Microbrew Invitational

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Fremont Brewing Company
Washington, United States | website

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by HuskyinPDX on 02-16-2014

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 10
4.29/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Unmarked 12oz can, brewery direct from bcrossan (great extra man!). Served in a Microbrasserie Charlevoix goblet.

Pours a hazy orange straw with about one finger of snow white head. The head quickly thins to a haze and thin halo. Even that fades to almost nothing but it does leave dots of lace.

Nose is fairly subdued with earth, citrus, grass and notes of yeast.

Flavors are quite vibrant. Delicious blood oranges are present throughout with other tastes of slightly tart wet hay, earth, herbal, traces of pear, yeasty esters, hints of lemon and a little pepper. Only a slight tickle of alcohol towards the finish but nothing distracting. I get the typical notes I associate with saisons but the blood orange steals the show and brings it all together in a quite favorable way.

Medium light body with sharp carbonation that almost makes it seem even lighter. Earth, old citrus peel, more blood orange and estery herbal finish.

Apparently saisons need blood oranges to really appeal to my tastes. By far my favorite saison of those that I've tried. Harvey is the only one I've had that I'd love to have on hand for hot weather drinking. Highly recommended.

Harvey from Fremont Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.