.

Overall, it's a beer that doesn't get old. Also it needs to be said that the warming is noticeable, more so than any winter warmer (9% doesn't seem that much higher than most warmers). Dangerously drinkable!

01-02-2013 01:24:47 | More by mastodonj
LambicPentameter

Kansas

3.98/5  rDev +9%

Enjoyed out of a 22 oz brown bomber with no dating that I can see, but if I remember correctly, this was a one-off brew that was produced back in October 2012, so this bottle is about 16 months old.

Appearance - Initially pours a glowing, hazy golden orange that resembles honey. After a bit of time, the haze seems to clear up a bit, revealing a bit more translucence to the beer. Atop the body sits a one finger head the color of bright white that dissipates to a mere ringlet around the edge with a small bit of film across part of the top of the beer. Tiny wisps of silkworm web lacing stick to the sides of the glass in places.

Smell - I'm honestly surprised by how prevalent the aroma of orange is on the nose given the amount of time that's passed. Clementine, orange juice and fresh-peeled flesh along with some hints of nectarine, and a distinct ester astringency as well. There is also a hint of spice and flatbread characteristic from the yeast, I presume. After a little warmth, there is a green apple, vinous component to the smell, much like you might get from a steel-tank chardonnay or a sauvignon blanc.

Taste - The taste of this beer is very much in line with the aroma--no surprises. A lot of the same elements of orange peel and golden delicious apples, as well as a noticeable ester quality. Very crisp and bright on initial pour, but some warmth increases the presence of the malt, with club cracker and graham coming through a bit alongside notes of baking spices In spite of the fruit and spiciness of this beer, the finish is surprisingly dry.

Mouthfeel - Light bodied and moderate carbonation, with a clean finish that doesn't have any lingering bitterness or off flavors. I wouldn't mind if it had a little more heft to it.

Overall, I'm impressed with how this beer has developed. I opened a bottle back in May 2013 and while I didn't take down any notes, I don't remember being terribly impressed with the beer. Of course, I also have had a lot more practice reviewing since then, so it's possible I've become a bit better at picking out more subtle aromas and flavors. Either way, this is an excellent collaboration between New Belgium and Brewery Vivant, and in a style that I've not had the opportunity to try much of; well done.

03-14-2014 02:47:43 | More by LambicPentameter
Monkeyknife

Missouri

3.95/5  rDev +8.2%

Poured from the bottle a clear nectarine-orange color with a single finger of white head. Subtle lacing.

Nice aroma of citrus, banana, white wine, green apple, candy sugar and herbal notes with a hint of earthiness to them.

The citrus, candy sugar and earthy herbal notes from the aroma are present along with white pepper, and white wine. Finishes with a hint of white wine twang and booze.

Medium bodied and a tad sticky with a moderate carbonation.

I'll have this one again. The medley of flavors makes for quite the interesting beer,

11-21-2012 23:10:00 | More by Monkeyknife
scottfrie

3.9/5  rDev +6.8%

22oz bottle into Duvel tulip.

A: Pours a clear bright golden-yellow with a large, billowing, off white head that slowly faded into a fuzzy film leaving sheets of fine lacework down the glass.
S: To me this just reeks of apricots – in a good way of course. I can’t get the smell out of my head, but if I concentrate hard enough, I get notes of peach, golden raisins, clove and spiced apples.
T: Still lots of apricot mixed with clove and cinnamon-like spices, dry grains, yeast and orange peel. The finish is lightly bitter and the aftertaste is full of stone fruits.
M: Full body, heavy mouth, a bit syrupy, fluffy carbonation.
O: Pretty good flavor but a bit syrupy. Could be a little cleaner and dryer. Would drink again.

12-18-2012 03:54:13 | More by scottfrie
homebrew311

3.9/5  rDev +6.8%

Pours a slightly hazy orange with a bone white layer of pillowy head. Quite a bit of lacing left behind. Nose is full of bright orange citrus, candied apricot, notes of white grape, grapeskin, clove among other spicy notes. The taste is extremely fruity with an emphasis on citrus. Light waves of tartness play along with plenty of fruity sweetness. The sorachi ace hops fit in perfectly and provides a slight bitterness. Mouthfeel is highly carbonated with light body. Overall, a nice refreshing brew with plenty of character. Abv is very well hidden.

01-26-2013 04:39:56 | More by homebrew311
rangerred

Tennessee

3.9/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Had on tap.

Appearance is a clear light gold with a one finger white head.

Aroma is quite citrusy with lots of pears and apples. Some light bready malt as well. There is a little bit of Earthyness but it is well restrained.

The taste is very fruity again with pear and apple being dominant. There is a very juicy quality this beer that is delicious. Some earth and wood along with a light bitterness leading to a slightly sweet finish. Mouthfeel is a bit of the heavy side, though, limiting drinkabililty.

Overall, a pretty good beer from New Belgium but far from spectacular. I would order it again, though, if I came across it.

02-11-2013 20:58:46 | More by rangerred