Fischer Tradition Amber - Brasserie Fischer / Fischer Biere d' Alsace

poor

Brasserie Fischer / Fischer Biere d' Alsace visit their website
France

Euro Dark Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-22-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Fischer Tradition Amber Alström Bros
stouty5

moneyfunnel

04-28-2012 03:41:45 | More by moneyfunnel
pwulibarri

4.7/5  rDev +61%

I love this beer - 750ml bottle. I believe it is a 9% beer and is fairly available. Nice kick. Head is a bit weak, but it makes up for it in taste. Nice amber appearance. Smell is slightly sweet. For an amber the mouthfeel is light. The drinkability very smooth.

08-02-2007 00:26:44 | More by pwulibarri
rdorsey30

Georgia

4.48/5  rDev +53.4%

I ordered this beer not knowing what I was getting. When it was brought to me it was in a swing top bottle. 5/26/12

I thought it had a strange smell at first but the aroma became smoother after tasting it. It had a very light amber color and it produced a nice amount of head.

I enjoyed this beer very much.

05-30-2012 02:42:01 | More by rdorsey30
wizzle

4.25/5  rDev +45.5%

I love Fischer Amber. Poured from a 22 oz into a pint glass. Rich golden/coppery color. Average head. Lots of spicy herbs on the nose. From Alsace so it actually reminds me a little bit of a big spicy Gewurztraminer. Solid depth of flavor and just totally drinkable. Sadly the price is just too high these days for what it is - a solid beer that is totally food friendly and a pleasure to quaff.

10-07-2008 20:38:55 | More by wizzle
Joefisherman

4.25/5  rDev +45.5%

06-24-2012 15:08:12 | More by Joefisherman
garymuchow

4.2/5  rDev +43.8%

Boy, compared to other reviews it seems like we are drinking different beers. I like this beer quite a bit. Aroma had a nice mix with a full malt aroma followed by a nice European hop aroma. Really a nice aroma. Poured with a big full head, nice amber color and clear. Nice lacing, even on repours. Taste is lighter overall, especially initially (gets heavier later) and compared to the aroma. Mostly malty and nice hops for balancing, yet becomes more complex as consummed. The taste moves to a little dryness, then even goes to some bitterness. Has a sense of richness without being heavy. Some hard water qualities too. Seems like a fairly complex beer for a lager. Thinner to medium mouthfeel, yet richness makes it seem fuller. Lighter carbonation overall. Even with the richness and complexity still a easy drinking beer if need be, or could be a slower drinker too. Refreshing qualities of a lager. And finally the bottle offers a good resource for home brewers. This beer was easily worth the money spent.

01-10-2003 19:46:18 | More by garymuchow
Paulie1965

4.18/5  rDev +43.2%

When I opened the bottle got a nice aroma. Nice smooth taste and nice even taste on my palet. I would recommend this to any beer drinker.

I received a 30 beer from around the world from my mom. So far so good and I will definetly rate all of them as I drink them.

07-15-2012 02:14:41 | More by Paulie1965
AtrumAnimus

4.13/5  rDev +41.4%

Head stays put various bubbles like a Swiss cheese falling away to lace on the glass. The color is cherry amber. The nose is very week but has distinct hops and a hint of malt. The flavor is nearly exceptional. Effervescences is little tiny bubbles that continuously stream throughout the beer. The Malt is a mixture of fruity notes with champagne like taste in the undertones. The palate is pleased and satisfied. There is nearly no aftertaste what so ever. 99.9% clean. I used to believe the French should stick to wine the 1st time I tried Fischer. That must have been an old batch. I am very pleased and will definitely buy this one again (I should have bought more - Mentally kicking myself).

01-17-2003 14:18:38 | More by AtrumAnimus
xXTequila

4.13/5  rDev +41.4%

This is my first french beer and I was expecting something alittle lighter tasting. Dark amber with a thick white head that left thick lace down the sides of the glass. Sweet malt and a even hopiness with a clean/dry ending. The champagne like pop of the stopper added to the novelty of trying this beer.

05-06-2002 10:24:03 | More by xXTequila
NeroFiddled

4.08/5  rDev +39.7%

Its crystal clear amber body reveals golden highlights when held to the light; and it holds its creamy off-white head fairly well leaving thin splashes of lace as it goes. The nose is distinctly malty, caramelish and somewhat nutty. The body is medium and it's very fine carbonation leaves it lightly crisp and then somewhat creamy in the mouth. The maltiness returns to dominate the flavor although some fruitiness and a bit of ethyl acetate make their way through as well. It's balanced towards maltiness with a sublime bitterness yet it still finishes fairly dry. Quite enjoyable, and probably quite nice with some hard cheese and crusty bread.

10-24-2003 21:56:05 | More by NeroFiddled
HollandTunnels

01-05-2013 12:21:05 | More by HollandTunnels
karst

Missouri

Showy amber with light copper tinged deep gold with an outstanding dense persistant pillow of ivory head that produces showy lace and rings for each quaff from the Flying Monkey pint glass. Held to the clear mid morning Missouri Spring light it matches the beauty of the day.

Generic bready malts with background of Belgian biscuit malt and mild dose of Crystal - 60°L specialites. Much cleaner tasting than I expected (due to cold lagering?)

Flavor is well balanced and the moderate caramel is easily cleaned up with the bitterness. Slightly harsh (ethyl acetate) peaks out briefly. But mostly an clean well made amber that finishes slightly bitter. Medium light body with moderately higher carbonation for style.

As I finish the 22 oz swing top bottle of Biered'Alsace and wonder what cathedral adornes the neck label and is embossed on the bottle - I feel like I have found a new friend - a very drinkable amber

02-21-2007 16:58:25 | More by karst
jaredkc889

08-03-2014 21:37:10 | More by jaredkc889
polopaul20

01-08-2014 18:16:01 | More by polopaul20
BeerResearcher

I guess I'm in the minority here for liking this beer, but I can't help it...it's good...not great - good. It pours a tannish amber and holds a firm and rocky head with some trails and sticky lace. The malt aroma works itself through a mildly sulfuric hop smell. The full malt body is lightly caramel sweet. The hops provide and lime-like, lightly metallic and a faint tea-like qualities. A light mineral taste is noticed throughout. This is a balanced brew that finishes clean. Nice recapable bottle!

09-20-2003 14:29:23 | More by BeerResearcher
mcsquint

Missouri

Poured from the beautiful 22oz flip-top bottle into mug.
A - Medium golden color with 2 finger white, foamy head which disspated,leaving a nice lacing.
S - Malt and fruit aroma
T - Malty taste with fruit. Just enough hops to balance out the finish.
M - Medium bodied with just the right amount of carbonation. If I didn't know better I would think it was poured from a tap.
D - This is a very drinkable beer. It goes well with food. If there is no food around, pour another bottle!

09-24-2008 19:44:47 | More by mcsquint
MerkinMan

Georgia

3.98/5  rDev +36.3%

After I typed the following review, I looked at some of the others and noticed that many people found this beer to be bad. That was surprising to me until I remembered having bad bottles of this beer also. Maybe I lucked out with a good one today:

A: nice amber brown color; very clear; little head, though poured moderately hard.

S: Nice fruity aroma. Fresh malt and hop smells too. This is a good smelling beer.

T: Very balanced malt / hop character. Tastes similar to a traditional British bitter, very nice. Balanced, yet complex.

M: A little thin, but not at all bad.

D: A very drinkable beer, especially for the price. I think I paid $1.99 for a single.

03-15-2008 21:18:25 | More by MerkinMan
mpyle

3.98/5  rDev +36.3%

App - Rich gold/pale amber color. Large, foamy white head with good retention.

Aroma - weak noble hop aroma, some spice (pepper). Generally quite clean.

Flavor - Biscuity, malt flavor initially, some slightly peppery, slightly cider sweet flavors. Lingering bitter, slightly spicy finish.

MF - Medium body and med-high carbonation. No astringency or warming

D'abilty - Clean drinking, slightly Belgian styled beer (though it was an ale while drinking).

12-28-2008 21:20:13 | More by mpyle
jeffjfindley

3.9/5  rDev +33.6%

Light amber. As light as I've seen with a great head that displays respectable tenacity. Smell suggests little more than the fact that this is indeed beer. I didn't find the taste to beer nearly as metallic as some have suggested, and this is something that I'm very sensitive to, as I can't stand rusty tasting beer. I found it to be quite nice. It's definitely a light amber, with a crisp, refreshing character that I enjoy quite a lot. They server this at Firefly, on of my favorite restaurants in Pasadena, and I've had it with several entrees and have found it to be very versatile. Light caramel malt with a nice hop finish, pleasing mouthfeel, and yes, very drinkable.

05-01-2007 04:30:49 | More by jeffjfindley
86MonteSS

Connecticut

3.88/5  rDev +32.9%

This beer does the fruity flavor very well. A glassy taste was the first thing I noticed, but it quickly went away.

The appearance is ultimately golden but it wants to be amber.

The head didn't last long but it covered the sides of my glass.

I'd say the first thing that comes to mind in describing the taste is apples. I don't know how or why, but... apples.

Altogether a delicately flavorful beer. And of course, a nod to the stylish bottle, which blasted me in the face when I loosened the top. It's lucky I didn't smash it, the piece o' crap....

05-20-2003 21:01:32 | More by 86MonteSS
bewareOFpenguin

3.85/5  rDev +31.8%

The way I remembered Grolsch as a teenager. The swing cap makes for a good reseal, but hey, who's resealing? Poured a nice light amber color, had a refined hops taste, but the sweetness was still there. Not my kind of style, but still very drinkable. I'd hate to drink too much of this, it must taste terrible coming up.

12-16-2002 06:24:01 | More by bewareOFpenguin
JohnnyM2002

3.85/5  rDev +31.8%

This is a delicious beer! First, it has a light, golden color with a long-lasting head. The Fischer has a fruity (maybe apple) smell that only gets better as the beer goes down.

As far as taste goes, it's very light, smooth, and the fruity aftertaste lingers. Feels great in the mouth and it is a very drinkable beer. I would definitely pick this up again!

03-01-2006 02:47:10 | More by JohnnyM2002