Indra Kunindra - Ballast Point Brewing Company

Beer added by: HopHead84 on 06-06-2011

3.92/5  rDev +6.2%

3.35/5  rDev -9.2%

4.75/5  rDev +28.7%

Appearance: Mild head retention, , nice lacing. Black with a light brown head.

Nose: Loads of cumin and curry, with a little pepper in the middle. Coconut smoothness.

Taste: Many Indian spices put together very nicely. Curry and spice at the end. Some very nice pepper hotness at the end. Blended perfectly. These are not easy spices to play around with. You get sweet, flavorful, spicy and bitter...in that order.

Notes: I reviewed this so highly because of the complexity and competence with which these spices were added.

3.25/5  rDev -11.9%

I can't rate this beer low enough.

This POS beer….

Phaeggy hipster neck-beards try to claim they like it. A friend of mine was claiming it was effin great. Chit tasted like Indian food, beer chits, and sink water. No way a sane person thinks this chit is good. Was like torture. I threw up in my mouth and that actually freshened my breath and made me smile. Salvation. I felt like this beer went through a human centipede before they bottled it. Chit was nasty. I had to take an antacid after and my body went into explosive convulsions like those coke and mentos videos. Chit was repulsive. Like a newborns first chit mixed with garbage juice and sprinkled in bird poop. Never again. I refused to pour it put into my own sink, I poured it out in my arsehole neighbor’s yard and he had possum problems for weeks after.

Worst beer in the history of beers and I have drank a lot of beers.

2.2/5  rDev -40.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2

Indra Kunindra: Awful Kunawful

3.8/5  rDev +3%

2.75/5  rDev -25.5%

3.75/5  rDev +1.6%

22 ounce bomber poured into a Belgian style tulip

A: Big coconut lots of spicy herbs, anise, lots going on, no roasted malt characters, really aromatic and complex, a lot aromas.

A: Black with a tan head, the head dissipated fairly quickly, has a nice color.

T: Coconut, anise, spicy herbs, getting some chili, dry, the spice lingers, no roasted malts.

M: Lots of carbonation, medium body, dry finish on the palate.

O: There's just too much going on for me with this beer, I love stouts, but there so much that I think it takes away from the stout characteristics. I think all the added flavors overwhelm what should be the main characteristics, the stout flavors, I love the chili and I noticed that as the beer warms the chili is more apparent, but all the other flavors are just too much.

4.25/5  rDev +15.2%

3.04/5  rDev -17.6%

4.02/5  rDev +8.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Indra Kunindra from Ballast Point Brewing Company