Gateway Golden - Boylan Bridge Brewpub

No picture.

pDev: n/a
Boylan Bridge Brewpub visit their website
North Carolina, United States

American Blonde Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: wagenvolks on 02-08-2009

to view more.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by GJ40:
3.6/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Sampled on tap at Boylan Bridge just after they opened.

A - Golden and crystal clear with no head.

S - Fruity and sweet.

T - A nice clean and crisp flavor with an appealing citrusy bitterness. This was one of the best they offered.

M - Thin with a moderate carbonation level.

D - A pleasant and interesting beer. Great for a hot day or a session beer. This and their Speedway Stout were the two that stood out for me.

2.77/5  rDev n/a

I was disappointed with this offering. I expected a true Golden/Blonde ale from Gateway Golden but all I got was a malt-deficient pale ale.

I thought this beer was overhopped for the style and was distracting as I was expecting it to have a heavy concentration on the sweet, grainy malt profile.

The look of the beer was fine. Clear, bright and a nice golden color. There was enough carbonation and mouthfeel to make it drinkable but I just couldnt get away with the hoppiness of it. I would rather have their pale ale as it was more balanced in respect to its level of hoppiness.

I would have been more accepting of this beer had the malt profile balanced the hop presence more but I just found it distracting.

to view more.
Gateway Golden from Boylan Bridge Brewpub
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.