Pre-Prohibition Style Lager - Lucky Bucket Brewing Co.

Pre-Prohibition Style LagerPre-Prohibition Style Lager

Lucky Bucket Brewing Co. visit their website
Nebraska, United States

American Pale Lager |  4.50% ABV

Pre-Prohibition style salutes a time when lagers had greater character and more distinct flavor, when beer wasn't full of the additives found in many of today's mainstream lagers. Lucky Bucket's version has a light, malty flavor that's easy on the palate. Filtered twice, the subtle maltiness nicely balances a floral hop. Dry-hopped with a fresh blend of aromatic West Coast hops, Lucky Bucket Lager is a great session beer with an ABV of 4.5% and 20 IBU's.

(Beer added by: kernel on 08-22-2009)

pisomojado8, Nov 25, 2011

Tnkemist, Jun 15, 2013
3.75/5  rDev +14.3%

mkh895, Sep 16, 2012
3.68/5  rDev +12.2%

Appearance: translucent, goldish brown, no head (tap)

Smell: hops and some malt. Pretty straightforward.

Taste:heavier than a traditional American lager, but still easy drinking. A little grainy, a little hoppy, a nice of balance of not too intense flavors

Mouthfeel: light, smooth

Drinkability:See mouthfeel & taste. A great, straightforward brew for drinking on a summer day.

lawlerj, Apr 03, 2011

beerdhabelly, Oct 26, 2012
2.5/5  rDev -23.8%

NCStateAE, Oct 27, 2012

Jman_01, Jul 13, 2012
3.55/5  rDev +8.2%

Lucky Bucket Lager
I had never heard of this beer. A co-worker gave me this sample which was give to him from the brewer. (cousin)

Great label.
Looks like an amber. A little cloudy.
Near perfect head and settling foam.
Smell is clean, with a touch of graininess.
The first sip catches my by surprise. I didn't expect this much flavor. The hops are prominent and delicious.
This beer finishes clean and quick. Good drinkablity.

Gump, Jan 23, 2011

GoodOmens1986, Jan 01, 2013

AmishRockstar, Jul 18, 2013

hurdjg, Apr 27, 2013
3.65/5  rDev +11.3%

Hooray for local beers! Lucky Bucket hails from Omaha. It's the newest craft brewer in the state.

Lucky Bucket Pre-Prohibition pours like a typical lager, a light gold with a hint more orange than the average domestic. The head is white and short-lived.

On the nose I get biscuits, coriander, and, I'm not going to lie, the smell of dirty diapers about 30 feet away. Also some sweet tarts.

This beer hits me a bit like a wheat beer. I get a touch of oranges and an amazing amount of crispness, bordering on acidity, that is very refreshing and appealing. Again, the biscuity malt is present.

Lucky Bucket is a very drinkable beer. Goes down easy and is very refreshing. Probably something I'd prefer in the summer, but I'm impressed in December, too.

NStLincoln, Dec 02, 2009

rjpetrizzo, Jun 28, 2012
3.32/5  rDev +1.2%

Dshiznit321, Friday at 03:52 AM

ipcolling, Jan 08, 2012
3.8/5  rDev +15.9%

Clean and Yummy with hints of beer!

Pours a light orange amber...

Smells wonderful with a hint of walnuts...

The taste is almost there. It's just needs something. I was thinking this reminded me or Anchor Steam at first. Nope finishes way too clean. This is almost like a Buweiser or a Schlitz made with better ingredients. It just needs maybe one more IBU?

The mouthfeel sure reminds me of American macros. The creaminess but wait! Actual touch of hops in this one. I just got a taste of wet dog fur and almost coughed it up. Horse blanket?

I'm on number 2 and I really see myself finishing off the whole sixxer as it is my night off and I'm looking for something in this beer and I think this beer might be offering something else. I was expecting Anchor Steam but I keep going back to Bud.

Hmmm...I may need to try this again in a few months and review again possibly scrapping this one. The Hawaiian Luau pizza I had tonite should be going better with this than it is...

For some reason I really like this beer and my number scores I noted earlier before sitting down to type. A bit confused with the hop profile and body of this beer. I'm gonna let this review stand and come back to it later. Only fair...

CamuMahubah, Feb 10, 2011

BearMittens, Jul 09, 2014

Fatdenny, Jul 25, 2013

erjbeer, Sep 09, 2013

dseiters, Jul 08, 2012
3.63/5  rDev +10.7%

Upon opening, little smoke comes out. It pours with a thin head that does not retain and laces. The body is an amber brownish gold color. Bubbles rise to the top. It looks like a nice beer, but the stream of bubbles is not uniform nor is it a lot of bubbles which shows a good amount of carbonation but maybe there should be more.

It smells of grain, corn, hops, and some other fruity tones. The grain and hops are most prominent.

It has a nice bitter taste combination of hops and grain. The other things dont come in too much. I taste water also.

The mouthfeel is of a lot of carbonation which is good but I'd like there to be less.

Overall, its a good beer that I drink every once in awhile. I don't drink it a lot because I want a different taste in a beer. I like LB's IPA better.

phenomenologian, Dec 26, 2011
Pre-Prohibition Style Lager from Lucky Bucket Brewing Co.