Ghost River Hefeweizen - Ghost River Brewing

Ghost River Brewing visit their website
Tennessee, United States

Hefeweizen |  3.80% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: Tilley4 on 07-07-2009)
View: Beers (9) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by donniecuffs:
donniecuffs

4.8/5  rDev +20%

Finally found my notes from Savor. This review is culled from those notes, since even though I remember being impressed by the beer, I wanted to do it justice in the review...

Poured a cloudy golden color, with little carbonation, and a surprisingly thick white head that laced fairly well. Fairly surprising for a bottled hefeweizen. The aroma was an excellent mix of cloves, bubble gum, banana, tangerine, and pink grapefruit, and the taste more than confirmed all of this, with a big round-bodied start that finished softly and left a pleasantly balanced fruit/bitter aftertaste. If I had the opportunity, I would probably drink these all night. One of the best hefeweizens I've had in a long time. I'm VERY surprised at how few reviews have been written about this beer, and am praying for a miracle that somehow this place's distribution expands its purview to NJ.

09-25-2009 06:19:49 | More by donniecuffs

10-10-2013 03:39:23 | More by grahamboudreaux
Tilley4

Tennessee

3.45/5  rDev -13.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

I can't believe I'm the first person to review this... Walked into a local pizza parlor hoping they still had the brown ale on but this was the offering so I went with it..

Arrives a cloudy murky golden with no head at all... A little lacing on the pilsner glass...

Pretty good Hefe aroma... Nothing earth shattering but it has it the right components....Bananas, cloves, some citrusy spiciness...

Not a bad take on the style.. Its refreshing on a hot summer day... Again, nothing earth shattering but a decent enough take on the style...the citrus is quite noticeable as are the cloves...fairly thin mouthfeel. I wouldve liked a little more creaminess to this but oh well..

Glad I saw this and tried it.. I like their other stuff better but this isn't bad either..

07-07-2009 19:12:24 | More by Tilley4
Ghost River Hefeweizen from Ghost River Brewing
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.