Tripel Karmeliet - Brouwerij Bosteels

Tripel KarmelietTripel Karmeliet

Brouwerij Bosteels visit their website

Tripel |  8.40% ABV

3 grains - barley, wheat, oat. Styrian hops.

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 04-27-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Tripel Karmeliet Alström Bros

4.5/5  rDev +5.1%

Poured from 750ml to snifter.

A- Has a nice deep orange hazy complexion. The cabonation is eveident from the first droplet lining the bottom of the glass. Pours to a nice 2 finger head.

S- It has a fresh fruit smell, I definatly smell some apple and citrus but it isn't overpowering like some Belgium's. Very crisp and fresh, but still very balanced.

T- This beer is amazing in my book. Immediatly as I start to drink it, I notice the carbonation like a champagne but it dies almost instantly once in my mouth. It then shifts to a very fresh and crisp taste that starts off with some citrus and friut, a little floral taste as well, then INSTANTLY dies to a nice---VERY NICE--bitterness and spice that I don't know how to describe. Maybe as I drink more beautiful beers and learn to recognize the different subtle undertones I might be able to describe them; but for now I simply cannot. My best attempt is...oatmeal/oregano/hops!!!

M- This beer starts of with cabonation but then becomes a nice full body, ending smooth.

D- I could drink this almost as a session beer it is so good. No joke. It is just fantastic, but at 8.4%...one should pace oneself if attempted!!!!

Overall----this is in my top 5 of all-time favorite beers. A must try for all beer lovers.

Cheers!

4.5/5  rDev +5.1%

Reviewed from some old notes and memory.

Appearance: Lightly golden and hazy. Moderate white, fluffy head that dissapears rather quickly and leaves a bit of lacing.

Smell: Fruity esters of apples and pears, some spice.

Taste: Pear skin, apple, some peppery spice and a slight hint of warming alcohol.

Mouthfeel: Light bodied and easy drinking for the abv, small bubbles and prickly carbonation.

Overall: I never thought I'd find a tripel that appealed to me but this is top-tier. It lacks the alcohol heat that ruins many other tripels for me. Drinks great on a summer evening.

Tripel Karmeliet from Brouwerij Bosteels