Summer Solstice - Anderson Valley Brewing Company

good

Anderson Valley Brewing Company visit their website

Cream Ale |  5.00% ABV

Availability: Summer

Our Summer Solstice Seasonal Ale is a slightly sweet, malty session beer with a creamy mouth feel and clean finish. With hints of caramel in the nose and a touch of spice, it’s become affectionately known as “cream soda for adults”. The unique flavors and superior drinkability make for the ultimate refreshment on a hot summer day.

(Beer added by: xlperro on 05-09-2005)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Summer Solstice Alström Bros

TheMrFarnham, Jul 07, 2013

icgood, Jun 22, 2014

codon2004, Nov 29, 2011

This is my own personal "Nectar of the Gods"...this beer is so delicious.

Appearance: Beautiful Dark Golden...like LIQUID GOLD
Smell: Sweet Freshness
Mouthfeel: Creamy Smoothness
Taste: Sweet Liquid Caramel & Delicious Honey-Baked Bread!
Drinkability: All Day, Every Day

The ONLY things wrong with this beer is that it's a "Summer Seasonal" only...which it makes it very hard to find in Florida when it's coming all the way from California & only being distributed for maybe 3 months...& it's a little pricey at $11-12 a 6-pk for an everyday drinker (which it most certainly is).

After buying all that was left at the end of the season in my area i only had 3 bottles left to hold me over until next summer...I went out of town on business & came back and my wife had drank them all! *Thank god I found (3) 6-pks that weekend in Orlando @Whole Foods & ON SALE! Bought them all of course!

Cream Ales are my favorite style because of THIS beer alone! Why is it so hard for other brewers to make a decent Cream Ale???

BastionShaw, Nov 24, 2010

tfsimpkins, Sep 16, 2012

Purchased in Michigan at my local beer store.. 6 Pack bundled by a unique blue plastic holder.

A: Golden Color... Dark copper orange tinge.

S: Smells pretty creamy.. detect a hint of malt and vanilla

T: At first tastes like a flat cola... works into a creamy ale like taste that is awesome after the first couple sips.. really works its way into your tastebuds!

M: Not too full bodied creamy, but creamy and subtle.. very nice feel to it. veruy drinkable and relaxing brew they got here.

O: I was surprised by this beer, very unique. Cream Ales are not my style usually... this is a must try! Will def. be getting this again.

I Love malty and summer brews, this is excellent. A must purchase every year. Makes me want to move to Cali. This stuff is awesome, it is so good.. crazy... my go-to summer brew for sure.

Drk93TT, Jun 14, 2012

Deliciously smooth and creamy.. "Cream soda" flavor. Feels full but not heavy, thus a nice warm or cold weather beer for my taste. I wish I could have this more.

HannahMayJune, Aug 27, 2014

VikeMan, Dec 04, 2011

I cannot say enough about this brew!

This is my favorite beer of all time. This beer has an amazing mouth feel, and is extremely drinkable (beware ;) ). Anderson Valley did an excellent job getting the vanilla flavor and aroma to really come across. Even your non-craft beer friends are going to like this one. I wait for this beer every summer and do my best to find as many cases as possible (which usually isn't much unfortunately). For my other friends who love this beer, if you do buy cases, I have found that the taste was not affected even 10 months after purchase. I don't know why there aren't more cream ales as tasty as this one, then again, is that possible?!

astralspirit1, Apr 08, 2011