Fischer Tradition Amber - Brasserie Fischer / Fischer Biere d' Alsace

Fischer Tradition AmberFischer Tradition Amber

Brasserie Fischer / Fischer Biere d' Alsace visit their website

Euro Dark Lager |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-22-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Fischer Tradition Amber Alström Bros
4.65/5  rDev +60.3%

I love this beer - 750ml bottle. I believe it is a 9% beer and is fairly available. Nice kick. Head is a bit weak, but it makes up for it in taste. Nice amber appearance. Smell is slightly sweet. For an amber the mouthfeel is light. The drinkability very smooth.

4.48/5  rDev +54.5%

I ordered this beer not knowing what I was getting. When it was brought to me it was in a swing top bottle. 5/26/12

I thought it had a strange smell at first but the aroma became smoother after tasting it. It had a very light amber color and it produced a nice amount of head.

I enjoyed this beer very much.

4.22/5  rDev +45.5%

Boy, compared to other reviews it seems like we are drinking different beers. I like this beer quite a bit. Aroma had a nice mix with a full malt aroma followed by a nice European hop aroma. Really a nice aroma. Poured with a big full head, nice amber color and clear. Nice lacing, even on repours. Taste is lighter overall, especially initially (gets heavier later) and compared to the aroma. Mostly malty and nice hops for balancing, yet becomes more complex as consummed. The taste moves to a little dryness, then even goes to some bitterness. Has a sense of richness without being heavy. Some hard water qualities too. Seems like a fairly complex beer for a lager. Thinner to medium mouthfeel, yet richness makes it seem fuller. Lighter carbonation overall. Even with the richness and complexity still a easy drinking beer if need be, or could be a slower drinker too. Refreshing qualities of a lager. And finally the bottle offers a good resource for home brewers. This beer was easily worth the money spent.

4.2/5  rDev +44.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 5

I love Fischer Amber. Poured from a 22 oz into a pint glass. Rich golden/coppery color. Average head. Lots of spicy herbs on the nose. From Alsace so it actually reminds me a little bit of a big spicy Gewurztraminer. Solid depth of flavor and just totally drinkable. Sadly the price is just too high these days for what it is - a solid beer that is totally food friendly and a pleasure to quaff.

4.18/5  rDev +44.1%

When I opened the bottle got a nice aroma. Nice smooth taste and nice even taste on my palet. I would recommend this to any beer drinker.

I received a 30 beer from around the world from my mom. So far so good and I will definetly rate all of them as I drink them.

4.13/5  rDev +42.4%

This is my first french beer and I was expecting something alittle lighter tasting. Dark amber with a thick white head that left thick lace down the sides of the glass. Sweet malt and a even hopiness with a clean/dry ending. The champagne like pop of the stopper added to the novelty of trying this beer.

4.07/5  rDev +40.3%

Its crystal clear amber body reveals golden highlights when held to the light; and it holds its creamy off-white head fairly well leaving thin splashes of lace as it goes. The nose is distinctly malty, caramelish and somewhat nutty. The body is medium and it's very fine carbonation leaves it lightly crisp and then somewhat creamy in the mouth. The maltiness returns to dominate the flavor although some fruitiness and a bit of ethyl acetate make their way through as well. It's balanced towards maltiness with a sublime bitterness yet it still finishes fairly dry. Quite enjoyable, and probably quite nice with some hard cheese and crusty bread.

4.06/5  rDev +40%

Head stays put various bubbles like a Swiss cheese falling away to lace on the glass. The color is cherry amber. The nose is very week but has distinct hops and a hint of malt. The flavor is nearly exceptional. Effervescences is little tiny bubbles that continuously stream throughout the beer. The Malt is a mixture of fruity notes with champagne like taste in the undertones. The palate is pleased and satisfied. There is nearly no aftertaste what so ever. 99.9% clean. I used to believe the French should stick to wine the 1st time I tried Fischer. That must have been an old batch. I am very pleased and will definitely buy this one again (I should have bought more - Mentally kicking myself).

I guess I'm in the minority here for liking this beer, but I can't help's good...not great - good. It pours a tannish amber and holds a firm and rocky head with some trails and sticky lace. The malt aroma works itself through a mildly sulfuric hop smell. The full malt body is lightly caramel sweet. The hops provide and lime-like, lightly metallic and a faint tea-like qualities. A light mineral taste is noticed throughout. This is a balanced brew that finishes clean. Nice recapable bottle!

Poured from the beautiful 22oz flip-top bottle into mug.
A - Medium golden color with 2 finger white, foamy head which disspated,leaving a nice lacing.
S - Malt and fruit aroma
T - Malty taste with fruit. Just enough hops to balance out the finish.
M - Medium bodied with just the right amount of carbonation. If I didn't know better I would think it was poured from a tap.
D - This is a very drinkable beer. It goes well with food. If there is no food around, pour another bottle!

3.99/5  rDev +37.6%

After I typed the following review, I looked at some of the others and noticed that many people found this beer to be bad. That was surprising to me until I remembered having bad bottles of this beer also. Maybe I lucked out with a good one today:

A: nice amber brown color; very clear; little head, though poured moderately hard.

S: Nice fruity aroma. Fresh malt and hop smells too. This is a good smelling beer.

T: Very balanced malt / hop character. Tastes similar to a traditional British bitter, very nice. Balanced, yet complex.

M: A little thin, but not at all bad.

D: A very drinkable beer, especially for the price. I think I paid $1.99 for a single.

3.98/5  rDev +37.2%

Showy amber with light copper tinged deep gold with an outstanding dense persistant pillow of ivory head that produces showy lace and rings for each quaff from the Flying Monkey pint glass. Held to the clear mid morning Missouri Spring light it matches the beauty of the day.

Generic bready malts with background of Belgian biscuit malt and mild dose of Crystal - 60°L specialites. Much cleaner tasting than I expected (due to cold lagering?)

Flavor is well balanced and the moderate caramel is easily cleaned up with the bitterness. Slightly harsh (ethyl acetate) peaks out briefly. But mostly an clean well made amber that finishes slightly bitter. Medium light body with moderately higher carbonation for style.

As I finish the 22 oz swing top bottle of Biered'Alsace and wonder what cathedral adornes the neck label and is embossed on the bottle - I feel like I have found a new friend - a very drinkable amber

3.97/5  rDev +36.9%

App - Rich gold/pale amber color. Large, foamy white head with good retention.

Aroma - weak noble hop aroma, some spice (pepper). Generally quite clean.

Flavor - Biscuity, malt flavor initially, some slightly peppery, slightly cider sweet flavors. Lingering bitter, slightly spicy finish.

MF - Medium body and med-high carbonation. No astringency or warming

D'abilty - Clean drinking, slightly Belgian styled beer (though it was an ale while drinking).

3.88/5  rDev +33.8%

Light amber. As light as I've seen with a great head that displays respectable tenacity. Smell suggests little more than the fact that this is indeed beer. I didn't find the taste to beer nearly as metallic as some have suggested, and this is something that I'm very sensitive to, as I can't stand rusty tasting beer. I found it to be quite nice. It's definitely a light amber, with a crisp, refreshing character that I enjoy quite a lot. They server this at Firefly, on of my favorite restaurants in Pasadena, and I've had it with several entrees and have found it to be very versatile. Light caramel malt with a nice hop finish, pleasing mouthfeel, and yes, very drinkable.

3.85/5  rDev +32.8%

The way I remembered Grolsch as a teenager. The swing cap makes for a good reseal, but hey, who's resealing? Poured a nice light amber color, had a refined hops taste, but the sweetness was still there. Not my kind of style, but still very drinkable. I'd hate to drink too much of this, it must taste terrible coming up.

3.85/5  rDev +32.8%

This beer does the fruity flavor very well. A glassy taste was the first thing I noticed, but it quickly went away.

The appearance is ultimately golden but it wants to be amber.

The head didn't last long but it covered the sides of my glass.

I'd say the first thing that comes to mind in describing the taste is apples. I don't know how or why, but... apples.

Altogether a delicately flavorful beer. And of course, a nod to the stylish bottle, which blasted me in the face when I loosened the top. It's lucky I didn't smash it, the piece o' crap....

3.84/5  rDev +32.4%

This is a delicious beer! First, it has a light, golden color with a long-lasting head. The Fischer has a fruity (maybe apple) smell that only gets better as the beer goes down.

As far as taste goes, it's very light, smooth, and the fruity aftertaste lingers. Feels great in the mouth and it is a very drinkable beer. I would definitely pick this up again!

3.8/5  rDev +31%

POP! goes the swing top!
Poured from big bottle to a Fischer Alsace steamed glass. The liquid is a cloudy amber almost brownish yellow. Good carbonation, and a 2 finger rocky head. Fades fast not much lace.

The smell is of alcohol smothered by malt.

The taste is vary malty a sweet malt, quite the malt bomb infact, drinks much like a triple. Not much bitter if any and no bite.

The mouthfeel is thin, light body, lots of carbonation.

The drinkability is good but not great. Even though it is evident that my French Alsacian brothers from the other side of our river know what they are doing, I will not be singing Mademoiselle from Armenteers.
No I will stick to Duetschland Duetschland Uber Alles. Prosit, MK

3.8/5  rDev +31%

Poured from a 12oz. bottle, into a pint glass. The beer poured a clear yellow, settling to a light amber. 1/2 inch head, that quickly faded, leaving decent lacing on the glass. The smell, what is present, is mostly sweet, with little else detectable. The taste is sweet, with the hops coming out towards the end. Light mouthfeel, just right for a lager. A tasty brew, but not the type that I could drink several of at one time. Worth a try though.

3.78/5  rDev +30.3%

Pours a clear light copper with a nice tan head. Sheets of lace drape the glass. This is a good looking brew.

Smells of sweet malt and grassy hops. This is a pretty fragrant beer.

The taste is pretty mild, although there is a nice balance of sweetness and bitterness.

The mouthfeel is thin and refreshing. This is what most macro beers should aspire to be: refreshing and flavorful.

For a country known for its wine and champagne, not a bad effort for beer. I really enjoyed this beer. I could down a few of these in one sitting and not think twice about it.

3.78/5  rDev +30.3%

Not bad. A dark reddish colour amber, just as the name states. Pleasant smell with a bit of carmel, which I like, and a bit of grassiness, which I don't like. The taste is smooth, almost faintly creamy. A tiny bit of the grass in the smell shows up in the taste, however. Not enough grass in smell or taste to totally discourage me, though. There is a small amout of carbonation to this brew over what I typically allow for myself. Again however,as with the grassy smell and taste, there isn't enough carbonation over my personal limit to completely ruin this for me. Overall, I say this one has much room for improvement, but I still like it all the same. I think I'd buy it again.

3.75/5  rDev +29.3%

Appearance: Dark gold body with enthusiastic carbonation. Two-finger collar of foam leaves a nice lace with approximately 75% coverage in a large fish-eye pattern. Many floaties toward bottom quarter of glass

Aroma: The ultimate oxymoron...light and bright, yet earthy at the same time

Taste: Complex malty foretaste gives way to effervescent carbonation and a delicate hop finish...nicely done!

Mouthfeel: Full malt feel with a decent CO² level...finishes slightly hoppy and a bit slick

Drinkability: Glad I tried turned out to be much better than anything I could have expected

3.68/5  rDev +26.9%

Presentation: 22 oz brown flip top with raised glass designs. No freshness date.

Appearance: Crystal clear tawny amber with a thick rocky head that holds up like a champ all the way down to the bottom of the glass.

Smell: Subtle hoppy twang and lots of sweet grain in the nose with hints of apple peel and caramel.

Taste: Moderately bodied with a crisp biting carbonation that helps emphasize the hop bitterness. Clean palate and on the dry side. Mild cidery apple twang and a mouthful of clean grain are the forefront of this brew. Hops linger with the amongst the apple like fruitiness far into the finish.

Notes: A good brew to wash down nearly any kind of cuisine or even to drink as a session brew. A flavourful lager to experience, glad I had a chance to. Flavours are level and well formed, give this one a try.

3.68/5  rDev +26.9%

This is light and simple but tasty and drinkable.

Light amber and bubbly, it has a big, off-white head that soon shrinks to thin foamy top and a little weak lace.

The aroma is dried grain, honey, herbs, grass, leaves, hints of minerals and grapefruit.

The taste is a good, basic lager with a decent, zesty-hoppy pine and herbal finish. The taste has breadcrust, hints of wine and pine, herb and citrus, but all light and with a definite, thin, mineral0-water quality and body. It is, however, very pleasant and fairly refreshing.

3.66/5  rDev +26.2%

This poured a clear and golden orange color. Small amount of bubbles seem to slowly rise up to join the small filmy head. The aroma is weak, but has some slight grainy character. Also, has winey and fruity notes. An orange spiciness becomes evident as the beer warms. The taste is light, piquant, winey and has some berry tartness. I am reminded of a sweet and sour lemonade as I drink this. The finish is bittersweet and savory. Very easy to drink.

Fischer Tradition Amber from Brasserie Fischer / Fischer Biere d' Alsace