Strawberry Blonde Ale - Buffalo Bill's Brewery

Strawberry Blonde AleStrawberry Blonde Ale

Buffalo Bill's Brewery visit their website

American Blonde Ale |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: DrDemento456 on 07-12-2012)
Reviews by lauries444:

lauries444, Sep 05, 2012
3.6/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Poured into a Sam Adams perfect pint glass.

Appearance: 1/3 inch head, gold in color, hazy, moderate carbonation

Smell: strawberry, English malt, and ginger

Taste: strawberry, English malt, touch of rhubarb--maybe, and ginger

Mouthfeel: sweet and spicy, moderate carbonation, medium bodied

Overall:Very interesting brew--complex sorta of like Brooklyn's the Concoction, but not as deep a flavor. You have to like ginger to like this one. I could probably do three or four on a hot summer's day.

tigg924, Nov 13, 2012

Janeinma, Jan 20, 2013

elBecko, Aug 31, 2012
2.83/5  rDev -12.7%

12oz bottle poured into a snifter. Enjoy by 120112.

A: Pours a slightly hazy golden straw with a puffy 2 finger head. Tons of visible carbonation shooting to the top. Doesnt leave much lacing.

S: A blend of strawberry and ginger that ends like ripe vomit.

T: Good strawberry ginger wheat like taste but not for me. Too sweet.

M: Good bubbly mouthfeel

Overall a tough one to finish a bottle of. Maybe left to those who do not like real beer.

CloudStrife, Oct 28, 2012
4.25/5  rDev +31.2%

cosgrovekatie, Jul 07, 2014
3.38/5  rDev +4.3%

While I was expecting a mostly clear beer, I was surprised to find a wheaty, wit-looking beer with a milky golden color. Fairly opaque. The only drawback was the lack of much head. It's thin to begin with and doesn't last long.

The smell is a nice combination of strawberry and wheat with a splash of ginger thrown in. It doesn't really smell like beer, smells more like candy but none of the scents are overpowering, they just work well together.

I generally don't care for the taste of ginger and in this beer it was no exception. While the smells worked well, the flavors didn't. The strawberry flavor is more an afterthought as the ginger steals its thunder. No hop presence.

For what it is, the feel is ok. Not necessarily a cold weather beer, but crisp and refreshing in a drink that would be suited for the warmer months. Lots of acid, but not terribly beer-like.

It's not a bad beer by any means, just has some characteristics that I don't care for. I'd like to try this again maybe in the summer and see if I liked it any more. A bit more alcohol would be appreciated.

RickS95, Dec 15, 2012
3.5/5  rDev +8%

trocketsauced, Jul 26, 2013

atlbravsrno1, Sep 02, 2014

timjim1327, Jul 24, 2013
3.75/5  rDev +15.7%

PaperWizard, Nov 16, 2012
3.65/5  rDev +12.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

(Previous review, transferred from beer journal)

Buffalo Bill's Strawberry Blonde with Ginger: Smell: light strawberry and wheat; Taste/Mouthfeel: very light strawberry, wheat, crisp ginger "burn", refreshing; good/pretty good

Had at the restaurant, poured into a pilsner glass

TruePerception, Aug 30, 2013
2.5/5  rDev -22.8%

Boatly, Jun 29, 2014
3.58/5  rDev +10.5%

Picked this one up tonight at Brewforia Meridian on the way home from work... Paid a pricey $2ish... but I am a sucker for strawberry brews. Poured into my slim tulip ... A decent white head dies pretty quickly... the brew is a slightly hazed light golden.

On the nose, the ginger sorta beats out the strawberry quite badly... the fruit is there, but is not nearly enough... some background pale maltiness helps carry the aromas.

Flavor is better than the aroma... decent fruitiness comes out mid palate... ginger is now the 2nd fiddle... again, a light maltiness delivers the flavors and makes for a fairly decent brew.

Body is light/medium... carbonation is fairly abundant and prickly..

I am surprised I like this one as much as I do... refreshing... expensive, but refreshing... I would certainly buy again as long as it is fresh.

3/3.5/3.5/3.5/4

tommy5, Oct 05, 2014
2.5/5  rDev -22.8%

jmccullough108, Oct 26, 2013
3.78/5  rDev +16.7%

Well I liked the Blueberry stout so I picked this one up in my mixed six. I guess it's like Pete's Wicked ale but with ginger.

Ow and another site said Brewed by Pyramid brewing? Not sure.

A - A hard pour produced a 1/4 inch of white head that quickly fizzes to a lace ring. Color is a bright golden yellow.

S - The Strawberries smell kind of candy like so I hope they have some level of tartness. Ginger is also picked up mixed in there. I smell little overall hops.

T - Well it's not bad I can't tell if the strawberries are real but they are not very distracting. Ginger gives it a snap mid palate providing a good balance with the wheat. Overall enjoyable.

M - Light to medium its easy to drink.

Overall it's a beer with mostly crisp ginger taste, wheat, and a mild body of Strawberries. Not bad in my book.

DrDemento456, Jul 12, 2012

mpalestino, Aug 30, 2013

bpop23, Oct 16, 2012

maryd837, Aug 19, 2012
4.23/5  rDev +30.6%

I had a chance to review their Blueberry Stout the other morning, so now I am (kind of) following it up with this one. It is interesting that it is a "Strawberry Blonde with Ginger" since strawberry blondes are a subset of redheads who are often referred to as "gingers". I am a big fan of redheads, being one myself and I look forward to this beer.

From the bottle: "a Refreshing Summer Brew".

I went with an aggro pour as I like to watch the pseudo-cascade take place, plus I do not mind massive amounts of head or the esters that it releases in its creation. It settled into two fingers of rocky, foaming, off-white head with decent retention. The nose was very sweet, initially, like strawberry candy, but when I leaned in, I got a solid whiff of ginger. Color was a solid golden-yellow (SRM = > 5, < 7) with NE-quality clarity and as my old nemeses, Croesus, Midas and Mammon appeared, I snatched it away to convey that this one was mine, all mine! Great lacing had begun to form as the head fell and I lifted the glass for my first sip. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium and the taste was extremely pleasant! The strawberry flavor was nowhere near as sweet as I had expected from the nose and the ginger was understated enough that I could taste it, but without overwhelming the strawberry. Finish was semi-sweet and about as perfect a Summer beer as I can imagine.

woodychandler, Jul 08, 2014