Belly Flop - Lucky Bucket Brewing Co.

Belly Flop

American Blonde Ale |  4.50% ABV

Beer added by: Bear1964 on 05-25-2014

Reviews by Bear1964:
2.99/5  rDev -10.5%

Poured into a standard Pint glass, head was Snow White but went away fast. Has a great color to it, a hazy peach look...cloudy. Got a citrus Summer Ale Aroma and not much else...no Strawberry for sure and that's right on the label, I might be a bit spoiled due to having Samuel Smiths Strawberry offering..taste is of citrus and some tart/sour Strawberry near the end...during the finish and that's not enough for me. Mouthfeel is average with fizzy and light going with a Summer beer, as far as a Strawberry Blonde Ale I think is misses the mark...I've enjoyed everything else I've had from this brand so I don't get the miss..their FLIP FLOP is a Strawberry Ale I believe..and it is very good so why do this?

3.25/5  rDev -2.7%

3.25/5  rDev -2.7%

2.75/5  rDev -17.7%

3.93/5  rDev +17.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

A : Pours a colossal head, making up most of the glass. I even poured it in another pint glass, same result. Wild fermentation going on in this example. Blonde colored body with bubbles lining the glass. 60% transparent with some honey colored haze.

S : Wild strawberries, some malty aromas. Mostly fruit and higher quality grain. Not much hop detected in the smell.

T : Lightly toasted grains, strawberries, juicy orange, and a snap of bright yet unoffensive hop towards the end. This beer is balanced and refreshing.

M : Insanely charged with carbonation, so exciting, so quaffable. Light bodied but not without substance. Ends semi-dry.

O : This beer is going to be a staple in my "summer" beer choices. Refreshing, delicious, and sweet without being over the top. Another hit from LB.

3.5/5  rDev +4.8%

1.89/5  rDev -43.4%

Color is a beautiful cloudy gold, little sediments floating around. Smell is awful. Slightly skunky (but not in a good way like coffee is), plus the taste of a somewhat rotten, watery, sour, possibly-having-mold-which-hasn't-grown-big-enough-to-see-strawberry, plus the smell of the glue and the stale air from inside the necks of 1980's My Little Ponies. Don't ask me how I know that one. The taste is pretty much the same. Not bitter though, and pretty smooth. I like the carbonation level. It's possible I found an off bottle. But I don't think I'll try it again without someone(s) to share it with.

3.5/5  rDev +4.8%

3.28/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Sampled this last night on 7/7/15 but had this a couple of times before including in a small 4 ounce sampler glass on tap at Old Chicago. Comes in a 12 ounce bottle and is brewed down the road 20 mins away La Vista, Nebraska by the Lucky Bucket Brewing Company. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a "LUCKY BUCKET" handled-glass thumb-print stein that I bought at the local Salvation Army store 2 weeks ago for the bargain price of 39c in 'like new' condition.

Brew pours a hazy golden-yellow in color with a good 2-finger foamy white head. Lots of sediment is seen in the bottom of the bottle after the pour. Some sheets of lacing is seen when sipped. Aroma is like a summer ale with some grains with a hint of strawberries. Pretty much is said for the taste with a light hint of strawberries in the mix. Does have a slightly dry and bitter finish. Needs much more strawberries in my opinion. Overall, it was OK but nothing really special. Not a big fan of American Blonde Ales for the most part. Lighter to maybe medium-bodied with good carbonation.

3.49/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Belly Flop from Lucky Bucket Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.