Indra Kunindra - Ballast Point Brewing Company

Indra KunindraIndra Kunindra

good

Ballast Point Brewing Company visit their website

Foreign / Export Stout |  7.00% ABV

(Beer added by: HopHead84 on 06-06-2011)

4.9/5  rDev +32.8%

I. AM. IN. LOVE.

I can't get enough of a thick chewy stout and quite frankly anytime threatens my pallet I know I'm in for a good time. I purchased the flight of the three main pallet wreckers and went to town trampling my pallet into a stringent submission between the curry, the ginger and the chipotle. Of the three Indra Kunindra was the heavy weight. Not only was it thick and chewy the way I like my stouts it was hotter that the Red thai curry I had not only an hour beforehand. This was my first time at Ballast point and rest assured it will not be the last. Amazing. Why I can't buy a growlerfull is beyond me, it's as though they know I will misuse it somehow?
HOW DO THEY KNOW!? How!

*Also, bring your pets and bring food. ... Preferably Thai. You wont be disappointed.

*Oh yes, and bring me. I'll be needing more Indra Kunindra to smother all over my body.

4.88/5  rDev +32.2%

One of the craziest and most delicious beers I have ever had.

A: dark black with light amber hues when held to light with a thin tan head.

S: lots of coconut, roasted chicory, cayenne, cumin, curry spice. Coconut dominates.

T: Amazing. This tasted like Thai green curry, lots of coconut, like spices coconut milk, curry, a touch of heat at the end. Everything in a perfect balance. No flavor dominating.

M: Thick and chewy, milky, a satisfying stout body.

Overall: I wasn't going to buy this beer because quite frankly, it sounded disgusting, but the clerk at Holiday Wine cellar talked me into it and man am I glad he did. A crazy idea that totally came together and just worked. I split this bomber with a friend and we were blown away. A unique, and highly recommended brew if you can find it.

4.78/5  rDev +29.5%

A-black with a decent dark tan head that thins quickly

S-roasted coffee and definitely some indian smelling spices, the kinds i expect to smell in an Indian restaurant. seriously smells a bit like curry. i've never smelled a beer like this. its odd.

T-wow this is odd! this comes in with an extremely evident flavor of coconut curry. wow i can't believe this. the cocoa is minimal. then comes in a fairly heavy heat of indian peppers. its awesome. this is awesome. wow. the spice really has a kick that stays.

M-medium creamy carbonation with a crisp finish

O-this is just an awesome beer. i've never, ever had anything like this. i was expecting some sort of weird dogfish headesque concoction that is weird and okay, but doesn't quite flow right. but this flows right, very right. its so yummy! its something i can drink all night, i'll actually be craving this when its gone, i know so. the spice hits so well.

4.75/5  rDev +28.7%

Great beer. Definite taste of coconut curry and lime leaves.

Indra Kunindra from Ballast Point Brewing Company