Tripel Karmeliet - Brouwerij Bosteels

Tripel KarmelietTripel Karmeliet

Brouwerij Bosteels visit their website

Tripel |  8.40% ABV

3 grains - barley, wheat, oat. Styrian hops.

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 04-27-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Tripel Karmeliet Alström Bros

Delish so good

Heaven in a bottle.

Golden color with a fuffy white head that slowly fades as you drink leaving a good amount of chunky lacing.

Smell is very pleasant. Spicy with a slight fruityness and a hint of grain and sweet malts. Corriander and possibly clove make a good showing.

Taste is superb. No trace of alcohol, starting slightly fruity with a slight sweetness. Fades off into a good spicy hop finish that doesn't dry out the mouth. No off flavors at all, just strictly solid flavors.

Best beer I've ever had. At 8% ABV it might not be a sessionable beer, but that won't stop me from having a few, now to find it in a closer location than Oregon.

I had the Tripel Karmeliet on tap at the Cheeky Monk in Denver when I flew out for GABF '09. I've had the it bottled before and enjoyed it, but on tap it just blew me away. This is my new favorite beer and I don't usually like Belgians.

I'm no pro at describing beers and why I like them. But here's my attempt:

The head was light and foamy.
The aroma was floral, fruity and slightly spicy.
The taste was so smooth and wonderful. It perfectly melded the malt and citrus taste together. I want to say it had a slight pear taste to it, but I'm horrible at picking out specific flavors. Either way, I greatly enjoyed it.

This tripel produces massive amounts of yellowish white head, and has champagne like carbonation to it. The body is slightly hazy and dark gold in color.

The aromas are fruity. I detect hints of apple and pear.

The taste is very inviting. It is very apple like, with hints of white grape. The taste also reminds me a bit of ginger ale.

This brew is very refreshing and altogether well balanced. It's also got the typical warm alcoholic quality to it.

Tripel Karmeliet from Brouwerij Bosteels