1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Lips Of Faith - Heavenly Feijoa Tripel - New Belgium Brewing

Lips Of Faith - Heavenly Feijoa TripelLips Of Faith - Heavenly Feijoa Tripel

good

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: GilGarp on 02-16-2013)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lips Of Faith - Heavenly Feijoa Tripel Alström Bros
Ratings: 394 | Reviews: 99 | Show All Ratings:
withliterature

4.6/5  rDev +24.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I can't accurately rate for the appearance, because I served this on the back porch in the dark, so I'm guessing.

If I were rating this beer based on its exemplification of the Belgian Tripel style, I don't know if I could give it a 4.5. I didn't get as much yeasty, funky flavor as I expect from something like La Fin Du Monde, for example. I was also hesitant when I saw "brewed with feijoa and hibiscus," because I thought it might prove very sweet or perfumey. But the more sips I took of this beer, the more I loved it.

The mouthfeel is super dry, and the experience of drinking is almost like sipping a brut champagne. Lots of floral scent and flavor, but no overt sweetness. Managed to be fruity and complex, but still very pleasantly dry. The flavor has some of the funkiness I associate with Tripel beers, but little yeast, making for a clear, bright flavor. I couldn't taste alcohol despite the 9% ABV.

I'll definitely be buying this again. One of the best beers I've tried this year.

04-13-2013 14:50:24 | More by withliterature
BeerFMAndy

Wisconsin

4.51/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

22 oz bottle poured into a New Belgium globe.
9% ABV, Best Enjoyed by March 2014

A - Heavenly Feijoa pour crystal clear allowing the deep golden color to shine vibrantly! A classic white head perches on top of the beer, slowly disappearing into the beer's surface but not without leaving plenty of lace behind to adorn the glass!

S - Sweet malt greets the nostrils with an offering of warmed honey-draped wheat biscuits and a plethora of Belgian yeast esters. Spicy notes of white pepper are sprinkled over earthy clay and lemongrass while coriander and sweet white grape mingle with floral attributes in the background. Alcohol is faintly present and dry, gently prodding this triple but it's got a great aroma!

T - The guava-like attributes of the Feijoa in this tripel really shine through in the beer's flavor, marrying the malty sweetness and yeast notes exceptionally well. Sweet tropical fruit and lemongrass citrus pave the way for earthy clay and white pepper spice before a touch of citric tartness quickly balances the sweetness. Alcohol flavors which waft out of the nose are hidden by the ripe taste of this beer nicely.

M - Heavenly Feijoa is very smooth at it's core but a lofty level of carbonation dances on the tongue, livening the smooth maltiness up a bit. Feijoa adds both sweetness to the beer but a great level of citric tartness which really pulls the sweetness back for a balanced and unique experience. Alcohol and floral notes dry out the finish, once again balancing the overall sweetness of the beer.

O - Exceeding my expectations, Heavenly Feijoa is an excellent collaboration between New Belgium and Dieu du Ciel that uses unique ingredients that engage this classic Belgian style with grace and balance. Sweetness is apparent and dealt with by tartness while yeast complexity and dry floral notes finish out for a wonderful twist on a tripel.

03-15-2013 00:30:55 | More by BeerFMAndy
SportsandJorts

4.46/5  rDev +20.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Appearance: orange hues. good clarity. small off white head

Smell: floral. fruity. candied sugar. spices. comes off slightly tart.

Taste: starts off slightly floral, but quickly gives way to tart and slightly bitter fruits. this taste hangs around for a bit but a nice tripel base becomes apart in the end. some yeast, some spices. a touch of alcohol on occasion

Mouthfeel: the tartness of the fruit and the dryness of the tripel come together nicely. nice heavier feel. some warmth

Overall: the base tripel is well done and is apparent but the hibiscus and bitter/tart fruit are the main stage here. really nice complexity. new belgium has a way with tripels. very interesting and well done beer.

07-08-2013 15:23:26 | More by SportsandJorts
bennett_loves_good_beer

Wyoming

4.41/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Appearance: Pours a dark gold with one finger off wispy off white head. Barely any lacing present.

Smell: Strong pineapple, phenolic, spices.

Taste: Pineapple, tart fruit, belgian sour funk, slightly herbal.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied, high ABV is hidden very well, slightly prickles the tongue and works with the flavors nicely.

Overall, this is a terrific beer. Love the sour funk that goes along with the fruit. A tasty and creative tripel.

10-15-2013 00:11:10 | More by bennett_loves_good_beer
MattyG85

4.28/5  rDev +15.7%

Poured from a 22 oz. bottle into a New Belgium Globe glass. Bottle says best enjoyed by March of 2014.

Appearance: Pours a copper golden orange color with a moderate amount of bubbles. About one finger of white head that fades into a thin patchy layer. Leaves a decent amount of lacing around the glass.

Smell: A yeasty, sweet, and very citrus juicy smelling Belgian style aroma. Belgian yeast with hints of funk, peppers, and a slight clove hint. Huge aroma of fruits. Hints of apples, pear, grapes, and banana. Big hints of citrus mango, pineapple, and guava along with some orange, lemon zest, kiwi, and passion fruit. Pale malt hints of biscuit and crackers. Hints of floral and grassy hops. A unique and good Belgian style aroma.

Taste: Like the smell gives off, a unique fruity and zesty Belgian tinged taste. Almost tastes more like a champagne than a beer. Spicy Belgian yeast with notes of peppers, funk, and a little clove. Big juicy fruit taste with a prominent taste of white grape juice, apples, pear, and a slight banana taste. Big citrus taste with notes of pineapple, mango, guava, lemons, passion fruit, orange, and kiwi. Soft pale malt notes of bready biscuit, grains, and cracker. Very floral with some earthy and grassy hop notes in the background. A really interesting and good taste.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied with a pretty lively carbonation. Juicy, spicy, and fairly prickling with the carbonation. Pretty smooth with minimal alcohol heat.

Overall: A pretty wild and creative take on the Belgian Tripel style. Really good citrus and sparkling fruit notes.

05-10-2013 06:30:30 | More by MattyG85
Kegatron

4.26/5  rDev +15.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

22oz bottle. Clear copper with a rich bright-white head. Robust lacing that sticks in heavy swathes down the sides of the glass. The hibiscus gives the aroma a fresh flowery feel, backed by notes of spice, sugars, dough and a juicy smelling fruity tartness. The taste is very similar, with tart juiciness and a backing of sugars and bready sweetness. Some extra bitter fruitiness and spicy esters give the profile an edge down the middle of it. Finish is dry and flowery. The mouthfeel is medium bodied with a soft crispness that fills the mouth. That 9% ABV is just beautifully hid here and I would never have guessed that it was this high beyond just a smidge of light alcohol sweetness that is present. This is extremely smooth. I didn’t know how this marriage of flavors was going to work for me but I ultimately ended up really enjoying this. The feijoa in particular really added a nice juicy sweetness that went well with the characteristics of a Tripel. I would gladly have this again.

04-15-2013 16:48:20 | More by Kegatron
lenbert

Indiana

4.25/5  rDev +14.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This represents another round of firsts for me (my first Tripel and my first "Lips of Faith" series).

Appearance: Poured into a tulip glass. Had a generous head that left behind a lot of lacing. Color is a dark amber.

Aroma: The aroma gives off a tangy citrus smell, though not as pronounced as I thought it would at first. This aroma seemed to grow stronger as it warmed.

Taste: Tart and tangy is the word with this one! Strong hints of pineapple and citrus up front with a yeasty funkiness in the aftertaste, which really lingers as aftertaste. Medium body and generous carbonation. For me, the alcohol is well hidden.

The taste profile of this beer is similar to me like an intense Berliner Weisse, with pineapple thrown into the mix. I really enjoy that style and the additional citrus undertones makes this one a winner for me.

11-04-2013 02:03:44 | More by lenbert
champ103

4.24/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

On tap at D&T Drive Inn, in Houston.

A: Pours a beautifully hazed golden/orange/copper color. A two finger white head forms with excellent retention. Good lace is left down the glass. This is a looker.
S: Yeast up front. Phenolic, earthy, peppery, and spicy. Followed by a light fruity aroma. Light passion fruits which are nice. Though the yeast is the show.
T: Light yeast, but not nearly as phenolic or earthy as the nose. Actually the fruits really shine here. A wonderful tart peach and cranberry flavor.
M/D: A medium body. Very effervescent, crisp, clean, and so refreshing. The alcohol is nowhere to be seen. A great sipper, and one with enough tart and refreshing qualities to make this a nice summer offering as well.

I don't get the relatively low scores here. I think this is great, and will be picking up more bottles when I get a chance. Something I highly recommended.

05-31-2013 01:19:08 | More by champ103
Stinkypuss

4.23/5  rDev +14.3%

Pours a light copper color with a white head and plenty of lacing. Aroma of herbs and grain, soft fruit and a slight must.
In the taste, mild tartness, fruit snack like fruitiness close to grape and tangerine. Big malt, perhaps wheat, and a lingering sour. Quite nice with just a bit of herbal tea and little alcohol heat.
Light spritzy champagne like body.
Overall, inspired beer, more wild than triple.
Give me the Feijoa!

12-10-2013 00:35:38 | More by Stinkypuss
DovaliHops

4.19/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pours a clear, light amber color with a small white head that disappears quickly. I love DDC, so I'm expecting a GREAT beer here. Scent is very familiar to some of the hibiscus beers that DDC brews. Hibiscus with peppercorn, white grapes, flowers, tart fruit aromas (I know this beer is brewed with some fruit that I've never heard of, but I'm assuming that's where this is coming from). There is a strange aroma of red meat as well...weird, but not bad. Taste is initially, surprisingly tart. Not puckering tart, but a unique tartness that lingers in the tongue and roof of your mouth while changing flavors. Very interesting taste here...a lot going on. Hibiscus and peppery spices are coming through with some floral flavors. There is a lingering tartness in the flavor that I am very fond of. Must be from this strange fruit that I have never heard of, because it doesn't seem like the tartness that comes from wild yeast or spoilage bacteria. Finishes with white grapes and green apple flavors. High ABV is not detected at all. Mouthfeel is medium bodied, and somewhat wine-like. Not heavy on the carbonation, but suits this one well. Drinkability is pretty high. Overall, I really enjoy this beer. I really like the tart fruit flavors throughout with the yeasty spiciness. Solid brew.

02-23-2013 09:39:04 | More by DovaliHops
ThePorterSorter

Missouri

4.19/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

The beer pours a crystal clear, light golden yellow with a loose white head that fades quickly without lacing. The nose is different, slightly fruity/metallic, similar to ripe bing cherries, and a touch of sweet booze. It tastes more like a fruit beer than a tripel bringing a potent mixture of herbal mixed berries (strawberry, blackberry, cranberry) guava, cantaloupe, and some grainy malt sweetness. Its mouthfeel is different than a regular tripel -- fruity, slightly tart, vinous dryness, yeasty, and a peppery bite --but it really hasn't held onto any of the characteristically sweet booziness that I'd expect. This beer had me at...weird fruit you've never heard of, hibiscus & a belgian beer base...and frankly it's a win. If you want a tripel with distinct fruit that overpowers the tripel base beer and has a slightly vinous, dry finish, go for it.

03-25-2013 02:13:44 | More by ThePorterSorter
StoutHunter

4.16/5  rDev +12.4%

I picked up a bottle of New Belgium's Heavenly Feijoa Tripel from the Lips Of Faith series a couple weeks ago for $8.59 at The Lager Mill. I've always wanted to try a beer from Dieu du Ciel but have never seen them around so I'm I happy I get to try this collab beer and I have never even heard of a Feijoa fruit so I'm interested to see how it works with this Tripel, so lets see how it goes. Late Winter 2013 Vintage. Poured from a brown 22oz bottle into an Belgian Tulip.

A- The label looks really good, it's very well done and it's one of the best looking bottles from the Lips Of Faith series. It poured a really clear golden color that took on a brighter amber hue when held to the light with three fingers worth of fluffy white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and left a good amount of lacing behind. This was a good looking Tripel, it was clearer than most, but I thought it still looked good.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of sweetness followed by a nice fruit aroma that I can't put my finger on but it must be from Feijos, it reminds me slightly of a guava with some apple skin overtones. Up next comes a nice flowery aroma that must be from the Hibiscus and it's followed by some Belgian yeast that is pretty spicy and is not full of bananas and bubble gum like most Tripels. On the finish there's a slight tart aroma that I like and I fell like it helps round out the aroma. This beer had a good aroma, I liked that it was very unique, but it would be a little better if it had more of those signature Tripel aromas.

T- The taste seems to be fairly similar to the aroma and it starts off with a higher amount of medium sweetness that is just at the right level and is followed by some nice fruity flavors with more of the slight guava fruity aspect that must be from the Feijoa and there's also a nice red apple flavor that reminds me a little of a dry hard cider and there was a nice apple skin flavor sticking out. Up next comes the yeast that imparts a slight spicy Belgian yeast flavor with maybe a slight bit of banana, but it's barely recognizable. On the finish there's no bitterness at all just a higher amount of medium tartness that was unexpected but enjoyable and it was right on the border of being sour. I really liked the taste of this beer, it wasn't the most Tripel like, but I thought it was very enjoyable.

M- Pretty smooth, slightly sticky, refreshing, medium bodied with a slight higher amount of carbonation that was a little prickly. The mouthfeel was good and it worked well with this beer, I liked it.

Overall I really enjoyed this beer and I thought it wasn't a true example of a Tripel and it might be better off labeled as just a Belgian Ale, but I don't think that mattered too much because inside the bottle there was still a tasty beer that I enjoyed but I wasn't expecting it. This beer had good drinkability, it was smooth, not filling, refreshing, and the flavors did a great job at holding my attention, I would love to drink a whole bottle of this and I think it would be perfect to enjoy on a warm summer day, I think it would be nice and refreshing summer beer. What I liked the most about this beer was the flavor, the fruit aspect was nice and the tartness helped bring everything together and it was just at the right level. What I liked the least about this beer was that it was labeled a Tripel, label it a Belgian Ale and I think there will be a lot less confusion and critique, that wasn't a huge deal though and other than that there was nothing at all wrong with this beer. I would buy this beer again, it wasn't over priced and it was pretty tasty, but I think my store is all sold out, but if they decide to bring this beer back I will for sure buy a few bottles, I think there's a chance this might age well also. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind some tartness in their beer, I think it's a very interesting and unique beer. All In all I was pretty happy with this beer, it wasn't really what I was expected it, but once I tasted it and got those nice fruity flavors with a nicely tart finish I knew I enjoyed this beer regardless of what the Brewery labels it as. I really like that New Belgium is so open to doing Collaborations and this one turned out nicely and now I want to try some beers from Dieu Du Ciel even more, good job guys this beer caught my off guard and I thought it was pretty impressive, hope you guys get together for another collaboration beer some day, thanks for the good brew.

05-05-2013 03:52:23 | More by StoutHunter
andrenaline

Ontario (Canada)

4.01/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

A random from a recent trip to Wisconsin.

A - Pours a nice hazy copper colour, thumb of light fluffy head with decent retention and some nice sheeting lacing.

S - Sweet on the nose with hints of mandarin and mango, burnt sugar notes and hints of cloves and banana.

T - Not your typical tripel as it comes across surprisingly sweet with pineapple and mangos, yet finishes with tart citrus and Belgian funk. Surprisingly bitter with sour citrus rind lingering on the palette alongside some bubble gum and cloves. ABV is non-existent making it dangerously drinkable.

M - Lighter bodied, smooth and surprisingly dry.

O - A very tasty brew offering up some unique flavours for the style and a unique balance between sweet and sour. Highly recommended brew and something I could easily session. A collaboration brew that represents the quality Canadian brewers can bring to the table. Well done!

11-17-2013 19:39:46 | More by andrenaline
ngeunit1

A - Fairly clear copper-orange with a finger of frothy white head. Fades normal.

S - Sweet grainy and lightly bready malts, lemon zest, Belgian yeast, coriander, pepper, other spices, hibiscus, feijoa, floral smells.

T - Sweet grainy, caramel, and lightly bready malts, lemon zest, hibiscus, other floral notes, feijoa, Belgian yeast, coriander, other spices.

M - Medium bodied, moderate carbonation. Smooth with a estery and herbal finish.

D - Nice floral saison. Good overall balance and the feijoa is a nice touch.

02-26-2013 05:28:40 | More by ngeunit1
Jason

3.99/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

22oz brown bomber with no freshness date.

Beautiful looking brew, clear brassy color with a head that lasts. Lots of aromatics; tart tropical fruit, slight funky cheese, phenolic, hibiscus, intensely herbal, alcohol. Some funk on the palate, the pineapple guava make an impact as does the hibiscus. Bready malt backbone hold the beer together quite well. Some warmth, earthy, dry finish.

Once you get past the show there is that base Tripel, extreme beer for sure. Took a few sips in to really get into this brew and now I am hooked.

02-26-2013 03:36:23 | More by Jason
hopoilcrazy

Tennessee

3.99/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Wow, I can't believe that I've just been staring at this beer in the store for months.

A - Really nice copper hue. Starts with a big foamy belgian-like head that shrinks down to a nice looking thin ring that leaves a fair amount of stickage.

S - Really big mineral aroma that encompasses everything else, but there are some notes of unripe pineapple, sweet bread, belgian yeast, and a big boozy waft.

T - This is really where its at. I know that this beer can't be for everyone, but I love how the feijoa almost gives this beer a lambic like funk and sourness. The start of the flavor is a good blend of big pineapple, yeast, bread, and the sourness starts to hit and develops in a way that I really love almost like a mix of citric tang and cranberry pucker. The finish is boozy, citrusy, and slightly hoppy. Some of the hops used are Nelson Sauvin, and I never would have guessed it, because they are blended so well as to just add a little spice. Awesome!

M - Really smooth and medium bodied with just the right amount of carbonation to give the beer some life.

It's pretty rare that I come across a beer that hits me out of nowhere. As I said I'm sure its not for everyone, but Jesus Christ this shit is fucking awesome! Like nothing else

05-21-2013 05:33:06 | More by hopoilcrazy
vkv822

Oregon

3.96/5  rDev +7%

22oz : tulip

Clear, dark coppery-orange with a foamy white head with pleasant lacing.

Intriguing, tart, fruity upfront with a Belgian yeast spice/phenolic quality and lightly funky finish.

Taste follows the nose, tart fruit, floral notes followed quickly by phenolic, Belgian yeast notes and again light funk in the finish. Also lightly vinous, grape notes in the finish.

Mild, prickly carbonation in a medium body.

Definitely a unique and complex beer. There is a mix of tart fruits, floral notes, peppery Belgian yeast character and lightly vinous notes.

03-12-2013 07:04:57 | More by vkv822
bluejacket74

3.96/5  rDev +7%

22 ounce bottle, best enjoyed by March 2014. Served in a goblet, the beer pours a slightly hazy golden/peach color with about an inch off-white head that stayed around a while. There's also a lot of lacing. The brew smells like hibiscus, stone fruit/tropical fruit (which I assume is the Feijoa), bready malt, and some peppery spice. It has a fruity taste that's hard to describe, but like the aroma it reminds me of a stone fruit and tropical fruit, along with some citrus making it an unusual mix that I wasn't expecting. It's a bit sweet and tart. I can also taste some bready malt and floral notes (hibiscus). Mouthfeel/body is medium, it's well carbonated and easy to drink. I think it's a good brew overall, I liked it. $8.99 a bomber.

02-07-2014 23:46:16 | More by bluejacket74
morimech

3.93/5  rDev +6.2%

Clear brass color with one finger of head that quickly settled to a thin skim. Moderate amount of sticky lacing is left down the glass.

Floral and fruity aroma. Faint hint of berries and cut grass. Sort of a vinous quality except for the perceived tartness. A little bready malt.

Has a mild tartness that is a bit surprising. Fruit flavors dominate the flavor. I pick out strawberry and grapes. Fruity esters add to the vinous qualities. Malt is semi-dry that adds little but compliments the other flavors. Alcohol is barely noticeable.

The body is a little slick but otherwise solid. Not the most carbonated tripel on the shelf. I would of liked a litte more life.

Interesting beer. Never eaten a feijoa, but after drinking this beer, I think I would enjoy the experience. Wish more of the traditional tripel elements were more prevelant.

03-22-2013 22:15:09 | More by morimech
Pencible

3.93/5  rDev +6.2%

A: This poured a clear dark gold with a little white head.
S: It smelled like floral and grassy hops, with some earthy honey malt and fresh nuts and grains.
T: It tasted like sour cherry and bitter grassy and metallic hops, with some sweet wild honey and earthy grains. It had a clean and sweet and sour aftertaste.
M: It was thick and oily with a little fine natural carbonation. Great slick body.
D: This was an interesting beer. It had a fairly unique scent and taste, with a solid body. The alcohol was pretty well hidden, and the finish was fairly smooth, so it was pretty easy to drink. Not my favorite tripel, but fun to try once.

05-31-2013 15:30:58 | More by Pencible
ESPNman

3.93/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Poured into a Stone IRS Snifter.

A - Pours a hazy yellow-gold with a faint hint of eggshell white head. Moderate lacing, slight retention around the edges of the glass.

S - Tons of sweet malt and fruit esters. Juicy, a bit of tart lactic notes, and plenty of spice. As far as a tripel goes, this one hits the right notes on the nose. A bit of pepper and alcohol round out the smell.

T - I must admit a bit of bias here... coming from Santa Barbara, I love the feijoa. It's a delicious and distinctive fruit, but I understand how it's flavor might not be for everyone. With that said, this beer does a fantastic job of bringing the almost kiwi-like (for those who haven't had it before) tartness to a triple. This beer beer is a classic triple... fruity, spicy, a little boozy, but with that tart, mouth-puckering kick of feijoa. It might not be for everyone, but I love the flavor of this beer. For the style, it's good. For me, it's excellent.

M - Medium mouthfeel, with plenty of sugary goodness. No alcohol on the finish (despite what the nose would lead you to expect), a tart bitterness there as well. Moderately drying, well carbonated.

O - This beer, as far as experiments go, was a success in my book. Not an every day kind of brew... but perhaps worth a re-visit someday by the good folks and New Belgium. Good for most people's tastes, and great for others. My particular attachment to the fruit has me leaning towards "great" for this one.

07-01-2013 05:59:17 | More by ESPNman
spinrsx

Ontario (Canada)

3.91/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Bomber from the Whole Foods in Las Vegas NV for $8

Appearance - Slightly hazy golden amber colour with a large size frothy white coloured head. There is an average amount of carbonation showing and there is some decent lacing. The head lasted for around 5 minutes.

Smell - Breads/grains, clove/coriander, floral

Taste & Mouth - There is an above average amount of carbonation and I can taste breads/grains mixed with some lemon and some clove/coriander. There is also some pepper and a floral flavour. It ends with a herbal aftertaste.

Overall - I really enjoyed this one and it was going down fast. It was nice and refreshing and well balanced. A tad on the pricey side but I would like to see this in 6 packs.

06-28-2013 17:32:53 | More by spinrsx
REDAMI

3.91/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from 750ml bottle into Chimay goblet.

A - Medium pumpkin/amber gold with a lacey white head.

S - Buttery, floral, sweet toasted bread.

T - Juicy orange, not peel, citrusy hops, herbal/floral finish.

M - Crisp, tart, refreshing.

A unique beer to be sure. The juicy citrus aspect was surprising but not unwelcome. There are notes of a Flanders red in there as well.

01-02-2014 21:31:18 | More by REDAMI
Mebuzzard

Colorado

3.9/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Saw this sitting on the shelf at Highland Liquors in Denver. Thought I'd try it. Never had feijoas in beer before....I think.

Well, to style this pours a bit dark. It is light caramel and clear. Looks more like a IPA of sorts. Big white head, slightly pink. Settles to a collar and slight film. Great lacing.

Aroma is spicy, but the main nose pincher is the floral. Maybe more like honeysuckle with tropical fruit. A good twang on it.

Several tastes come in and go out through this beer. Belgian spice starts it out. Some coriander and white pepper. Then the guava comes with some other tropicals. At the end hibiscus says howdy doody with a bit of floral and film. Ends slightly sweet, but not dry...yet not thick.

Darn good for a summer porch just-a-sitting-here-and-a-drinkin

06-07-2013 02:31:30 | More by Mebuzzard
Rutager

British Columbia (Canada)

3.89/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Appearance. Pours a clear amber-gold with a finger of white head.

Smell. Spicy belgian yeast, a bit of clove and pepper, some light tropical fruits and a faint bit of what I'd have to describe as sweet bell peppers .

Taste. Nice lightly tart orchard and tropical fruits, a little bit of spicy belgian yeast, and a slight herby, peppery quality. Different and not bad at all.

Mouthfeel. Below medium body, medium-low carbonation. Slightly watery feeling.

Overall. Refreshing and easy drinking. Some nice flavours going on for sure, but the other qualities of the beer didn't quite measure up ...which is a little unusual I guess.

04-06-2013 02:04:05 | More by Rutager