Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Factory Beer
Brazil | website

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by DoubleJ on 12-01-2009

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by DoubleJ:
3.06/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This is one of the two beers offered by Factory Beer (the other is an unfilteed version of their lager). I drank a lot of this last night, but my notes are from the first 300 ml. On to the beer:

Served at -2 C, the pale yellow color and creamy head is what you might expect from the usual lager. This one does a better job of retenting its head though. Sure, most pale lagers look similar, but you can´t tell what´s in them until you smell it. It smells more like adjuncts like corn grits were used instead of 100% barely malt.

It tastes a little better than it smells. Yes, the corn grits are tasted. There´s also a spicy hoppiness and a light pale malt base. These flavors become more intense as the beer is allowed to warm. At -2 C, it´s almost like drinking ice water. Forget about those Coors Light comericals which claim to be the `coldest tasting beer in the world´, I can´t recall a beer that put my palate through so much freezing liquid....it actually put a little pain on my tongue.

It´s a passable lager overall. While it is better than the Brazilian macros like Skol, it´s closer to PBR than Pilsner Urquell. My friend told me that he likes the unflitered version better, but since I didn´t try that version, be your own judge.

Factory Beer Pilsen (Cristal) from Factory Beer
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.