Loopy Lupulin Double IPA - Mishawaka Brewing Company

Mishawaka Brewing Company
Indiana, United States

Beer added by: aforbes10 on 03-12-2007

3.98/5  rDev -1.2%

Had on tap today at the brewpub

A- Pours a nice dark amber red almost brown. Little half finger white head that died down but left massive amounts of lacing everywhere. This is a beautiful beer that I liked looking at.

S- This is like some others have said a faint smelling beer. Nothing really strikes out too much. Good floral hop smell with a slight twist of citrus hops (kind of a slight pineapple) along with sweet malts to this. Nothing over the top but seems like a balanced beer at least as the nose tells.

T- Wow..this has got to be one of my favorite Mishawaka Brew Co's beers that I have. Nice sweet hop taste to this from the front (maybe some citrus and pineapple) the middle of this is a balance between malts and hops. The ending of this is a bitterness to it. Good tasting DIPA. Nothing over the top once again but a smooth hitter that hides the alcohol good once again!

M- Medium mouthfeel. Nice carbonation to this leaves the beer dancing across the palate. Leaves a light hop resin over the tounge and teeth which makes you want more. Nice hop aftertaste that makes you drink up to taste the beer again.

D- This by far is one of the best Mishawaka Brew co's beers hands down. I am glad it is back on tap and I'm looking to get a couple of growler fills to share the wealth. If you are in town I would suggest getting this before it's gone!

4.07/5  rDev +1%

I had this today at the PUB, which is Mishawaka's satellite restraunt/pub. I agree with AForbes about this being MBC's best beer. I was very impressed. Reminded me of a cross between Bell's HopSlam and DFH 90 min. Very nice copper color. Nice lacing with a decent size head. The 10% ABV warms very nicely, definetely only need one. I am typically dissapointed in Mishawakas offerings, but this was simply awesome. I would drink this any time I find it.

4.03/5  rDev 0%

Got a growler of this the other night after i found out i had been awarded a grant for my research! Poured into a tulip glass. Might just be the prettiest beer i've had from Mishawaka Brew Pub. Tawny red with a great big puffy head. Sparkling clarity. Citrusy hop odor...they've got the lupulin thing right! Not a huge odor, but nice and floral and lettuce-y. Taste is darn good. A bitter hop bomb, but sweet too...kind of reminds me of Bell's Hopslam. Lots of hops and bitterness lingers. Kind of dry tasting but definitely serves its purpose. Alcohol almost totally hidden. Overall, this might be my favorite from MBC. Its a well-made hop bomb.

Also: i had a last little bit in the growler that i wasn't going to drink before it went bad so i put it into the IPA brine recipe from the March 2007 BA magazine. Marinating some chicken in it as i write this.

Loopy Lupulin Double IPA from Mishawaka Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.