Accumulation - New Belgium Brewing

Colorado, United States

Belgian IPA |  6.20% ABV

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: ChrisCBeets on 09-23-2013

This winter, IBUs start accumulating like snow in Colorado with our new Accumulation White IPA. Brewing a white IPA was not only a way to salute the white beauty falling from the sky, but a direct revolt to the longstanding tradition of brewing dark beers for winter. At least that’s what our rebellious brewer Grady Hull likes to claim as he shovels in plenty of new hop varietals and a bit of wheat for a smooth mouthfeel. Stack up a few cases of Accumulation White IPA to keep your long nights glowing blizzard white.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Accumulation Alström Bros

4.5/5  rDev +22%

4.25/5  rDev +15.2%

4.36/5  rDev +18.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A - Clear, pale yellow color. I think this is the lightest beer I've ever seen. Poured a creamy 1/2 finger head. Nice sticky lacing.

S- Very nice. Really strong aromas. Tropical fruits, orange, sweet grapefruit, earthy spice, lemon, and some dank. The malt is in there too.

T/M - I had to ponder throughout... not that it was that complex, but it was definitely a mix I hadn't experienced before. To me, the mouthfeel was more intimately tied to flavors than you usually experience. It has this light/smooth thing going on... almost like the tropical fruits, citrus, pine, spice, caramel, and bready malts are flowing just underneath a thin, resinous, oily cream... I'm guessing that is the influence of the wheat.

O- I was not expecting to like this as much as I did. The 83 rating led me to believe this was going to be something else, entirely. I loved how the mouthfeel, flavors, and aromas played together in this beer! If it comes back around next winter, I promise I will have again.

Accumulation from New Belgium Brewing