Cream Dream V : I Thought We Were Buddies... - Sun King Brewing Company

Cream Dream V : I Thought We Were Buddies...
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Sun King Brewing Company visit their website
Indiana, United States

Beer added by: JohnnyHopps on 07-22-2012

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Pours medium-dark gold with a pillowy white head. Good retention and a bit of lacing.

Smells like citrus fruits, notably grapefruit with some pine as well. Very hop forward.

Lots of citrus hop flavor as well. Pink grapefruit along with grass and pine all make appearances. Finish is ever so slightly astringent, but not off putting.

Creamy mouthfeel with medium to high carbonation.

I love this series and this is another good one. Not the perfect beer, but still very pleasant and craving for a hophead like myself.

4.5/5  rDev +5.4%

I had this beer on tap at the brewery on 07/19/12, and I also brought home a growler. This was a huge hit at the testing.

The beer was a beautiful gold copper color with a moderate white head. A level of retention was noted. A huge citrus aroma was apparent without even trying to smell. The initial taste was a grassy grapefruit taste that tingled the sides of the tongue. There was not a strong malt presense, but a certain degree of creaminess was apparent. The beer was quite smooth going down which allowed the intense grapefruit and earthy notes to continue. The aftertaste was also mildly warming.

I read somewhere that this is the year Sun King feels they perfected the Cream Dream recipe. I will not argue.

Cream Dream V : I Thought We Were Buddies... from Sun King Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.