Indra Kunindra - Ballast Point Brewing Company

good

Ballast Point Brewing Company visit their website

Foreign / Export Stout |  7.00% ABV

Beer added by: HopHead84 on 06-06-2011

This might have been the worst attempt at any beverage in the history of man. The mouthfeel (though spit up almost on consumption) was mouth full of spices that were balanced as if a deaf, dumb, blind, mute, Ethiopian wonderer grabbed a cabinet full of random dirt & attempted to make curry. The taste was 1 half sip away from vomitus. The appearance is as dark as night with a light stout head which is its only upside. I'm a US Marine & beer snob I'm quite aware, but I would not serve this "swill" to ISIS militants. That is how bad this product is. BP you are a top tier beer producer but on this you failed miserably. Please for the love of all beer drinkers everywhere take this urine off the shelves.

Appearance - Looks like any other normal stout, it's difficult to get a low appearance, just know they can be deceiving!

Smell - Curry, spice, I'm in an Indian restaurant drinking the pungent air

Taste - HUGE hit of spice and heat, cumin, masala?, almost a saltiness, savory beer

Feel - Almost painful, raw, overpowered

Overall - Folks have given this 5/5's, which don't exist for their grapefruit/habanero IPA.. which I LOVE. I thought that, after their habanero, this would just be the next step, unfortunately we just don't click. I see comments like "oh well if you don't like this, stick to Bud Lite". Get out of here. This is such a uniquely crafted beer, perhaps my palate will appreciate it in time, but as for now it just seems like a risk that didn't pay off. Take the money you'd spend on this and try any/all other B.P. brews before this, only then would I suggest taking the dive. Will revisit in time, 1/5.

I can't rate this beer low enough.

This POS beer….

Phaeggy hipster neck-beards try to claim they like it. A friend of mine was claiming it was effin great. Chit tasted like Indian food, beer chits, and sink water. No way a sane person thinks this chit is good. Was like torture. I threw up in my mouth and that actually freshened my breath and made me smile. Salvation. I felt like this beer went through a human centipede before they bottled it. Chit was nasty. I had to take an antacid after and my body went into explosive convulsions like those coke and mentos videos. Chit was repulsive. Like a newborns first chit mixed with garbage juice and sprinkled in bird poop. Never again. I refused to pour it put into my own sink, I poured it out in my arsehole neighbor’s yard and he had possum problems for weeks after.

Worst beer in the history of beers and I have drank a lot of beers.

One of the few drain pours I've had. One taste and you will be asking yourself what in god's name was the brewmaster thinking?

1.23/5  rDev -66.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Absolutely horrible. Taste like soy sauce and indian spice.

1.29/5  rDev -64.9%

Doopie brought this one out on beer night a few weeks back. Alrighty then...

From a bomber into a snifter
Basically described as an Indian curry in beer form

APPEARANCE: A clear brown pour yields a one finger, thinner, foamy, light tan head with lousy retention. Head quickly fades to a full wisp. Clear bistre brown with higher levels of carbonation. A ring and slight wisp remain leaving no real lacing on the glass. Quite light, foamy and carbonated for the style.

SMELL: Nasty. I guess Indian curry is what they wanted, but why in the name of _____ would someone want that? Lots of curry and cumin all over the place. A bit of coconut and chocolate try to fight their way through, but it’s dominated by the Indian spices. Basically liquid curry.

TASTE: What the hell. Whoever thought of this should be fired immediately. Don’t waste any time and start firing. Awful. Lots of curry and cumin spices up front with harsh and hot finish dominated by heat and spices. The horror just doesn’t quit. Again, mass firings should be the only publicized result of this endeavor. This burns and burns hard. We should consider blaming this brew for various ill-advised decisions our world leaders have made and will make concerning the running and administration of our planet, as well as every disastrous consequences of a major military operation since WWI. Even with this, we’re letting Indra off easy.

PALATE: Slightly thinner body and medium levels of carbonation. Half creamy on the palate, goes down fine with a big burn and rake to the back of the throat at the swallow and finishes with piles of spicy heat. Hot and hot just lingers forever. Reminds me of hot curry madness.

OVERALL: *Shrugs shoulders* As if someone would ever do this on purpose. To be sure, I actually like Indian food and can appreciate a touch more heat than your average bear, but this is probably the most exact and accurate representation of “mistake” in physical form on the planet. I can picture the beards sitting around and debating whether they should release this beer or not… “Well, this sucks, but we need to sell it, and since the vast majority of our other beers are pretty awesome, enough people will give us the benefit of the doubt and buy a bottle so we can sell it all, then they’ll try it and hate it, but they won’t give up on us because of the other awesome stuff.” Well, okay, you’re right. You guys are great, but this… the only logical consequence from this is extreme firings. Extreme mass firings.

1.29/5  rDev -64.9%

It is a terrible disaster.

1.36/5  rDev -63%

I should have read reviews before buying this. I'm clearly in the group of people who shouldn't have bought this. Maybe not the worst beer I've ever had but it's not a concoction I'll ever have again. Straight curry in my opinion.

1.39/5  rDev -62.2%

I did not like this beer at all, Curry smell was to much and the taste was a train wreck.
maybe It's because I'm not a fan of Indian food, but coming from Ballast Point I had to give it a try.

I was told a year on the shelf gives this beer a new life, but I'm really not trying to buy or smell this beer again lol

1.39/5  rDev -62.2%

As a fan of Russian Imperial Stouts I had to give this a try.
VERY strong on the curry...I am not a fan of curry.
This tasted like Gandi took a dump in an Old Rasputin.
Unless you really like Indian food and the spices used in it then stay away from this poison.

1.75/5  rDev -52.4%

There aren’t many things I regret in this life, but tasting this beer is one of them. Too overpowering and the aftertaste stays with you FOR-EV-ER!!! Tried chasing it down with some high quality H2O, but no luck. F- grade beer. Let's never speak of this beer again.

Execution - 5.
Drink ability - 1.

Tastes like a curry in a glass but it's impossible to actually drink. Might be worth cooking with...

1.84/5  rDev -50%