Another One - Maine Beer Company

Another OneAnother One

Maine Beer Company visit their website
Maine, United States

Intensely hoppy American IPA, brewed as the light-colored counterpart to Weez (both beers incorporate the exact same kettle and dry hopping schedule). Another One has a very clean malt palate, leaving little but hoppy resins on the tongue, and finishes dry and crisp.

Hops – Warrior, Cascade, Citra, Simcoe

(Beer added by: ToasterChef on 06-11-2013)

ironchefmiyagi13, Nov 09, 2013

AaronMello, Nov 07, 2013

polopaul20, Nov 04, 2013

brandonld23, Nov 01, 2013
3.93/5  rDev -8.2%

On tap at Max's (from notes).

A: Cloudy copper.

S: Citrus and floral with almost no pine.

T: Very light and floral. Quite nice.

M: Light and almost creamy with the low carbonation.

O: Now, I just need to try Weez. It was good and up there with their other IPA offerings.

gillagorilla, Oct 29, 2013

alaimoa, Oct 29, 2013
4.76/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

#800 for me, so I saved it for a good company.

Had on-tap at their tasting room in Freeport. Poured into a mini-snifter.

A - bit of a darker IPA, but a nice dark, honey gold colour. Little head, but par for the course.
S - WHOA! if I close my eyes I would think I had stuck my nose in a grapefruit. There's hops in there, but this is almost pure citrus. I love it.
T - and a great follow-up of citrus-y taste. I actually cannot remember an IPA I have had that was this citrus-y. Yum. Some hop bitterness on the finish, and this pretty much crushed my palate for some of the other beers I was tasting (although they were palate bombs too, so I was sufficiently wrecked for a few hours after the tasting, not that I'm complaining).
M - nice carbonation, not too intense, great drinkability.
O - the obvious thing to say at the end of this review would be something like "I would definitely have Another One." But man, now I am craving this beer. They unfortunately just stopped bottling this for the season :(, although it is at my bottle shop, albeit probably 6 months old and probably no good. Still, I liked this beer so much that I will probably buy one of those old ones in the hopes that it's somewhere close to this caliber of greatness.

In my opinion, this is a more enjoyable IPA than Lunch. While Lunch is better balanced, if you like lots of citrus and hops in your IPA I would go for this beer. This is probably one of my favourite IPA's from anywhere ever. That's a bold statement, but I mean it.

Ivanhoes_Backpack, Oct 28, 2013

marshmeli, Oct 21, 2013

sclitch, Oct 20, 2013

Jeffrey2310, Oct 19, 2013
4.01/5  rDev -6.3%

A - first pour is a clear and bright lighter shade of orange with a massive mouse like white foam. Tight bubbles linger while i pour the rest of the bottle into the large wine glass. The color changes to a completely cloudy coppery amber. The white foam leaves rings of lacing the wrap around the glass.

S - the nose is ripe, juicy, and herbal. Fleshy orange pulp and apricot wrapped in pink grapefruit rind. Notes of spruce tips and evergreen trees around the edges.

T - slighty sweet malt character collides with juicy, sweet fruit flavors. Follows the nose fairly closely. Apricot and orange pulp with a tinge of pineapple as well as pithy grapefruit for bitterness. Pine and spruce notes give off more bitterness. Finish more smooth and juicy.

M - high amounts of prickly carbonation. Grainy texture. Medium bodied.

O - great ipa. Piny and fruity. Great flavors, love it.

Teleweizen2, Oct 19, 2013

BeerBucks, Oct 19, 2013

Teddy-Pickles, Oct 18, 2013
3.94/5  rDev -7.9%

Very similar to a beer that I've brewed. I'm guessing there's amarillo in here.

It pours with a vigorous fluffy white head and a crystal clear straw yellow color. Given how fluffy the head is, it lasts alll the way down, leaving a sticky lace as it goes. Very prickly mouthfeel and a clean, dry, bitter finish.

There is just enough malt here to hold it together. Maybe a touch of bread in there (coming back to it now that it's warmed, the bread is much more noticeable, but still takes a back seat to those sexy sexy hops) and definitely a peachy, pineapple hop note - the very first thing I noticed, actually. The biggest thing that sets it apart from my own brew is that there's a touch of resin or pine, some grassy notes too, that just wafted by, and it really balances the sweet fruity hops and complements the light, crisp, but also flavorful malts.

It tastes roughly how it smells, though, as I said above, the malt comes through slightly more on the palate, whereas the hops definitely shine on the nose.

I really dig this beer. It's dry, clean, wonderfully aromatic, fizzy, and light with a touch of malt. Get it, and drink it, right away.

thezach, Oct 17, 2013