Get FREE shipping on all US orders of $25 or more from the BeerAdvocate Store.

No promo code required. Offer valid through 4/30.

Ready to gear up? Start shopping →

Added by Tilley4 on 07-07-2009

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 4
Reviews by donniecuffs:
4.77/5  rDev +17.5%

Finally found my notes from Savor. This review is culled from those notes, since even though I remember being impressed by the beer, I wanted to do it justice in the review...

Poured a cloudy golden color, with little carbonation, and a surprisingly thick white head that laced fairly well. Fairly surprising for a bottled hefeweizen. The aroma was an excellent mix of cloves, bubble gum, banana, tangerine, and pink grapefruit, and the taste more than confirmed all of this, with a big round-bodied start that finished softly and left a pleasantly balanced fruit/bitter aftertaste. If I had the opportunity, I would probably drink these all night. One of the best hefeweizens I've had in a long time. I'm VERY surprised at how few reviews have been written about this beer, and am praying for a miracle that somehow this place's distribution expands its purview to NJ.

3.75/5  rDev -7.6%

3.45/5  rDev -15%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

I can't believe I'm the first person to review this... Walked into a local pizza parlor hoping they still had the brown ale on but this was the offering so I went with it..

Arrives a cloudy murky golden with no head at all... A little lacing on the pilsner glass...

Pretty good Hefe aroma... Nothing earth shattering but it has it the right components....Bananas, cloves, some citrusy spiciness...

Not a bad take on the style.. Its refreshing on a hot summer day... Again, nothing earth shattering but a decent enough take on the style...the citrus is quite noticeable as are the cloves...fairly thin mouthfeel. I wouldve liked a little more creaminess to this but oh well..

Glad I saw this and tried it.. I like their other stuff better but this isn't bad either..

Ghost River Hefeweizen from Ghost River Brewing
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.