Accumulation - New Belgium Brewing

good

good

New Belgium Brewing visit their website
Colorado, United States

(Beer added by: ChrisCBeets on 09-23-2013)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Accumulation Alström Bros

JamLand, Oct 11, 2013
3.44/5  rDev -6.3%

12oz bottle poured into my Duvel snifter

A - A very pale amber, almost a clear, translucent apple juice type color. Has a good sized head that leaves good amount of lacing around the edge of my glass.

S - Very pleasant smell. Balanced "hoppy" pine smell with a some orange and lime undertones. Has a bit of herbal smell. Kind of like a spicy mint, I'm assuming that's related to the mosaic hops used.

T - Not bad, not great. A little less hops taste than expected. Very smooth but a bit of a unpleasant aftertaste. Definitively a minty taste in here. Also incorporates some lime flavor.

M - For a "winter" beer feels incredibly light and airy in the mouth. If that's a good thing, I'm not really sure.

O - Ehhh, not the best offering from New Belgium by any stretch of the imagination. I much prefer the Imperial IPA or even Ranger. Pretty forgettable beer. Not bad but there are a wealth of better options out there.

Knox_Worrell, Oct 11, 2013
3.84/5  rDev +4.6%

Why does New Belgium toy with my winter seasonal emotions? Was a big fan of 2 Below before they changed it to Snow Day...now it's Accumulation....c'mon maaaan!

12 oz bottle pours a barely-hazed pale straw color with an ample cap of stark white head. Nice retention and lace.

Nose is an earthy hop, lemon and light nuttiness from the yeast I find often in NB beers. Interesting blend of aromas and it works for the most part.

Taste is lemon zest, hazelnuts, grainy malt and an underlying grassy hop. It is more simplistic than both Snow Day and 2 Below, and I fear I dont like it as much as either. The hop profile is pretty good, but it lacks depth...not surprising with the pale malts used. Its not a bad beer by any means...in fact, tasty enough for me to buy another sixer at least. But I miss my 2 Below something fierce.

twiggamortis420, Oct 11, 2013

jheezee, Oct 09, 2013

Kopfschuss, Oct 08, 2013

dhbiker0889, Oct 07, 2013
3.7/5  rDev +0.8%

I can't say that I've had a white IPA before.

Pale gold in color with a very white head.

Bright hoppy aroma of citrus.

The taste is all about the hops, with an herbal, earthy flavor mixing with a citrus pith taste. Not much malt action going on. Dry. I'd call this a West Coast white IPA, heh.

Fine body.

Overall, a pretty good beer. For those fond of dry IPAs.

Shaw, Oct 07, 2013

Metal4Breakfast, Oct 06, 2013

Bloodbuzz99, Oct 06, 2013

Braz, Oct 06, 2013
3.74/5  rDev +1.9%

Another brewery whose offerings I'm trying the second one from - this one is Accumulation. Not as good a their Fat Tire, but pretty decent nonetheless.

I'm not into the cloudy looking beers, so as far as appearance I wasn't too impressed, even though it had a good head with lacing all the way down. The smell was awesome - citrusy, strong, and crisp. This IPA wasn't as carbonated as the last one I had, but it's tasted wasn't as good either. Overall, it was pretty decent - not necessarily the first IPA I would reach for, but decent to partake.

jjamadorphd, Oct 06, 2013
3.89/5  rDev +6%

12ozbottle BB 020214

A- pours a slight hazed yellow color with a brilliant 1 finger head that recedes to reveal lacing and a fresh collar
S- lemon citrus and tropical smells along with wet wheat
T- mellow tropical hops with a nice citrus zing lemon grass and slight spice a wheat and somewhat bitter finish
M-crisp with good carbonation a bit of bitterness
O=as others have said this is a hopped Witbier tropical and fruity if you look at it as such its a good brew

gatornation, Oct 05, 2013

OregonGrown7, Oct 05, 2013

aubuc1, Oct 05, 2013

Falcone, Oct 04, 2013

sparx1100, Oct 04, 2013
3.7/5  rDev +0.8%

This is a very light IPA. I agree with others that it seems more like a wheat beer, but it has the citrusy qualities of a good IPA. It's very refreshing. I'm not sure why it's a winter seasonal; it seems like a great summer beer to me (thankfully I'm in Florida where summer extends on into October). I think it's a pretty great find!

Preston, Sep 25, 2013