Goggle Fogger Hefe Weizen - Fat Heads Brewery & Saloon

No picture uploaded.

Fat Heads Brewery & Saloon visit their website
Ohio, United States

Hefeweizen |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: adamette on 09-26-2009)

athouve1, Nov 19, 2011

Spider889, Nov 14, 2011

Mkocmit, Jun 13, 2014
4.88/5  rDev +22.6%

The God's of Balance came down and spread their graces upon this one! A totally spot on brew for the style and perhaps the most authentic stateside "Hefe" I've had in quite a while. If they have this in the line-up do yourself a favor and grab one or two,nicely crafted flavorful brew!

btorsdog, Jan 22, 2011
4.75/5  rDev +19.3%

Appearance - The appearance certainly reminds us that this is a Hefeweizen. A sour-looking cidery yellow and green. Opaque and cloudy without looking murky at all. Looks absolutely delicious.

Smell - Aromas of light apple and banana. A bready Belgian nose upfront. Pleasant, but not overpowering.

Taste - Wow, not what I was expecting. Complex and lightly sour apple slides into fresh bananas. The fruits then slide into a sweet malty back. Wheaty, but not too grassy or overdone with earth-tones. A multitude of flavors. I was very impressed with this beer.

Mouthfeel and Drinkability - Light, springy, with some thickness in the consistency. Lightly sour bananas and apples. Really, really nice.

Jesse13713, Jun 30, 2012

Savage, Jul 11, 2013

Colleen21, Jun 23, 2014
4.45/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

A- Pours a super hazy amberish orange color with a nice foamy white head. Head has really good retention and leaves some very nice lacing.

S- This is exactly how I like my Hefes. Smacked in the face with a ton of banana, clove and bubblegum. I touch of wheat and a bit of yeast.

T- Bananas, cloves, and bubblegum all over the place. Nothing else really needs to be said. This is awesome.

M- Lighter side in body and carbonation was good.

O- Really really impressed with this one. I gotta give a shout out to Seth for telling me to get this one. I probably would of over looked this one for sure, but instead made this one my second brew of our trip.

nrbw23, May 23, 2011
4.45/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

On tap at Fat Heads. I can't believe I never ordered one of these before - if you're doing research to see what to get on your trip to Fat Heads, make this one of your must orders!

The beer arrived in a half liter imperial pint glass. It's stunning in appearance - great orange-tinged, hazy bright yellow with nice, no, make that great head retention and lace. Just short of perfection.

Before I put my nose close to the beer I can already sense the yeasty esters are going to be intense and pleasant. Upon closer inspection, I get tons of banana and clove. Holy smokes, this is fantastic smelling, one of the better American takes on the style I've ever experienced. Just a touch of wheat graininess and herbal hops as well, but the yeast is clearly the star of the show.

Oh. My. This is perhaps one of the best, freshest American hefeweizens I've ever had. It's done in the traditional style for the most part but really shines with a freshness you can only get from a domestic brewery. Bannana, clove, bubblegum, and a nice sweet finish. Reminds me of Aventinus' bubblegum mixed with Weinhenstephaner's banana, citrus, and bread. Wow. I have a new go-to when I'm at Fat Heads! This is just a hair short of perfection in the taste department. Just a touch more flavor and we'd have a 5!

The mouthfeel makes the taste even better. Creamy low carbonation gives the beer a lighter and refreshing feel that it's medium body couldn't pull off on its own. A clean finish with lingering sweetness makes it the complete package. This is a really, really nice beer. I'm stunned at how many times I've passed this over. Don't miss out, give it a shot!

jampics2, Sep 29, 2010
4.35/5  rDev +9.3%

A-cloudy yellow with a thick sturdy head

S-smells like spicy german wheats and banana. good strong scent!

T-comes in with a smooth and slightly bitter taste of quality spicy german wheats. its actually a pretty impressive taste though clearly not authentic. matching after-taste.

M-creamy medium carbonation with a semi-dry finish

O-usually when i get a hefe from a small american micro brewery, i expect it to be more of an american pale wheat ale. this tasted as close to an authentic hefe as any american hefe i've had. it was awesome tasting and cheap and i recommend this to any hefe fan.

AdamBear, Apr 24, 2012