Osiris Pale Ale - Sun King Brewing Company

Osiris Pale AleOsiris Pale Ale

Sun King Brewing Company visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.60% ABV

(Beer added by: cnally on 08-22-2009)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Osiris Pale Ale Alström Bros

Pillowburn, Feb 12, 2013

fatstan, Apr 08, 2012

Redglimmer, Mar 04, 2012

jaidenjb, Jun 03, 2012

Klif, Jun 03, 2012

dfhhead25, May 23, 2014
2.6/5  rDev -34.7%

so, decided to open this one with a friend. it's been in my fridge for a month, I don't know if this negatively affects the beer or to what degree, but here's my review anyways.

It has no hop character (or its very muted).. I think it might be my california palette, but I expect my pale ales to have some degree of hoppiness (re: alpine hoppy birthday or even stone pale ale).

This did not deliver.

It's not an utter failure though, so I will still finish this can, but definitely color me "not impressed".

johndoe8, Feb 11, 2011
2.75/5  rDev -30.9%

aklude, Apr 12, 2014
2.75/5  rDev -30.9%

Aisha, Aug 21, 2013
2.83/5  rDev -28.9%

Appearance:

I never even heard of this beer before so I was pretty excited to get it as an extra, Thanks Rob!I cracked open the can and heard a beautiful hiss. Pours a hazy amber copper color like a duracell battery with a very thin bone white head. As I hold my glass up to the light there is absolutely no yeast chunks or major haze. Viscosity appears to be pretty low.

Smell:

Sweet caramel, bright citrus and pineapples with some pine needles thrown in. Bread, biscuits and some toffee round out all of the maltyness. In the finish I'm noticing something that reminds me of a hair salon.

Taste:

Eesh, this could be a bad or really old can because I am not getting anything good here. Pretty bland and uninteresting, paper thin and the hops seem pretty muted. I am going to bet that this was a little old, slight astringent bitter finish.

Drinkability:

I think I need another shot at this, anyone want to hook me up ?

Bmoyer0301, Dec 29, 2010
2.9/5  rDev -27.1%

16 oz can. Pours clear golden orange with a creamy white head that retains well and leaves some lacing.

The aroma is sweet biscuity malts with some earthy, fruity hops.

The flavor is biscuity malts with some spicy grassy hops and a little fruit. The mouthfeel is medium to full bodied with smooth carbonation.

Overall, OK biscuity pale ale with decent hops.

Beaver13, Oct 27, 2013

masterofsparks, Sep 01, 2014

MITCHELLMPLS, Mar 07, 2014

osuskin, Feb 13, 2014

phishbone23, Jan 23, 2013

I’ve had a few different Sun Kings and this one is probably the best. Has a decent balance and is some what refreshing. Decent balance between malt and hop profile. Seems to clearly be trying to steal the idea of another Indiana beer. Its drinkable but for your money there's better choices.

vw73182, Jan 30, 2012

deonreds, Mar 08, 2014

kscaldef, Oct 06, 2014
3.03/5  rDev -23.9%

Straight out the can at Canfest. Light orange/auburn color, nice color. Pretty mild hop aroma coming out of it. Some sweet lightly buttered malt aroma.

Taste, pretty ho hum. Hopping not anything to write home about. Malt sweetness is fairly middle of the road. A little metallic with its bitterness. Some caramel and toffee, makes me think of that caramel corn stuff you get in cracker jacks. Still underwhelmed by the hops, whether it be the aroma, taste or mouthfeel, they just come off as a Midwestern Germanic stab at a pale ale instead of it being an American or West Coast hoppy pale, which the latter is generally preferred these days and with this taster.

It did not go easy on the bitterness, but it just obscured a lot I'm guessing. I think they sent some old cans to Canfest, like many of the breweries did.

Beerandraiderfan, Mar 14, 2013
3.05/5  rDev -23.4%

Great packaging on all of the Sun King beers. Have had this beer several times and decided to finally review it. Pour is a copper golden color with a thin head that disapates rather quickly. Aromas are more earthy than expected. Some small hints of citrusy aromas as well. Flavor is a tad better than the aroma. The palate just falls short on this. The beer is balanced for a pale ale but the beer just seems asleep. Don't believe this beer is old or anything. The finish is dry with a mild hop finish. Biggest plus about this beer is that it comes in a can!

TrueRates, Apr 21, 2011