Apple Pie - Rocky Mountain Brewing

No picture.

pDev: n/a
Rocky Mountain Brewing
Colorado, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  ABV ?

Beer added by: rye726 on 09-18-2011

to view more.
Ratings: 9 | Reviews: 4
3.26/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Considered a malt substitute beer. No head, high ABV OF 14%. Tastes more of liquor than beer. Follows through with the appeal of Apple pie. Tastes clean and light with an amber appearance. Tastes better when just below room temperature, slightly chilled. After taste is definitely delicious, more so than initial tasting. Also should note I purchased this in a mason jar.

4.36/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4.5

I heard about this beer/brewery the first night at GABF in Denver. We made our way over to them and tried all 4. Blown away is the easiest way to put it....

This beer really tastes just like an Apple pie. I was only disappointed that I didn't have ice cream with it.

Look is cloudy yellow with zizzy head
smelled like perfection. I gave it a 5 for a reason.
Taste- APPLE with cream.
mouth feel- Lots of carbonization to me. enough that I couldn't drink it all night.
overall a great beer. it made my top 10 beers for the event out of over 250 beers.

4.07/5  rDev n/a
look: 1.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Pours a clear, gold color. No head, no retention, and poor lacing. Smells of nutmeg, sweet malt, hint of grain, slight apple, and a hint of cinnamon. Fits the style of an Fruit / Vegetable beer. Mouth feel is smooth and clean, with an average carbonation level. Tastes of apple, cinnamon, hint of nutmeg, sweet malt, and a hint of bread. Overall, bad appearance, but good aroma, feel, blend, and body. Almost all of the 'food' flavored beers I've had do not realistically match the 'food'. This apple pie beer is another story, it is almost uncanny how closely this resembled actual apple pie.

4.32/5  rDev n/a

Another really cool pie themed beer from Rocky Mountain Brewing company. Pours a golden color with a nice white head. This has everything I look for in an apple pie, let alone an apple pie beer. Cinnamon, Graham cracker crust and apples. Crisp body drinks great. I could enjoy one of these anytime. Can't wait to see what they come up with next!

to view more.
Apple Pie from Rocky Mountain Brewing
- out of 100 based on 9 ratings.