Accumulation - New Belgium Brewing

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

Belgian IPA |  6.20% ABV

Availability: Fall

This winter, IBUs start accumulating like snow in Colorado with our new Accumulation White IPA. Brewing a white IPA was not only a way to salute the white beauty falling from the sky, but a direct revolt to the longstanding tradition of brewing dark beers for winter. At least that’s what our rebellious brewer Grady Hull likes to claim as he shovels in plenty of new hop varietals and a bit of wheat for a smooth mouthfeel. Stack up a few cases of Accumulation White IPA to keep your long nights glowing blizzard white.

(Beer added by: ChrisCBeets on 09-23-2013)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Accumulation Alström Bros
3.82/5  rDev +3.5%

4.08/5  rDev +10.6%

3.25/5  rDev -11.9%

4.28/5  rDev +16%

4.8/5  rDev +30.1%

2.75/5  rDev -25.5%

A bit too fruity tasting for my liking. Grapefruity, bitter finish. Rather have a Bud than this.

4.2/5  rDev +13.8%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a Shaker pint glass, "enjoy by" date 3-8-15.

APPEARANCE: pours a beautiful, slightly hazy, light golden color with one-finger white head that dissipated slowly until a thin layer of bubbles remained, significant lacing. If this beer was a chick she would be a "super model". Nuf' said?

SMELL: this beer has a pleasantly assertive pepper and pine resin smell, there are some citrus and floral notes as well.

TASTE: the taste follows the nose, initially sweet and floral then a nice pepper and piney hop blast that lingered in a most pleasant way.

PALATE: medium carbonation and body for the style.

OVERALL: this is my favorite winter seasonal beer so far, I like it better than SN Celebration. This is high praise because I really enjoyed that one as well. This beer will become a yearly tradition for me going forward. New Belgium is an excellent brewer and I'll be trying more from them in the future.

4.44/5  rDev +20.3%

3.65/5  rDev -1.1%

4.25/5  rDev +15.2%

3.39/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

A - This beer poured a very light yellow; I wouldn't say it was cloudy, but more hazy, it retained a very thin head

S - Good mixed scents with a hint of citrus

T - This beer was very typical to me for IPAs with a strong bitter aftertaste

F - Very thin in the mouth with a mild but smooth carbonation

O - Decent

Disclaimer: I'm generally not an IPA fan; I don't order them when out, but my curiosity keeps me tasting, so I try to temper my feelings when evaluating

Accumulation from New Belgium Brewing