Old World Nitro Blonde - Old World Brewery

Old World Nitro BlondeOld World Nitro Blonde

Old World Brewery visit their website
Arizona, United States

American Blonde Ale |  4.20% ABV

Our golden ale that is clear, crisp, and dry, with low-to-medium bitterness and aroma. Semisweet from the special European malts used in the mashing process.

Ingredients – 2-Row Barley, Munich, Golden Wheat

IBU’s: 20
Original Gravity: 11.5 Plato
Yeast: WIP001

(Beer added by: cdkrenz on 10-26-2010)
Reviews by FlatRabbitRed:
3.1/5  rDev +16.5%

The other reviews must have come from another batch ...this was not a horrible beer. Don't go looking for a superior beer in an American lawn mower style, not going to happen. I did not want a high ABV beer, I had a few more stops that night and this one worked well for going down quick and easy.

Golden fizzy, lite haze, heavy body for this style added more flavor, Dry finish, lite bitter aftertaste... and yes the notes of corn, but not heavy like Mexican brews or Pabst, not even sure corn was used in this.

FlatRabbitRed, Apr 13, 2013

t2grogan, Oct 05, 2014

avisong, Apr 18, 2012

nleaders, Jul 02, 2014
1.35/5  rDev -49.2%

Popped in to this brewery's tasting room with a couple of friends before a show they had scheduled. My wife ordered this beer, but only made it through a couple sips, so I took over tasting duties. I agree with the previous reviewer in that this beer was one of the worst beers I have ever paid for. Served in a plastic cup, it had no head retention (a bad sign from the get-go) and smelled exactly like it tasted: infected, and not in a good way. Vinegar soaked bandaids was the best description I could come up with. I only made it through half of the beer before we decided to leave. I hate to be tough on a small local brewer, but this beer was absolutely putrid in every way. I know this one beer wasn't just a bad run, as other friends had the Irish Red which was equally insipid. My suggestion: less time planning metal shows and more time in the brewery with a serious focus on sanitation and quality control.

seedee17, Jul 30, 2009
1.2/5  rDev -54.9%

This has got to be one of the worst beers I have ever had. I think I'd rather drink a warm super skunky Corona than this beer. The aroma was that of a backed up toilet or of sewer water. Color was a hazy cloudy blond with no head. Had in a plastic glass so cant rate the lacing except that it did wash out nicely after I dumped it out. Flavor is hard to describe, kind of like an Orrville Redenbacher gone rancid flavor.

bigbelcher, Jun 21, 2009
2.75/5  rDev +3.4%

Enjoyed from the tap at the 2010 DRAFT Big Pour.

Pours a perfectly clear golden straw color. A teeny white head like soda fizzled out almost immediately, leaving behind nothing. Zero head on this guy.

The aroma is hard to pinpoint and is barely noticeable. Some sweet bubblegum, strawberries, earthy hops, possibly vanilla sugar cookies. It might be good if it wasn't so hard to pick up.

Pretty flavorless. Like the nose, the taste is hard to pick up. Earthy hops remind me more of a Vienna lager rather than blonde. A mild sweetness is noticeable along with some floral notes, lavender perhaps. A clean finish leaves no lingering flavor. It's a bit too light and kind of missed the mark on blonde flavors.

Prickly medium carbonation amidst a smooth medium body. It's kind of hefty for the style, actually, nearing creaminess in its mouthfeel.

This one was a little light in both flavor and aroma for me, and the mismatched mouthfeel just created a drinking experience full of confusion. This one, I think, needs some tweaking.

Phelps, Dec 08, 2010

Camjmorton, Aug 27, 2013

IreRican, Sep 06, 2014
2.63/5  rDev -1.1%

A - A body of hazy orange with a head that needs some stamina. The white head that started out around a half inch faded very fast leaving merely a trace remnant.

S - Very lightly roasted malt aroma. This is a nice smelling blonde.

T - Sweet grain taste that might be a bit too sweet for my liking. There's an after-taste that reminds me of Corn Pops.

M - Very watery feel. Slight smoothness to it but certainly not nitro.

~ I'm not sure why this beer includes Nitro in its name. It's a carbonated brew. This isn't anything I'll ever drink again and I would not recommend this brew to a friend.

cdkrenz, Oct 26, 2010