Buffalo Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal Stout - Buffalo Bill's Brewery

Buffalo Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal StoutBuffalo Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal Stout

good

Buffalo Bill's Brewery visit their website

Oatmeal Stout |  7.50% ABV

At 7.5% alcohol, this award-winning brew is a true winter warmer. Blueberry Oatmeal Stout has hints of chocolate, oatmeal and fresh blueberries. A wonderful pairing of flavors! Great for the holidays and for those who enjoy discovering new beers.

(Beer added by: dsa7783 on 12-22-2007)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Buffalo Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal Stout Alström Bros
3.28/5  rDev -0.6%

Pours a thin head on a black body.
The aroma is roasted malt and a hint of blueberry.
The taste starts with roasted malt, then some blueberry, chocolate and finishes with lemon bitterness.
The texture is crisp and fizzy.
The flavor is fine, the texture is too fizzy though.

3.4/5  rDev +3%

3.44/5  rDev +4.2%

4.21/5  rDev +27.6%

Quite dark with a think white head and solid carbination. Looked a bit like Coca-cola from afar. Blueberry's dominate the scent, and they are quite strong in the taste. The oatmeal and hoppiness balances out excellently. A tad heavy in the mouth, but goes down smooth and without an aftertaste.

A friend brought over a six pack and forgot it in my fridge. Quite a pleasant suprise and hey, it's tough to beat free beer!

4.25/5  rDev +28.8%

4.25/5  rDev +28.8%

3.93/5  rDev +19.1%

I visited Buffalo Bill's once, over the Holiday Break in 2005. I used to have a girlfriend who lived in Hayward when we were stationed in Alameda in the late-1980s. I awoke this morning, ready for my usual repast of oatmeal (maybe with blueberries, I have that) and coffee, only to realize that the dishwasher was running and all of the necessary utensils were inside of it! Desparate times call for desparate measures and so my day begins in earnest. Random thoughts at 0614 (Local, EDT).

From the bottle: "Handcrafted"; "oatmeal stout brewed with blueberries and natural flavor added".

A screw-top!?! Really?!? I just felt like I went to a lot of unnecessary work and to take out my frustration, I nearly inverted the bottle until I realized what I was doing. At base, it is a stout, so if you do not think that there was a pseudo-cascade going on, you are deluding yourself. It settled into a dense finger of deep-tan head that acted as a cap above the beer. Nose was very fruity, very blueberry, and while I do not enjoy them quite as much as when I was a kid, blueberry pie remains my favorite. Ah, sweet blueberries ... Color was a deep, dark-brown (SRM = 44), allowing ZERO light penetration. Mouthfeel was full, kind of creamy, dense with carbonation. The flavor was more blueberry than stout, so depending on your preference, it may or may not work for you. At this hour, it was working for me since I am positive that I would not have wanted a regular stout just now. The blueberry flavor was very evocative of summer and my youth and nostalgic drinking is one of my favorite things to do. Finish was semi-dry, since blueberries do not tend to be downright sweet anyway and when coupled with a non-sweet stout, they negated it being sweet. Very nice.

3.75/5  rDev +13.6%