Dinner - Maine Beer Company

DinnerDinner

Maine Beer Company visit their website
Maine, United States

Beer added by: ThatsThatDude on 03-10-2014

Our first Double IPA – dry, refreshing and hoppy. We really focused on hop flavor and aroma here. To maximize hop character, we dry hopped Dinner twice with over 6 lbs. of hops per barrel. For the best experience, please enjoy fresh as possible.
to view more.
Ratings: 992 | Reviews: 121
4.6/5  rDev -0.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

An excellent Double IPA....well balanced, nice hop kick to it!

4.8/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A massive DIPA and in the top 5 all time for me..

4.74/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A: Cloudy, darkish shade of orange, with a foamy, white head.
S: Mango, some peach, sugary like sweetness, grapefruit, pine.
T: Similar to nose. Mango was very prominent in the flavors along with peach and a slight grapefruit like aftertaste.
M: Medium bodied, slight bitterness, hops bounce off the tongue, medium carbonation. A Good balance between the malts and the hops along with the citrus like flavor.
O: I'm glad I was able to finally score a bottle of Dinner….great stuff!!

4.55/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Thanks to freefs119 (Reddit) for this one, shared with rudzud.

4/11/15
Light creamy fizzy head, little lacing, hazy golden tan color.

Nose is crazy, tons and tons of fresh hops, tons of citra and galaxy, fresh citrus everywhere, orange juice, pith, orange cream, little mango and tropical notes, juicy as Hell, touch of dank resin, little peach and skin.

Taste brings more fresh hops, tons of citrus, orange cream, and orange juice, fresh orange juice with mild grapefruit pith, little peel, touch tropical mango notes, little peach as well, skin, and touch of resin. Fleshy orange with mild creamy malt. Mild bitterness and nice lingering pith.

Mouth is med bod, nice creamy, decent carb.

Overall really good, lives up to the hype, so well done, great hops executed well with nice malt profile, but that being said, there are def other great and better IPAs around this area.

Similar to Lunch but smoother. Probably the best beer I have ever had.

4.39/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Thanks to JLindros for sharing.

A - Poured into a Kate the Great tulip a hazy golden hue that fades to leave nice lacing, good thin blanket.

S - Aromas of mango, light pineapple, musty hops, tropical notes, light malts.

T - Taste is similar to the nose, grassy tropical notes, musty hops, nice pineapple, mango, nice light malts.

M - Mouthfeel is lightly carbonated, nice and clean no real booze.

O - Overall this beer was really tasty, good hop profile. Can understand why people go nuts for this.

Bottle into snifter.

A- beautiful light, fuzzy yellow with a touch of orange. Nice one finger frothy head. Medium carbonation.

S- Amazing and everything I want in an IPA. Tons of fresh juicy fruits. Pineapple, mango, peach, they're all there.

T- some IPAs don't live up to the hype or their nose, Dinner does for both. Super fresh and quaffable.

M- medium to light, just perfect.

O- I can't find a thing wrong with Dinner. It's a top notch IPA and one if my all time favorites. I would drink this every time if I could.

Best beer ever. Great taste

4.48/5  rDev -3.2%

Cloudy golden pour from the bottle, thin off-white head. Huge grapefruit and tropical mango aroma (fills the surrounding area). Lemon bitter, grapefruit, mango, pineapple, some malt sweetness but not sugary. Finish is a hint grassy but predominantly grapefruit and mango. Lives up to the hype.

4.94/5  rDev +6.7%

The best beer I've had from Maine Beer Company. Super juicy with the perfect amount of bitterness to it. I will most likely drive up from PA next year to get a case of this!

4.3/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Appearance: Pours a hazy goldenstraw capped by an inch or so of foam; dribs and drabs of lacing hang around

Smell: Very juicy, with citrus pith, passion fruit and orange tones

Taste: While the flavor profile is dominated by the hops, there is a subtle malt profile that brings a soda bread element to the table; the hops subsume the malt, with dankness - orange, passion fruit, pith and a little onion on the finish

Mouthfeel: Medium to full body with moderate carbonation

Overall: Hype builds on hype and while I like this beer a lot, I wouldn't put it head and shoulders above all the other juicy, hop forward, dank DIPAs out there

Thanks, HadMatter217, for the opportunity

4.21/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

This one is a solid DIPA from the East Coast. Solid bittering, nice malt flavor, a lot like Heady Topper. Taste is way greater than the aroma. This one is definitely different than the tropical hob bomb of Lunch and focuses on the dank.

4.98/5  rDev +7.6%

16 oz bottle (thanks Nathan!) poured into a Hopslam tulip glass

A - Pours a dark orange, tangerine color with a finger or so of bright white head.

S - Wow. Fresh pineapple is huge in the aroma. Juicy, tropical fruits. Tangerines, mango, it smells like freshly juiced pineapple. Little bit of grassiness, and slight dankness.

T - Incredible. Huge pineapple up front. Juicy. Underneath all that pineapple, there is mango, orange, a little bit of resinous pine. Middle of the mouth, there is slight dankness, but the juicy pineapple comes back and balances this beer perfectly.

O - In the world of amazing Southern CA DIPAs, I can say that Dinner from Maine is the best one I've ever had. This sets the standard for me as far as DIPAs go. Amazing stuff.

4.91/5  rDev +6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is one of the best beers I have ever had. The smell wafts throughout the area as soon as the cap is popped. Huge hop aroma. Pours a cloudy, hazy orange color, sticky two finger head. Laces from start to finish. Taste is just perfect, so smooth it doesn't feel like a double IPA. I think this is my favorite of all of the NE IPA big boys - it's one that I feel like has out done its hype.

4.95/5  rDev +6.9%

Great, smooth beer, hard to believe it is DIPA

4.75/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

L: Orangey-gold with a creamy bone head that disappeared into a collar. S: lots of mango and fresh tropical fruits, some pine. T: big citrus flavor with some pine, but with a dry finish. Extremely clean and balanced. Surprisingly getting no mango in the flavor. Superb!!!

4.8/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured from a bottle into a tulip

A. Pours a mostly opaque amber color with a 2 finger fluffy white head.

S. Wow angels absolutely delicious. Mango and citrus with some pine. Slightly floral. Some cotton candy aroma. Just smells amazing.

T. The taste is right there with the nose. Mango, citrus and pine. I think the pine comes out a little more on the flavor. Candy like sweetness from the malts. Slight grassy aftertaste. Not much bitterness. It's very nice.

M. Pretty much right on for a DIPA. 5 out of 10 on body thickness. Some decent carbonation but not too much. Finishes very clean. Not too heavy. Close too perfect.

O. What a treat. Prob up in my top 3 dipa. It's just delicious. Do yourself a favor and get this.

Wow! All I can say is Wow! Pretty much lives up to the hype. Great Citrus Hop nose. The draw is liquid gold nectar of the gods! Very juicy almost Nelson like. Glad I got to try this. Great job MBC!

4.73/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

One of the best DIPAs I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. Very refreshing with a lighter mouthfeel and cleaner taste than you would expect. Highly recommend.

4.99/5  rDev +7.8%

Great IPA with an amazing citrusy aroma. Definitely better than both Pliney's. Haven't had heady yet.... will have to see how it stands up. Easily in my top 3 favorite IPAs.

4.97/5  rDev +7.3%

Best DIPA I've ever had. Might be the best beer I've ever had.

4.68/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

My little brother traded 2012 Parabola for this. Well I have to say, this is an excellent beer. Very nice for a double IPA and definitely a step above Pliny even on the freshest of days. This was bottled 12 days ago. Very delicate flavors. Great citrus profile. I put this right there with Bad Boy. Definitely in my top 3 favorite IPAs. Too bad the bottle is not a full 22 oz. Still, probably would have kept that Parabola... but that's just me.

3.59/5  rDev -22.5%

Way over rated, I traded for this. It came way hyped.
L: Orange, cloudy, nice white head. Fits an unfiltered beer
S: piney and dank, almost musty. No citrus
T: didn't live up expectations, just meh
F: smooth, but once again Meh. Not anything special, not bad, but not great
O: for all the hype, I expected much more. It's was underwhelming. If I had waited in line for 4-5 hrs, I'd be more than dissatisfied.

4.96/5  rDev +7.1%

One of the best IPAs out there. Finally got hold of a few and was blwn away. Super citusy and refershing.

4.57/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Is this a great IPA? Of course, and we all know it. However, I am largely basing my score on how smooth and refreshing it is. Let's see, the nose is well citrusy like most west coast IPA's I am use to trying, but definitely heavier on the mango and pineapple, which is enjoyable. The nose is similar to a pseudosue and golden nugget if that provides any clarity. However, the taste was more of piney/orangey with a little bit of lemon. I didn't really taste the mango or pineapple that I smelled initially, and which was noticeable in the body with a pseudosue and golden nuggest. On the other hand, I cannot complain as this was incredibly hoppy with a very nice hop profile(not overly bitter) and had a nice clean mouthful of pine, orange, and earthiness. It is fairly light as other posters have mentioned, but I feel this is nowhere near an issue since this is an IPA and not an imperial stout. Overall, great flavor and appearance, and much better than this year's version of pliny the younger in my west coast opinion.

to view more.