Blue Hills Hefe-Weissen - Blue Hills Brewery

Blue Hills Brewery visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Hefeweizen |  ABV ?

Beer added by: BeTheBall on 09-07-2009

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 3 | Reviews: 3
Reviews by selecter70:
2.98/5  rDev n/a

Despite my desire to really like this new local offering, I wonder if they'd be better on draught, especially since the blue bottles seem to offer a consistently flat pour. Beautiful bottles, but either lackluster sealing or off-brewing. I hope the former. This pour was a hazy, yellow promise that soon sat flat with a tiny head & little to no lace thereafter. The aroma seemed to jump around from a sour yeast (promising) to sweet banana & orange. The flavor was sweet, & did the same dance without success. Slick & kinda oily, with low carbonation, I would like to find it on draught & re-assess. My mom loved the bottles though.

2.55/5  rDev n/a

Poured from a blue bottle with one those "flip-top" stoppers. Pours a hazy golden color, with very little head and also very little lacing. Smell was of slightly sour bananas. Taste was similar, hints of clove and banana, but mild with a slightly sour overtone that was not hitting the spot for me. Mouthfeel was liquidy, lacking in carbonation I'm used to with this style. Drinkablity, due to a taste that was off for me is OK, only because of it's overall mild flavor. I probably won't buy this one again.

4.15/5  rDev n/a

Appearance was a hazy straw color, and had good head and lacing at the beginning. Aroma had a slight banana scent, but not overwhelming. Carbonation was good on tap and mouthfeel was light and refreshing. Everything I would want in a good hefe, and one of the best I have had in a while.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Blue Hills Hefe-Weissen from Blue Hills Brewery
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.