Another One - Maine Beer Company

Another OneAnother One

Maine Beer Company visit their website
Maine, United States

Intensely hoppy American IPA, brewed as the light-colored counterpart to Weez (both beers incorporate the exact same kettle and dry hopping schedule). Another One has a very clean malt palate, leaving little but hoppy resins on the tongue, and finishes dry and crisp.

Hops – Warrior, Cascade, Citra, Simcoe

(Beer added by: ToasterChef on 06-11-2013)
Reviews by ToasterChef:
3.83/5  rDev -10.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

This is a new IPA that was bottled and released earlier today at the new Freeport brewery. It features the same hops as Weez (which was also released today) but a different malt bill. The beer was chilled when I bought it and has been in my fridge for since I brought it home. I'm serving it in my Maine Beer Co. flute.

This is a nice golden orange beer that has a touch of haze. A big white head fills up the top half of my glass. Lots of carbonation bubbles cling to the sides of the glass. As the head settles, very good lacing is left behind.

Another One has a very strong citrus aroma. I am picking up a lot of pink grapefruit.

The beer has a big, dirty hop flavor. It is strongly bitter. I cannot taste as much of the grapefruit as I thought I would. The pale malts make a decent base that provide a bit of sweetness in the finish. I cannot single out any specific flavors from the yeast.

This is a medium bodied beer with a good amount of carbonation. Between the bubbles and the hop oils, it gives off a big tingling sensation.

This is a pretty good beer. I'm not convinced I like it more than Lunch, but it is still quite enjoyable. There is something about the hops that I can't quite describe but seems off to me. Maybe it's just that there are a lot of hop oils. Is it possible for a beer to be too fresh? If the label is to be believed, this was bottled this morning...the only beer I've ever had that fresh I brewed myself! I will drink this one again.

fucking awesome beer. really smooth and incredible taste. nice citrus flavor with a dry finish.

4.3/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Huge thanks to smokeypeat for sending me this one - the guy hooks it up like no other. Another One pours the color of honey and is almost completely opaque, though the haze appears softer than typical for an unfiltered IPA. As the stark white, pillow head slowly settles, it leaves very nice rings of lacing that traverse at least half the glass.

I take a whiff and I'm very pleasantly surprised. I honestly didn't know what to expect from this beer at all, but one sniff in and I'm already liking the way things are going. Incredibly hop-centric; pines, leaves, lightly floral, and very "wet" and juicy. The beer was bottled 6/11/2013, so this sucker is only a few weeks old.

Citrus character from the hops are huge, too, with tons of grapefruit, lemon zest, and orange rind. We had this beer right before a bottle of Kuhnhenn's "TRIPA" (an amped up version of DRIPA) and the aromas were very similar. Another One was perhaps less citrusy, but also less malty-sweet and more generous in terms of hop appreciation.

An oily and pungent bitterness strikes quickly within the first moments of each sip and comes riding on the back of a big ol' flavorful hop bill. Leafy, piney, and just mildly resinous, the hops taste nearly as wet and fresh as they smelled. A slight onion-like note is appreciated and drives for more complexity in an already impressive brew.

Orange rind and grapefruit pith seem like perfect descriptors here. The fruity aspect isn't quite as soft and sweet as the aroma would make it seem, rather they head down the path of unforgiving bitterness. I've gotta say, though, it's not a bad thing at all. Very mild bready malts are noticeable in the finish, but otherwise are buried under the hop shelter.

Great finish on this, with a crisp, wet, and slick mouth feel. Medium bodied, plenty of carbonation. This was my first Maine Brewing beer, and if this is any indication of how they handle IPAs, then I need to get Lunch in my face, pronto. Very enjoyable, and according to the rating on many websites, under-appreciated in my opinion.

4.04/5  rDev -5.8%

4.4/5  rDev +2.6%

Pours a cloudy light orange with a bubbly, pure white head that leaves some uneven lacing down the glass.
The smell is amazing! Orange juice and grapefruit hit me first, maybe a touch of lemon and a hint of grassiness.
The taste hits me with bitter up front -- orange peel and grapefruit then some actual puckering from the citrus-like effect. Then a bit of pine and spice move in followed by a long-lasting resinous dryness.
The mouthfeel is medium and quite sticky.
Overall, a wonderful, juicy IPA. Beautifully crafted.

4.6/5  rDev +7.2%