Trappistes Rochefort 8 - Brasserie de Rochefort

Trappistes Rochefort 8Trappistes Rochefort 8

Brasserie de Rochefort

Belgian Strong Dark Ale |  9.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-12-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Trappistes Rochefort 8 Alström Bros

4.75/5  rDev +9.7%

4.06/5  rDev -6.2%

WOW - imagine my surprise when I started BA'n' this beer and to see that the BeerAdvocate brothers have given this a 100 score - world class. And everyone else a 96!

Holy Hell Batman!!

and I found this in Barboursville WV - yes it was for like $6 bucks for the 11.2 oz bottle of 9.2% alchohol by volume goodness!

Nonetheless Here's the score:

The Dark Night Rises - it's dark brown with a hint of red pairing well with the label. Something awe inspiring and yet forboding invites you in. A one finger head, with the carb bubbles stringing the sides of my glass rising through the dark caramel hue.

Smell of buttered biscuits invite me to take that first sip... that first step.. that one small step ... That step near the edge...

Carbonation tingles my lips, as it flows in lighting up the insides of my mouth.. f___ I think my teeth are tingling! But that's all mouthfeel and it's awesome! Taste is what your after... I can taste the alcohol...and I want to sing.... "Alcohol is my business.... and Business Is Good!!!" More dark malts than hops, slight fruitiness I can see where some have described it as "sherry'esque" I would probably say more "port'esque" due to the fruitiness combined with the alcohol and earthiness. It's damned good!

Overall - this beer will kill me. It's damned good. This is one I can drink and drink more than one... "more than one in a good way". It's powerful.

4.75/5  rDev +9.7%