2012 - JW Dover Beer & Wine Makers Supplies / Black Box Brewing Co.

20122012

good

JW Dover Beer & Wine Makers Supplies / Black Box Brewing Co. visit their website
Ohio, United States

Beer added by: schoolboy on 06-01-2013

to view more.
Ratings: 12 | Reviews: 1
Reviews by schoolboy:
3.92/5  rDev +13%

I found this pretty randomly today at an independent grocer in Mentor that has their beer stocked by a contractor. The beer says not to worry about 2012, they will continue to make it, and I hope this beer is more current than 2012, but I can't be certain.

I feel like I am very late to the party, but we survived the 2012 end of the world, after all.

The brew has a nice color but a weak head and little lacing. The smell is hoppy, duh. Appropriate for the style. A little funk in there too.

The taste shines from excellent hops, but the malts and yeast taste a bit over the hill. There is a bunch of hops bite, though, that works and again is what you want in this style.

The aftertaste has enough hops to cover up a bit of funk again. It especially lingers nice and bitter on the tongue. I probably would not buy this again, but I would recommend it to others as worth a taste before the end of the world.

to view more.
2012 from JW Dover Beer & Wine Makers Supplies / Black Box Brewing Co.