2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Territorial Reserve Oak Aged Imperial Stout - Coop Ale Works

Territorial Reserve Oak Aged Imperial StoutTerritorial Reserve Oak Aged Imperial Stout

rAvg: 4

Coop Ale Works visit their website
Oklahoma, United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  9.00% ABV

This imperial recipe begins with a big, rich stout packed with chocolate and coffee malts as well as oatmeal, and ends after a very generous hop addition. A portion of the brew was then aged in Templeton Rye whiskey barrels and the remainder was aged in our cellar. Before sending out the 2010 vintage, the two were blended for the perfect winter warmer.

(Beer added by: webbcreative on 12-04-2009)
View: Beers (14) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 94 | Reviews: 41 | Show All Ratings:
jmbranum

4.5/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Enjoyed in a Boulevard sifter glass at Tapwerks in Bricktown of OKC.

Pours a lucious deep brown with a nice tan head.

Aroma is subdued with some roasted malty notes.

Flavor is not bad but not outstanding either. Lots of coffee and chocolate notes. A little bit of whiskey.

Very smooth mouthfeel.

A very good beer but not worth the price charged for it.

05-05-2013 21:25:11 | More by jmbranum
tronester

3.61/5  rDev -9.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A pitch black in color, with a thin brown head. Aromas of tart cherries, and some oak. Taste begins with a tart cherry blast, then some rich espresso, then chocolate. The finish is very woody, with a bit of alcohol. Mouthfeel is rich. Overall a good RIS, but a bit too much barrel character for me. It tastes almost like a RIS with a shot of scotch dropped in it to me..

04-14-2013 17:15:45 | More by tronester
StaveHooks

3.78/5  rDev -5.5%

Review from notes.

A - Pours black with a dark and creamy espresso head.

S - Loads of bakers chocolate, charred oak wood, vanilla, bourbony booze.

T - Charred oak and vanilla lead the way with dry roasted chocolate malt following. Acidic. Notes of leather, amaretto, and prunes come through. Finishes dry with an acidic boozy bite.

M - Thick, rich, velvety feel, low carbonation, dry finish.

This was definitely bourbon forward and very roasted. Good viscous feel and smelled very good. Glad I got to try it on tap.

01-31-2012 00:56:35 | More by StaveHooks
ThirstyHerf

4.83/5  rDev +20.8%

A- (4.5)The body of the beer is pitch black. No opaqueness noted no matter how the beer is back lit. A finger of mocha head that recedes slowly leaving a thin layer of burnt tan foam. Mild lacing on the side of the glass is gorgeous, reflecting a nice bit of alcohol

S- (5) Bourbony Oak, Sweet Vanilla, bitter sweet cocoa, a hint of coffee, anise, black strap molasis and burnt sugar notes play well through out the aroma. My nose is in a wonderland with everything going on here.

T (5) Everything in the nose translates to the taste. Excellent roastyness helps balance all of the intracacies in this beer. Bourbony Oak, Sweet Vanilla, bitter sweet cocoa, a hint of coffee, anise, black strap molasis, burnt sugar & a hint of dark fruit. This is delicious.

M (4.5) this beer is near perfect. it's rich, creamy, silkiness makes my mouth want to slow sip this incredible beer all night long (all night)

O- (4.5) Last years batch in Templeton Rye barrels was awesome but The JD whiskey barrels used to age this year's batch are lending a much sweeter & overall more enjoyable taste. This beer is fantastic & reminds me so much of bcbs. I can't wait to see this hit shelves with a slightly larger release than last year. This beer could put Coop & Oklahoma on the light whale list. (yes, I just homered this beer but there is no exaggeration)

01-10-2012 03:42:28 | More by ThirstyHerf
silentnoiz

Tennessee

4.5/5  rDev +12.5%

Had this on tap in Oklahoma City's Republic Gastro pub (great food, great beer selection here!).

A - Deep dark, tan head that laced nicely on the sides of the glass.

S - Roasted malt goodnesss.

T - Very sweet and malty, nice roast, not burnt at all, and nice hints of oak, not overwhelmingly oaky (which is a good thing to me). Some oak aged are too heavy on the oak, but this is very nicely balanced.

M - Very smooth, nice and thick.

O - Really enjoyed sippin' on this. It took a while to get through it, it is a big beer, but the flavor is fantastic. It is on the sweet side, which I personally enjoy, but for some it may be a bit much. Reminded me a lot of Surly's Darkness (big compliment). Really nice job here Coop! Highly recommend.

03-26-2011 17:24:28 | More by silentnoiz
shelden3

4.68/5  rDev +17%

This is a review of the 2010 release of COOP Ale Works Territorial Oak Aged Imperial Stout. This beer pours black with a dark tan head. Initial nose gives chocolate, hints of rye and cherry and a small amount of vanilla. The vanilla notes are ever so slight and are quickly covered by the roasted malts.

The initial taste is strong of roasted malt, but quickly fades revealing the attributes of the Rye it was aged on, the Rye is ever so slight, mostly in the nose and not offensively strong at all. At warmer temps the vanilla, and cherry kick in. The mouth on the beer is good, I'd like to see it maybe a bit thicker, but it certainly is good as is.

This is a great winter evening beer while talking with friends. The 10% ABV is well masked by all the flavors and nose. This is a limited release form COOP Ale Works out of OKC, if in the area please give it a try it will be gone very soon.

12-08-2010 06:13:06 | More by shelden3
McDosey

4.03/5  rDev +0.8%

A little late reviewing this and going from notes I wrote down about a month ago. Knocked this one out at McNellie's in Tulsa during a break from some funeral-related goings-on that weekend.

This pours a completely opaque black; I couldn't get any light transmitted through it at all. Quite an imposing looking pint. Not much head, a skinny finger's worth of caramel-colored foam that disappeared quickly, leaving some pretty heavy lacing.

Roasted barley character dominates the nose, with hints of chocolate and oak (maybe even red wine tannins - did they use wine barrels to age this stuff?). At any rate, quite a pleasing aroma. I wish the barmaid would have poured this thing properly so it had really opened up for me.

Taste-wise, it was as the smell portended - rich and roasty with just a tickle of hops to keep things lively. I did not have this pegged as a 9%-er as there was no discernable alcohol taste at all. That earns a kudos from me as I'm not a lover of liquor-tasting beer, although I'm too much of a neophyte to know if that means this was too weak for the style. I was pretty wobbly walking out of there, so I guess the 9% explains that much.

Overall, a pleasant way to kill an hour and I'll keep an eye out for this stuff next time I'm through OK.

02-10-2010 15:47:56 | More by McDosey
fastfwd

4.18/5  rDev +4.5%

Again, my apologies for my lacking of beer reviewing talent... I had this last weekend at the Prohibition Room and was really impressed with it. If it's 10% alcohol you couldn't prove it by me. It hides its alcohol better than any imperial that I've ever had. Watch out!

I didn't really catch the oak barrel aged flavors. I've had beers in the past that were bourbon barrel aged and didn't care for it. So, whatever they did they did it right with this one. Not too overpowering.

Edit to my edit... I was floored to learn that the Prohibition Room was getting $10+ with tax on these pints. Absolutely ridiculous! I have found that other establishments are serving a slightly less expensive serving of it in smaller quantity. Drunken Fry has it for $7 for 14oz. Still a bit too rich for my blood. I'll pass on it.

01-11-2010 16:08:36 | More by fastfwd
bump8628

4.33/5  rDev +8.3%

I'm pumped to try the first barrel-aged beer to come out of OKC.

Pours up pure black with an inch of creamy tan head that recedes some but never totally goes away.

I get strong bourbon and oak on the nose at first, which gives off some nice spice, vanilla, and toasted coconut. Behind that I can pick up some roasted malt and a bit of coffee. There may even be a bit of smokiness trying push in at the end although it's faint behind the strong barrel character. I can definitely detect alcohol but it's hard to say if its the bourbon or the actual alcohol content of the beer.

While the nose is all about the barrel, the first thing that hits the palate is classic roasted malt and dark cocoa. It only lasts for a second and then gives way to a softer chocolate character more like milk chocolate. Some caramel backs up the roasted malts and rounds it out even more. All the while the bourbon and oak mingle in here and there, making their presence known but in a polite manner. Hops are present only to support the malt with just enough bitterness to provide some backbone. What hop character I detect is of the earthy variety. Again, alcohol is apparent but hard to tease away from the bourbon. Body is full but not syrupy in the least.

I'm definitely impressed with this one. If ever there were such a thing as a "gateway" Imperial Stout, this might be it. Not to say it doesn't have a ton of flavor, because it does, but it's just so damn smooth. The bourbon and oak tend to take over by the end of the glass, but I really can't complain too much because I like that. A nice change from some of the others in this style that are beginning to push the 11-13% ABV mark and tend to burn you up before you can properly finish them. Dangerously quaffable.

12-04-2009 20:25:30 | More by bump8628
webbcreative

4.38/5  rDev +9.5%

First off all, this beer is, as you would expect, just as black as black can be, you really have to work hard to get any kind of sliver of brown around the top edge. The head was tan, and just barely there.

The aroma was a big roasted barley smell at first, but as it warmed up a bit, there was a slight, alcohol smell to it, I really expected more for the high ABV though.

The flavor, again, was the roasted barley upfront. Finishes on the sweeter side of dry, but its not cloyingly sweet by any means. Coffee flavor also, like a dark espresso. This Impy Stout is not a hoppy beer, but it does have a bitterness to it, more like you get from dark chocolates or coffee. I know this was aged on oak, and you know its in there when you drink it, but it doesn't make a huge appearance, which is good, I was worried with it being pretty young still, it might be overly oaked, but not so, there is just enough to smooth this puppy out. This beer does not have a long harsh or bitter aftertaste, but the roasted barley hangs around for a while. Again, I did expect this might be a little hot with it being such a high alcohol beer and being really fresh, but no, it's extremely well balanced, not easy to do with a beer like this. The alcohol did seem to come through more in the last 1/4 of the glass however, but overall the 9% abv is hidden very well. It was more on the thicker side of medium for mouthfeel, not a huge thick, sticky stout.

Overall, I would rate this a solid 'A', great offering from the guys at COOP, this is a home run for the Oklahoma Beer scene. But seriously, bottle this gold, or at least let me bring in a few growlers and fill them up! Already can't wait for the next edition of this beer, when they will be aging it for a year, instead of the only 4-5 months this one had.

12-04-2009 04:45:17 | More by webbcreative
gueuzedreg

Colorado

3.89/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Unmarked bottle that appears to be this brew from trader.

A: pretty standard BA RIS, but you can see through this one a bit more.

S: Oak Bourbon forward, nutty RIS background

T: At first this reminded me of an 06 BCBS, but then I realized that there is more oak nuttiness to this brew. Definitely more than I expected. Great brew.

M: This for its style

O: I was pleasantly surprised by this brew. I have not had a BA Stout with this much Oak and nuttiness to it. Nuts

11-07-2013 02:09:25 | More by gueuzedreg
MasterSki

4.03/5  rDev +0.8%

2010 vintage from coldmeat23. Bottle #585/612. Served in a snifter.

A - Tan foam settles to a thick collar, leaving behind specks of lace. Black body that is quite opaque.

S - Hefty doses of vanilla, roasted malts, chocolate, oak, dark fruit, and perhaps a hint of whiskey.

T - Taste is quite similar, with roasted malts, caramel, vanilla, and dark fruits dominating the palate. Perhaps a tad sweeter than aroma, and with negligible whiskey contribution here. Alcohol is well-hidden.

M - Medium body that is sufficient for 9% but definitely a bit light for an Imperial Stout. Slightly chewy and sticky texture, with a bit of oaky dryness in the finish. Some mild alochol warmth after a glass, but fairly tame.

D - Another pleasant Oklahoma surprise. The oak-aged element of this beer is pretty tame, but it's a tasty and competently brewed Imperial Stout. Hopefully my 2011 bottle is just as good.

08-29-2013 02:14:51 | More by MasterSki
Hopswagger

South Carolina

4.28/5  rDev +7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

1275/2256

P: Pitch black abyss with an inch thick crown if creamy espresso head. Wet lacing and the silky layer stays throughout the session.

S: Sweet milk chocolate, aged wood, sour mash, brown sugar, roasted grain, s'mores, butterscotch, roasted toffee, chocolate muffins, amaretto coffee and confectionary sugar.

T/M: Taste follows the nose and the barreling really shines. Alcohol is really hidden well. Rich roasty malts and spicy rye in a buttery full mouthfeel with delicate carbonation.

O: I await this everywhere and have never been excited. Super balanced flavors create a decadent and easy drinking brew. If you get the chance you need to pick this up. Cheers!

06-23-2013 23:59:18 | More by Hopswagger
Ri0

Wisconsin

4.2/5  rDev +5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

pored 25.4oz bottle into snifter

A - Really nice looking pour considering this was BA for 3 months. Very deep dark brow almost black in color. Decent 1 finger beige colored cap that transitions into a thin ring around my glass. Surprised to see some lacing as all the BA stouts I have had do not show lacing.

S - Smell is terrific. Nice chocolate, toffee, caramel, vanilla, some coffee. Slight hints of oak and whiskey from the barrel. Even though this is 65 Ibus I do not pick up much hop aroma.

T - A very nice flavor after aging this for a year. I would think fresh there would be more bitterness. I get plenty of dark chocolate, caramel and toffee. Hints of vanilla, coffee, oak, and whiskey. Very little booze on this.

M - A tad thin, but it is so smooth and creamy after a year that I really enjoy it. Minimal bitterness in my mouth.

O - Very well done Oak aged stout that I had the pleasure of trying after it was aged for a year. Fresh I would imagine that it is more bitter. Big thanks to Ken in OK for this one.

06-15-2013 15:56:40 | More by Ri0
DelMontiac

4.4/5  rDev +10%

This 2012 release 750ml capped bottle was labeled as #200 (I know) of 2257 (I think) and purchased at Brown's Bottle Shop in Stillwater, OK. Shared between two friends and poured into original Crown and Rose Pub nonics.

Wasn't sure what to expect as I'd seen only a few mixed reviews, but many were from previous years and from kegs. First of all, I dig that the bottle has a standard crimped cap (not corked). The color was what I'd expect - black/brown without any light shining through to cast other colors. A manly pour produced a delightful super creamy three-fingers worth of velvety caramel colored foam which was very slow to forfeit it's mass. Foam still remained at the bottom of my glass and the lace was crazy looking. A+ for this!

I realize the nonic is not the best glass for the nose, but it's good enough. Aromas are probably the weak attribute of this beer. Perhaps the thick foam was a bit prohibitive, but I wasn't getting big pronounced smell here. I still got coffee, chocolate, grassy hops, and a vinous character. Not bad, just not powerful.

Flavors are many though. Big sweet chocolate and dark coffee bean are the main players - just the way I like it. The vinous character shows itself about mid palate and is then followed by a mild earthy hop trait providing a perfect IBU counter. The finish allows the barrel aging to come into play with wafts of vanilla, whiskey spice, and sweet/smokey pipe tobacco. I love it.

I love the full body and creamy carbonation from this bottle. I would like it better if it were a bit more sticky and syrupy, but this is a happy medium and it works well for this beer.

Man, I should have bought more. This is pure win for an Oklahoma brewery that seems to be getting better all the time. ISO! ISO!

04-19-2013 17:19:28 | More by DelMontiac
ryan1788a5

3.15/5  rDev -21.3%

750ml bottle poured into a snifter.

A: Deep black. A strong pour yielded two fingers of brown head that settled after a short time. Lacing is wispy and patchy.

S: Blackstrap molasses, black cocoa powder, hint of leather, fudge. Darkfruit scents of black cherry, dates, and bruised apple. Black licorice. Subtle spicy alcohol. Even baseline of woody oak. Big on the nose, and nicely balanced.

T: Black cocoa powder, soy sauce, jerky. Brash peppery alcohol. Blackstrap molasses. Leathery. Tobacco. Stifled hints of fig, date, and old bruised apples. Cola. Dry oak backing. Finishes with black cocoa powder, bruised apple, and dry oak.

M: Big in body, but lacking some substance. Moderately heavy in the mouth. some creaminess and viscosity, though it's flat and a bit watery too. Peppery alcohol heat.

O: The nose promised control and balance, but the taste delivered the exact opposite. Discord in a glass is what I got. I suspect it was oxidized too. Hard to drink.

03-31-2013 21:54:13 | More by ryan1788a5
thefilmcake

3.98/5  rDev -0.5%

This review is for the 2012 TROAIS.

The beer poured very dark and opaque with a creamy foam. It smelled of coffee and bourbon. The taste was a bit smoky with coffee and chocolate notes and the warmth of bourbon. The mouthfeel was creamy and warm and inviting.

While my instincts say that the 2010 version was one of the best beers I've ever sipped, I don't think this one is quite there (yet). But still quite enjoyable nevertheless.

12-28-2012 14:16:30 | More by thefilmcake
barleywinefiend

Washington

4/5  rDev 0%

A: Poured jet black with a nice dirty 1/2 cap, good amount of bubbles and light lacing sticks to the glass

S: Immediate big charred oak, smoke, bitter chocolate and some whiskey

T: Follows the nose well but with the addition of light dark fruits and small coffee bean and pepperness thrown in for good measure. The amount of char and oak on this beer makes it a love/hate thing but I thought it went well and I am not opposed to smoke so it was all good for me.

M: Not as creamy as I wanted, more so an abrupt, in your face kind of stout with some smoke and ash, bitterness and light stinging booze lingering on the plate enhancing the mouthfeel

O: Pretty well done. Savor the Rarity.

08-07-2012 21:15:00 | More by barleywinefiend
Mora2000

4/5  rDev 0%

The beer pours a dark brown to black color with a tan head. The aroma is heavy on the oak with some chocolate, maple and lactose notes thrown in. The flavor is more of the same. I get all of the big imperial stout notes that I expect - namely chocolate and roasted malt. The barrel-aged notes are also present and contribute oak, maple and vanilla characteristics. The alcohol is very well hidden, but there are some light bourbon notes in the flavor. Medium to thick mouthfeel and low carbonation.

07-07-2012 17:20:16 | More by Mora2000
cosmicevan

4.25/5  rDev +6.3%

got this one frmo ThirstyHerf a while ago in the Hype Train BIF...enjoyed from a Duvel artist series glass in tribute to Yamar68 who inspired me to pop this one tonight.

#550 of 612

a - brew poured a mean black. black as the witching hour...ya know that time between 4:18am and 4:22am when there is nary a creature stirring. nice generous creamy mocha like head from the hard pour. it bubbled and mocked me like some sort of dessert type drink you get at one of them high falutin coffee shops that cost more than a burger at your favorite burger joint. none-the-less, yee shall be mine to devour...with your milky head and sparse lacing.

s - YUM! milk chocolate roasty goodness. i get some hints of whiskey as well as subtle notes of virgin oak. some of the sharp vanillaness of the barrels is pleasantly showing its face. speaking of barrels, HOT DOG i love barrel aged beer, but the wood brings a bit of char or smokiness...i find whiskey barrels to compliment big stouts just as nicely as bourbon, sometimes better. there is some peat in there too but not enough to be gross.

t - a big gulp unveils the deliciousness of this beer. again, lots of smoke, char, and roastiness. the oak is definitely not hugely present, but does bring a certain amount of sharpness to the flavor and a hint of whiskey...some more time in the barrel would definitely not be a problem. there is also a nice hop to the finish of the beer making it reminiscent of darkness.

m - leaves a bit of a tingle...big and robust. full bodied.

o - overall a very nice imperial stout, but nothing to go insane for. had the barrels imparted more flavoring (perhaps more time) this would be insane. it does remind me a bit of imperial milk porter crossed with darkness and a bit of BORIS (where is my friend with the suitcase when i need him? lets get that randall out too!!!). i dug this one a lot and very happy to have the tick. it was a pleaser with great flavor and hit the nail on the head for my craving of a big stout.

05-12-2012 04:10:49 | More by cosmicevan
yamar68

4.08/5  rDev +2%

Big thanks to my good friend 4balance for this unexpected brew! Pours from 750ml to tulip glass:

Pours without the slightest hint of clarity. Big, swelling medium brown head that slowly subsides to a collar with a fat creamy dollop sailing around the center of the glass. Perfect lacing.

Plenty of milk chocolate and oak... warming wood bits, graham cracker, soft booze, lots of character. Evolving and blossoming as it warms.

Here we go: the taste... Dangerously smooth. No intrusive harshness from the barrel or booze. Soft chocolate, tobacco, roasty malt presence, some sweet fruits linger on the tail end.

Perhaps the most drinkable BA imperial stout I've ever had, which is certainly this beers forte... I do sort of wish it could get beefed up a bit in feel and flavor. What's here is damn good though. Thanks again Ken!

05-12-2012 02:34:53 | More by yamar68
MarcatGSB

4.05/5  rDev +1.3%

Poured from 750 ml C&C bottle into CBS snifter. Big props on this bottle. Bottle number 1379/1488. Accompanied by Miles Davis Bitches Brew on vinyl, a filet, home fries, and snap peas.

A: Pours a dark black with a tan color, thinner head. Lasting, with some minimal lacing.

N: Sweet whisky nose, not getting any spice or rye notes at all. Real sweet, reminds me of a Cigar City brew...lots of big roasted malt, charred oak, slight vanilla.

T: Dark dried fruits, almost a sweet apple cider taste to it. Shows some oxidation. Burnt sugar, molasses, some charred oak, vanilla, and some light coffee notes.

M: Creamy mouthfeel, with quite a bit of carbonation. Good drinking stout. Has some nice body.

D and O: Good stout. We impressed with the first sip and it lasted through out the entire bottle.

02-14-2012 00:08:37 | More by MarcatGSB
isaiahcutright

4.22/5  rDev +5.5%

2012 release aged in Jack barrels.

P: Black thick no light seen through nice dark tan head tons of lacing.

S: a very heavy oak smell followed by some roasty malts and a touch of something kind of sweet smelling like bitter sweet toffee/coffee.

T: Oak, the oak is very present, coffee, very bitter chocolate, vanilla, it has a nice minuscule tartness balancing out the rich flavor of the dark/roasted malts. I've never had a brew taste so oaky its outstanding, I was recently reading a BA mag article about a brewer referring Belgium Strong ales to wine in flavor and complexity, this is like a combination of brew and bourbon its incredible. Simply outstanding.

O: The mouthfeel is like a wine not much carb, its a complex beast I luckily purchased a few for and might go try to find more to cellar. One of the best I had out OK, I'm looking forward to more bigger beers from the in state brewers.

01-20-2012 02:14:16 | More by isaiahcutright
Spider889

3.55/5  rDev -11.3%

Thanks to BlueOkie for this bottle. Shared at a Jackie O's release, review from notes (sorry it took so long!).

A - Black and fairly thick. Had a nice roasted peanut colored head.

S - Bourbon is certainly prevalent. There's also a bit of an acidic bite to this one - I seem to get this somewhat regularly from barrel-aged beers. I imagine it is an element of the extra oxidation, the quality of the liquor, and/or due to the difficulty in maintaining sanitation in barrels. The acidity is never truly detracting, but I imagine that this will grow stronger over time.

There's also a good amount of char in the aroma and warm vanilla bean. The finish leads back toward tart fruitiness.

T - Tastes very smooth despite the heavy-handed bourbon character. Chocolate brownies add sweetness and the vanilla I was detecting in the aroma is even bigger in flavor. Charcoal brings bitterness into the equation adding some balance, and finally I began getting the coconut flavor you often taste in very strong/young whiskey.

M - Extremely dry, almost to the point of feeling like sandpaper on my tongue. The finish is also an exercise in ever-increasing alcohol heat that wells up deep inside your chest.

O - This is a bourbon lover's dream beer. Not super balanced (which is what I tend to prefer) but a satisfying brew nonetheless.

01-15-2012 07:27:49 | More by Spider889
Phelps

Arizona

3.98/5  rDev -0.5%

Shared by ottovon at the December 2011 Clusterfork. Bottle 165 of 612, this is the 2010 vintage, aged five months in oak barrels.

Deep burnt brown with lighter mahogany at the edges. The thin, airy khaki head doesn't end up being much and leaves behind some spotty lace.

The bottle doesn't say whether this went in bourbon barrels, but it sure smells like it did. Buttery, toffee, oak, cocoa, smooth vanilla bourbon and hints of smoke. Very nice.

The flavor doesn't display as much barrel of the barrels, but it's still there. Sharper whiskey, dark fruits, tangy dark chocolate. In the back, I get hints of ash. Alcohol flavor as well as new oak and some smoke.

Viscous medium body, very light carbonation. Nice and thick as it moves, but the alcohol is a bit tongue-numbing.

Territorial Reserve has a very nice blend of flavors. Bourbon, smoke, chocolate, oak. Smooth, tasty stuff.

01-07-2012 19:18:54 | More by Phelps