1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Rolle Bolle - New Belgium Brewing

Rolle BolleRolle Bolle

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: znichols on 04-03-2013)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Rolle Bolle Alström Bros

drabmuh, Jun 11, 2013

InfragilisBrew, Jun 10, 2013

Hairrrrrrrr, Jun 10, 2013

WDJersey, Jun 10, 2013
4.2/5  rDev +24.3%

Appearance: Straw yellow with a small white head that recedes too quickly. Starts off with great carbonation but it's gone in 60 seconds.

Smell: Fruity. Peaches and pairs, with a very faint sourness that really doesn't seem to be a factor at all.

Taste: Medley of fruit. There's a melon flavor I can't put my tongue on. Tangerine maybe. Possibly passion fruit. In the background is still this very faint sourness that doesn't bother me at all.

This is a flavorful yet refreshing beer. The fruit flavor is spectacular and unique. This type of fruity beer should be tried be everyone, even the non-geeks.

donmonkey1, Jun 09, 2013

gritz147, Jun 08, 2013
2.75/5  rDev -18.6%

ZinFanDave, Jun 08, 2013
1.94/5  rDev -42.6%

Pours a place clear yellow with a one finger white head with decent retention and lacing. The aroma has lemon, grains, and biscuit malt. Not very appealing.

Tastes somewhat bitter and herbal. There is yeast, lemon, grassy hops, and biscuit malt. Very bland and unappealing. I am glad I only have one of these.

Light bodied with plenty of carbonation. In my opinion this is a poor effort at making a beer. I would not buy this again, and I wouldn't accept a free one either. This is listed as a Belgian Pale Ale, but doesn't taste like one at all.

hardy008, Jun 08, 2013

csurowiec, Jun 08, 2013
3.41/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I picked up a bottle of New Belgium's Rolle Bolle a couple days ago for $1.59 at The Lager Mill. I'm always down to try a new beer from New Belgium, so I thought I would take a chance on this one, so lets see how it goes. Best before October 6th 2013. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a tulip.

A- The label looks nice, it's got a depiction of the game, which I'm pretty sure I saw on Tv once or twice, I think it's looks nice. It poured a fairly clear yellow color that took on a nice golden hue when held to the light with two and a half fingers worth of fluffy white head that died down to a thick ring that stayed till the end and left some nice rings of lacing behind. This is a good looking beer, the color was pretty light and it was fairly clear, but the head and lacing were really good.

S- The aroma starts off with a nice amount of medium sweetness followed by some nice fruit aromas, at first I get a slight bit of lemon then some apricot preserve and a good amount of pear like aromas. Up next comes some straw like aromas with some grainy and slightly biscuit like malts and there's a lighter amount of Belgian yeast aromas coming through. This beer had a nice aroma, the fruit aromas worked very well with the Belgian Pale Ale base, I liked it.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma and it starts off with a medium amount of sweetness followed by a grassy straw flavor with some grainy and biscuit malts coming through. Up next comes the fruits which are mainly pears with an odd fruit in the background that I can't put my finger on, On the finish there's a medium amount of bitterness that had an odd medicinal like taste to it and was followed by a slight bit of tartness with some tart pear and stale grain like flavors in the aftertaste. The taste was just ok, it was going in a good direction, but the medicinal like bitterness threw me off a little.

M- Fairly smooth, crisp, fairly clean, lighter bodied, with a slight higher amount of medium carbonation that was a little fizzy. The mouthfeel was ok but I felt like it was a little too much on the light side.

Overall I thought this was just ok and it's a fairly average example of the style, I thought the fruit flavors worked well with this beer but the medicinal bitterness felt out of place and it really held this beer back from being as good as it could have been. This beer had ok drinkability, it was fairly smooth and not filling, but the flavors didn't keep me coming back for more with that weird bitterness so one is enough for me, this isn't a beer that I would session. What I liked the most about this beer was the appearance and the aroma, they were both good and were the highlights of this beer. What I liked the least about this beer was the taste, the weird medicinal bitterness felt out of place and didn't work well wit the other flavors of this beer. I wouldn't buy this beer again, I'm glad I only got a single instead of buying a 12 pack, I wouldn't really recommend this beer. All in all i was a bit let down with this beer, I thought it was going to be pretty good when I smelled it, but i wasn't prepared for the weird bitterness and I think that was the downfall of this beer, better luck next time guys.

StoutHunter, Jun 08, 2013
2.75/5  rDev -18.6%

CoryR, Jun 07, 2013

deadliest, Jun 07, 2013
3.41/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Had a seethrough pale gold body with great head on top of a spicy, earthy hop aroma that was light and mixed with some citric and clove/pepper and sweetness. There are notes of a lot of stuff there but muddled. Light beer, not watery but nondescript, sort of like a lawnmower beer and having this on a warm summer day was enjoyable, I must admit that. Goes down easy, touch of sweetness balanced with some citric and other light fruit flavors and there is a very low bready chewiness. Not a bad beer and worth trying but nothing to write home about.

clayrock81, Jun 07, 2013
3.21/5  rDev -5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

BBD of Aug 18 2013, part of mixed sixer

Pours an effervescent gold & a pinky of pearl colored head. Nice head retention & lacing

S: Pears, jammy notes, grassy & golden delicious apples

T: Follows the nose, plus grassyness, plus a touch of wet cornflakes & faint hints of lime up front. Over-ripe pears, a touch of coriander & white grape juice as this warms, plus a bit of green banana & pineapple. Finishes sweet, dry, grassy & faint grainyness, along with pears & slight kiss of ginger

MF: Light bodied, fairly vigirous carbonation, skews fruitty

Drinks easy, but too sweet & fruitty for my tastes

russpowell, Jun 07, 2013