Pre-Prohibition Style Lager - Lucky Bucket Brewing Co.

Pre-Prohibition Style LagerPre-Prohibition Style Lager

Lucky Bucket Brewing Co. visit their website
Nebraska, United States

American Pale Lager |  4.50% ABV

Pre-Prohibition style salutes a time when lagers had greater character and more distinct flavor, when beer wasn't full of the additives found in many of today's mainstream lagers. Lucky Bucket's version has a light, malty flavor that's easy on the palate. Filtered twice, the subtle maltiness nicely balances a floral hop. Dry-hopped with a fresh blend of aromatic West Coast hops, Lucky Bucket Lager is a great session beer with an ABV of 4.5% and 20 IBU's.

(Beer added by: kernel on 08-22-2009)
BGCoon

3.75/5  rDev +14%

09-16-2012 01:25:48 | More by mkh895
lawlerj

3.68/5  rDev +11.9%

Appearance: translucent, goldish brown, no head (tap)

Smell: hops and some malt. Pretty straightforward.

Taste:heavier than a traditional American lager, but still easy drinking. A little grainy, a little hoppy, a nice of balance of not too intense flavors

Mouthfeel: light, smooth

Drinkability:See mouthfeel & taste. A great, straightforward brew for drinking on a summer day.

04-03-2011 16:51:40 | More by lawlerj

07-13-2012 20:59:22 | More by Jman_01
Gump

3.55/5  rDev +7.9%

Lucky Bucket Lager
I had never heard of this beer. A co-worker gave me this sample which was give to him from the brewer. (cousin)

Great label.
Looks like an amber. A little cloudy.
Near perfect head and settling foam.
Smell is clean, with a touch of graininess.
The first sip catches my by surprise. I didn't expect this much flavor. The hops are prominent and delicious.
This beer finishes clean and quick. Good drinkablity.

01-23-2011 23:51:25 | More by Gump

Iowa

04-27-2013 06:02:17 | More by hurdjg
NStLincoln

3.65/5  rDev +10.9%

Hooray for local beers! Lucky Bucket hails from Omaha. It's the newest craft brewer in the state.

Lucky Bucket Pre-Prohibition pours like a typical lager, a light gold with a hint more orange than the average domestic. The head is white and short-lived.

On the nose I get biscuits, coriander, and, I'm not going to lie, the smell of dirty diapers about 30 feet away. Also some sweet tarts.

This beer hits me a bit like a wheat beer. I get a touch of oranges and an amazing amount of crispness, bordering on acidity, that is very refreshing and appealing. Again, the biscuity malt is present.

Lucky Bucket is a very drinkable beer. Goes down easy and is very refreshing. Probably something I'd prefer in the summer, but I'm impressed in December, too.

12-02-2009 21:20:39 | More by NStLincoln
rjpetrizzo

06-28-2012 02:35:01 | More by rjpetrizzo
ipcolling

01-08-2012 23:53:48 | More by ipcolling
CamuMahubah

3.8/5  rDev +15.5%

Clean and Yummy with hints of beer!

Pours a light orange amber...

Smells wonderful with a hint of walnuts...

The taste is almost there. It's just needs something. I was thinking this reminded me or Anchor Steam at first. Nope finishes way too clean. This is almost like a Buweiser or a Schlitz made with better ingredients. It just needs maybe one more IBU?

The mouthfeel sure reminds me of American macros. The creaminess but wait! Actual touch of hops in this one. I just got a taste of wet dog fur and almost coughed it up. Horse blanket?

I'm on number 2 and I really see myself finishing off the whole sixxer as it is my night off and I'm looking for something in this beer and I think this beer might be offering something else. I was expecting Anchor Steam but I keep going back to Bud.

Hmmm...I may need to try this again in a few months and review again possibly scrapping this one. The Hawaiian Luau pizza I had tonite should be going better with this than it is...

For some reason I really like this beer and my number scores I noted earlier before sitting down to type. A bit confused with the hop profile and body of this beer. I'm gonna let this review stand and come back to it later. Only fair...

02-10-2011 03:07:20 | More by CamuMahubah

Nevada

07-08-2012 22:22:18 | More by dseiters
phenomenologian

3.63/5  rDev +10.3%

Upon opening, little smoke comes out. It pours with a thin head that does not retain and laces. The body is an amber brownish gold color. Bubbles rise to the top. It looks like a nice beer, but the stream of bubbles is not uniform nor is it a lot of bubbles which shows a good amount of carbonation but maybe there should be more.

It smells of grain, corn, hops, and some other fruity tones. The grain and hops are most prominent.

It has a nice bitter taste combination of hops and grain. The other things dont come in too much. I taste water also.

The mouthfeel is of a lot of carbonation which is good but I'd like there to be less.

Overall, its a good beer that I drink every once in awhile. I don't drink it a lot because I want a different taste in a beer. I like LB's IPA better.

12-26-2011 02:35:37 | More by phenomenologian
Bitzer

03-12-2013 22:18:14 | More by Bitzer
onewetpaw

Tennessee

3.15/5  rDev -4.3%

Poured into a pint glass.

A- Citrus and a light bread smell. Fruity notes are present that suggest a high fermentation temp to me.

A- Amber, clear. Interesting "steam" comes out of the bottle when you open it.

F- A little tartness hits you up front. Crisp flavors and perhaps a little mineral flavor. The malt is behind the scenes but still there. I don't taste the "adjunct" flavors others describe. Not sure what they are getting at. There's some citrus flavors present as well.

M- Average carbonation. Nice full body. Not at all thin like I think of with adjuncts.

O- A pleasant beer to drink a few of. Not really a great beer in my opinion, but a nice one to have and not think too much about. Tastes great, Less filling, but for real! This a go to easy drinking beer for me. It's regularly available at the local Whole Foods.

03-01-2012 00:54:45 | More by onewetpaw
dbstuart88

Colorado

08-14-2012 02:42:10 | More by dbstuart88
Pre-Prohibition Style Lager from Lucky Bucket Brewing Co.