Lot No3 India Pale Ale - Evolution Craft Brewing Company

Lot No3 India Pale AleLot No3 India Pale Ale

Evolution Craft Brewing Company visit their website
Maryland, United States

(Beer added by: lackenhauser on 09-19-2009)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lot No3 India Pale Ale Alström Bros
4.12/5  rDev +1.2%

Phranq, Aug 19, 2014
4.4/5  rDev +8.1%

myboyB, Aug 19, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +10.6%

Drank it from the bottle. It smelled alright but I thought it a tad weak on the nose. Then again, it may have been the high pollen day that was keeping me from smelling much. The taste, however, was quite strong and quite good. I got a lot of lemon and grapefruit out of it with some bitterness at the end but hardly anything over the top. Whether I get this or Lagunitas IPA at any given trip to the distributor depends on the price point.

MarkGamber, Aug 18, 2014

3.75/5  rDev -7.9%

Yellolab2010, Aug 12, 2014

dvanhandel, Aug 10, 2014
4.23/5  rDev +3.9%

The flesh is strong, but the mind is weak in this case. I was over at The Friendly Greek Bottle Shop on Wednesday and I needed to fill out a sixer, plus they are doing a tasting today (Friday) so I decided to do some market research.

Nothing was holding me back, so I nearly inverted the bottle to begin the pour. This worked in terms of creating a pseudo-cascade, as well as three-plus fingers of dense, tawny head with good retention, but it also caused what I call "teardrops" - when the head threatens to overflow the glass, but does not, however, droplets run down the side like tears down cheeks. The lacing that began to appear was both amazing and sticky as all get out, meaning that it would take a power washer to remove. Nose was simple - pine and caramel. That should be a street intersection for us hopheads! "Hey, baby, I'll meet you on the corner of Pine & Caramel at 5 o'clock, dig?" Color was an oh-so-slightly hazy Light Copper to Copper (SRM = > 13, < 17). Mouthfeel was medium, approaching creamy. The taste was not as intense as on the nose, but who cares? I was getting my hops fix, man. M'main man, Jimmy Ellroy, is getting ready to lay some of his sweet jazz, white or no, on us, and I suddenly needed a taste. There was a point, as a self-avowed hophead, that I couldn't get enuffa dem hops and I walked around with a howling monkey on my back. I slowly got right, but man, there are those times when I sink right back down into the hops morass, man, and this was one of them. The hops laid in with a cool breezy mintiness and I fell back, letting the bottle gently fall from my fingers. I inhaled deeply, letting the pine scent permeate my sinus cavity. Finish was semi-dry as the caramel malt decided to wake up and assert itself. Man, I was on a rocket to the moon! Jazz was roaring out of the hi-fi and I felt like I could reach out and touch every note. Baby, who needs sex when you got hops, right? Maybe that's why #TheOldLady doesn't totally dig my scene. She grooves on honey and while she's my Honey, she likes an application of the stinger every once in a while. Whoa, it just struck me like a bolt of lightning! If this is #3, who/what/why/how is # 6?!? I am # 10. You don't dig? Listen, man, I got a circus going on in my Brain Housing Group 24/7 and sometimes my reviews reflect my unreality. It's crazy, I know, but there is a subset of humanity who reads this and immediately latches on, Daddy-O. Hey, man, be cool. Be real cool, as cool as the beer in my glass and as cool as the mentholated flavor of # 3. Ask for it wherever and whenever better beers are sold. Check you in the alley, ' cause that's where I score.

woodychandler, Aug 08, 2014