Debowe Mocne - Tyskie Browary Książęce (SABMiller)

Debowe MocneDebowe Mocne

Tyskie Browary Książęce (SABMiller) visit their website
Poland

Euro Strong Lager |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: bruachan on 06-14-2005)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

Actually quite similar to Special brew, with the flavour turned down
& spesh ain't that big on taste

EmperorBevis, Aug 25, 2014

endless1408, May 31, 2014

Latarnik, May 25, 2014

vinicole, Jan 01, 2014
4.85/5  rDev +49.7%

I've had many beers across the world, but this one is by far the best. There's no beer in America that can even compare or come close. Strong alcohol content and a sweet taste. Enjoyed this beverage at many establishments in Legnica Poland. Does anyone know where I can order this from in the U.S.?

Michael1979, Jul 30, 2013

hansavijaticar, Jul 13, 2013

vauxhaulastra, Jun 21, 2013

samEBC, May 05, 2013

BogBoyJD, May 01, 2013
2.48/5  rDev -23.5%

500 ml can, bought in a pilish shop in Arnhem, along with others, so I guess it's ticking polish beers week. Poured into a Guinness pint glass. ABV 7%
Nice colour, deep golden yellow, with a big, soapy, white head. Average retention and very little activity in the glass.
Disappointing aroma. Some malts and a prominent feet smell, and not even your own feet which you don't mind that much or you maybe find appealing, but the feet or someone else who just came in the room and took his wet socks off. You get it.
Taste is better, but not anything special. Just lots and lots of malts, more like a wort taste. At least the alcohol is only slighty traceable, so you can drink it quite fast. It does leave a light bitterness behind, to be honest.
Thin on the body and light to medium carbonation. Some dryness on the palate.
Overall, after the initial bad smell, this is not that bad for what it offers. I am now already down to half the glass, drinking it rather quickly and I already find it better than when I opened the can. Either it gets better once it warms up, which I doubt, or the 7% ABV has gotten me.

Douberd, Feb 05, 2013

Pelicanrocks, Jun 03, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -53.7%

kurgan3, Feb 08, 2012
3.08/5  rDev -4.9%

Purchased one can from a gas station in Poland.

.5L Can served in a glass mug.

A- Clear Light Gold; not much head and dissipated relatively quickly; no lacing

S- malt, some hops and floral notes.

T- Toasted malts, touch of sweetness and herbal notes with a strong hoppy bitter aftertaste.

M- mild body, medium carbonation.

D- suprisingly high in alcohol; not a bad beer, but not great.

skypup, Oct 28, 2011
3.48/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I tried this beer on the local PINT tasting evening in October 2011. All the beer is blind tested.

A - A clear gold yellow beer. There isn't much foam, only a thin ring sticking to the glass.

S - A smell of apple and pear, some flowers and malts.

T - The beer is a bit sweet, the bitterness is almost not present.

M - Not bad, medium alcohol and body.

O - A nice flowery beer, a bit sweet and not to bitter.

Mar02x, Oct 05, 2011
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured gold coloured from a 500ml can into two half pint glasses, lively dense white head which lasted fairly well. Aroma almost non existant, just a hint of malted sweetness and grassy.

The taste is more of malts with a hint of initial sweetness, though also a slight bitterness of the hops at the end - but neither giving much character or depth of flavours. The 7%alc level didn't strike me at all - would not have guessed it was 7% had I not known.

Difficult to make a judgement, cant say it has any bad points, but equally nothing to make it good. I would drink it again, but would not be high on my list of beers to have again. There are better beers of this style and from Poland.
Though good value at £1 a can from Polish stores in UK.

JohnW
B'ham UK March 2011

JohnW, Mar 24, 2011
3.5/5  rDev +8%

500ml Can poured into a pint glass

A - Nice amber-orange colour, which poured a large head. Kept it pretty well and eventually forms a thin ring

S - No real smell to note. Slightly sweet with a tiny hint of the alcohol

T - Pretty crisp taste, and the malts and the hops work pretty well together. There's a slight harshness in the back of the mouth, but it's nothing too major. Pleasing taste.

M - Pretty thin to be honest. You really don't feel like it is a 7.0% lager.

D - I could certainly drink 2 or 3 of these in one go. The carbonation didn't really have an impact on me. Certainly packs a punch in regards to its percentage.

A pleasant one compared to others in the genre. Would definetly drink it again, but I have other preferences in this bracket

Syko, Aug 26, 2010
3.03/5  rDev -6.5%

I should say i am a novice at beer reviews.

Quite a pleasing colour, nice amber, slighlty darker than a lot of lagers. Fizzy head which disappears quickly, slight lacing, good carbonation as you would expect from most lagers.
This beer was fairly bland and slightly watery, no real aroma. I consider 7% abv quite strong but the beer hides this very well, i was expecting a drain cleaner for taste but it's a very drinkable lager just don't expect too much taste(hops/malt etc). Blandish macro, was a good price, would buy again.

az77, Jul 14, 2010
2.25/5  rDev -30.6%

500ml brown bottle poured into a JW Lees Original Golden Lager pint pot.

A. Amber-orange colour with a tall, bubbly, soft looking white head that remained on top of the beer so long any top fermenting beer would be proud of.

S. Malty, hoppy. A slight strawberryness and candy floss is noted. Once the beer has warmed up in the glass sufficiently the alcohol can also be detected on the nose, more so than in the taste.

T. There is a nice interplay between the malt and hops. Sadly there is nothing else to report.

M. Light and highly carbonated.

D. If, like myself you have an intolerence to excessively carbonated beers then this WILL be hard going, it's certainly not one to drink fast. It certainly did not taste or feel like a 7%ABV lager. A constant steady stream of tiny bubbles rise up with a regular appearance of larger bubbles swimming upwards.
This beer had been reduced to £1 as it was slightly over its BBE date, I bought the last bottle and this WILL be my last bottle of this beer. Debowe Mocne could be even 'gassier' than San Miguel and that is some statement from me as I thought nothing could be as bad as that which is why I have only given it 1 for drinkability.

AEK, Jun 13, 2010
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Looking at my bottle review after I'd had this can, I wonder what frame of mind I was in for the first tasting, because I have completely different views of the beer with this review.

Yesterday afternoon (when I had the can) was beautiful and sunny, my garden looked a picture as I sat outside. I fancied a lager/pilsner, what was in the fridge?

I came back out into the sunshine with this can.

The beer poured (into a Corsendonk stemmed tulip) a deep golden colour with a huge snow white head. The head became a thick collar and a dusting of snow as the beer sank down my throat, leaving some good lacing on the glass.

No real aroma. Normal score of 3 for a non smelling pilsner/lager style beer.

The taste was OK, the alcohol is in the front, but the blend of hops and malt sat pleasantly together, the malt giving it a smooth finish and not letting the hops have an over-riding bitterness or dryness some of this style possess.

The sun obviuosly helped to mellow my thoughts and I needed a refreshing drink, which this beer gave me, but I think my first review is now somewhat unfair on this above average product.

BlackHaddock, Jun 04, 2010
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Debowe Mocne from Tyskie Browary Książęce (SABMiller)