Osiris Pale Ale - Sun King Brewing Company

Sun King Brewing Company visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: cnally on 08-22-2009

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 751 | Reviews: 218

2.69/5  rDev -32.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Drain pour. at Huna '15. Could be the heat, the beer, if it was aged or too hot, not sure. Regardless it was not good at all.

2.7/5  rDev -32.2%

so, decided to open this one with a friend. it's been in my fridge for a month, I don't know if this negatively affects the beer or to what degree, but here's my review anyways.

It has no hop character (or its very muted).. I think it might be my california palette, but I expect my pale ales to have some degree of hoppiness (re: alpine hoppy birthday or even stone pale ale).

This did not deliver.

It's not an utter failure though, so I will still finish this can, but definitely color me "not impressed".

2.75/5  rDev -30.9%

2.75/5  rDev -30.9%

2.8/5  rDev -29.6%

Pour is clear darker amber with a tight light tan head. Nose has a bit of stale grain, toasted malt, dry caramel, and some herbal hops. Taste is strong caramel and some stale grain. Grassy hops, herbal tea like, a touch of metallic twang with assertive carbonation and a medium body.

2.86/5  rDev -28.1%

Appearance:

I never even heard of this beer before so I was pretty excited to get it as an extra, Thanks Rob!I cracked open the can and heard a beautiful hiss. Pours a hazy amber copper color like a duracell battery with a very thin bone white head. As I hold my glass up to the light there is absolutely no yeast chunks or major haze. Viscosity appears to be pretty low.

Smell:

Sweet caramel, bright citrus and pineapples with some pine needles thrown in. Bread, biscuits and some toffee round out all of the maltyness. In the finish I'm noticing something that reminds me of a hair salon.

Taste:

Eesh, this could be a bad or really old can because I am not getting anything good here. Pretty bland and uninteresting, paper thin and the hops seem pretty muted. I am going to bet that this was a little old, slight astringent bitter finish.

Drinkability:

I think I need another shot at this, anyone want to hook me up ?

2.93/5  rDev -26.4%

16 oz can. Pours clear golden orange with a creamy white head that retains well and leaves some lacing.

The aroma is sweet biscuity malts with some earthy, fruity hops.

The flavor is biscuity malts with some spicy grassy hops and a little fruit. The mouthfeel is medium to full bodied with smooth carbonation.

Overall, OK biscuity pale ale with decent hops.

I’ve had a few different Sun Kings and this one is probably the best. Has a decent balance and is some what refreshing. Decent balance between malt and hop profile. Seems to clearly be trying to steal the idea of another Indiana beer. Its drinkable but for your money there's better choices.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Osiris Pale Ale from Sun King Brewing Company