Sweep Boat Stout - Salmon River Brewery

No picture uploaded.

Salmon River Brewery visit their website
Idaho, United States

Irish Dry Stout |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: EliottJW on 08-25-2009)
Reviews by juhl31:
juhl31

3.2/5  rDev -7.5%

this was a beer that emily brought back from tour. she said the brewery was awesome and does beer and sushi. wowsers thats cool!

this was a week old growler so you can take that into account

-looked good enough. nice and dark with a light brown head. probably didnt retain as much due to growler status

-the smell was mostly smoky with some malt

-taste wasnt great for me. not a huge fan of the smoke, mesquite aspect and that was pretty much all it had to offer

-mouth was fine, clean enough w/o much carb

-as stated before i dont think i liked it a ton based on the smokiness, but it wasnt bad

08-25-2009 18:25:15 | More by juhl31
isualum12

Idaho

4.35/5  rDev +25.7%

I walked into Brewforia (http://brewforia.com/)the other day to grab a growler. I sampled this beer to start with and just fell for it. It was like the hot red head that just walked in the room, I was head over heels for it at first taste.

Smell was powerful with a definition carmel rolling.

It poured with a milk chocalate color head that sat on top for sometime.

I thought this beer was smooth with a touch to much carbonization on it. (reason it got a 4.0 instead of 4.5 on mouthfeel.) The carmel and butterscotch was strong but was a big reason that this beer tasted as if it were melting in my mouth.

I am really in love with this beer.

05-28-2011 21:11:09 | More by isualum12
EliottJW

2.83/5  rDev -18.2%

My sister brought this back in a growler that she got while her band was on tour... which is shaping up to be a massive avenue for me getting a lot of beer I wouldn't otherwise have access to. I should also point out that this was in the tour van for about a week, so I can't be entirely positive if this is at the same quality that it was when it was poured.

It looks solid enough poured into my pint glass. it's a deep brown, bordering on black with a thin head that goes away quickly. not a whole lot of lacing, but it's still attractive enough.

smells pretty solid too. roasty malts and just a touch of bitter hops and coffee.

taste is absolutely where it goes wrong. it's a bit roasty as it should be and, while it doesn't stick around for long, the aftertaste is nice with some roasted coffee sitting at the back of my tongue. really the biggest issue with this is a strange metallic flavor I'm getting. it ends up dominating pretty much everything.

mouth is far too watery as well. it's not terrible, but I'd like my stout to be a bit more creamy.

overall, pretty average as far as drinkability goes. I wouldn't be upset if someone bought me one of these at the bar.

08-25-2009 04:08:03 | More by EliottJW
Sweep Boat Stout from Salmon River Brewery
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.