Trappistes Rochefort 10 - Brasserie de Rochefort

Trappistes Rochefort 10Trappistes Rochefort 10

Brasserie de Rochefort

Quadrupel (Quad) |  11.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-06-2000

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Trappistes Rochefort 10 Alström Bros
Ratings: 8,172 | Reviews: 2,691

Many people will tell you that Westvleteren XII and St Bernardus Abt 12 are the best. I beg to differ. I would rate Rochefort 10 higher. The only beer like as much as this one is Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel.

Insanely smooth for a Belgian Quad, finished up with a great pop of flavor. 10/10!

how could i rate the standard any lower?

This beer is incredible. Plum, raisin, caramel and yeasty smell. Super fruity upfront and still has the champagne feel. Very light on the tongue and the aftertaste is fig, raisin, and toffee. Absolutely amazing beer.

FIVE FIVE FIVE, DEAL WITH IT LOL

My favorite beer on Earth for over 15 years and counting. Will leave a proper review some time, but for now just understand this may be the most complex and delicious beer you may ever get a chance to drink, and the only beer I have ever had that earns a perfect 5/5 BA score.

(2012) Black pour with off white head; figs, tobacco and prune notes. Tobacco figs dirt stone fruit and prune flavors. More earthy semi sweet fruit as it warms. Medium body and viscous tongue. Complex and delicious and only gets better with age.

All other quads pale in comparison...this is the Standard

Worth the money, enjoy a few

The king of Belgian beers. A must have and fairly easy to find.

If you could only have one beer in your lifetime, this would be a good choice.

Best I've ever had

my favorite of the Rocheford family line...

The legend is true. This is THE BEST BEER I've ever had. I was expecting to be underwhelmed. It took effort to find. It was all worth it. Can Westvleteren possibly be even as good as this?

Best quad I've ever tasted.

One of my favorite beer... Probably the best high alcohol beers of the world.
Complex, full body. Aroma is a little bit malt and alcohol. Taste is balanced sweet, fruity and woody notes.

Color: Dark Amber, almost a brown in color. Lots of Carbonation
Taste: Black Cherry, Dark Fruits. The carbonation really opens your palate to these tastes. Very Strong complex flavors with a sweet malt backbone.
Smell: Black Cherry, raisin, a hint of pomegranate
Overall: This is the best quad I've ever had, maybe the best beer I've ever had. Drinking this was almost a sad experience, since I knew I would finish the glass soon enough and not be able to drink more. 5/5

Nothing much to say, but this is a beer I could just sit back and chill with. A grown folks type ale. Cheers

Rochefort 10: The perfect quad. One of the best beers ever made.

ever since reading about Trappist beers, I've always wanted to get my hands on one. being that I come from a long line of priests and a bishop, it made the style even more intriguing. I figured I would never find one, at least in my area. well, I took a trip to ocean city, MD and made a stop at Anthony's with the intent on finding a bottle of something new. sitting on the top self was a bottle of the Trappist beer 2nd on my list, don't think I will ever see a westvletern XII. I couldn't wait to get home and try it! I poured it into a silver goblet used by my grandfather (who was a bishop). all I can say about this beer is it is truly amazing....everything about it! definitely at the top of my list. there's beers out there on my favorites that are based a lot off of my personal drinking experience. For instance, erdinger because of the one I had in a small bar in Munich that opened my mind to German beers and even rolling rock (yeah, its a favorite) because it reminds me of my grandfather. however, this beer is my number one solely on taste, can't imagine there's a better beer out there.

$3.65 bottle from the LCBO.

A - Ruby/Brown colour with nice two finger head of small bubbles.

S - Dates, caramel, port.

T - Caramel, molasses, Belgian yeast, dark fruit, and some sweetness. Very complex and absolutely delicious. For such a high alcohol content this beer does not taste 'boozy' at all. Incredible.

M - Rich and luxurious with great carbonation. Outstanding.

O - This is definitely one of my favourite beers of all-time. I love quads and this is one of, if not the best.

I have nothing more to add. This is an awesome beer. I can't believe I've waited this long to taste it. Not your typical Belgian Ale - better. And that is saying a lot.

A: Dark brown with a slightly lighter brown yeast sediment at the bottom of the glass. Looks thick, hearty and inviting. Nice beige head that sticks around.

S: Raisins, figs, chocolate, and a nearly infinite deepness of rich Belgian-style ale.

T: All of the above elements, with a lifting taste of alcohol that adds both a bitterness and a sweetness that sticks to you in a delightful way. Elements of a finer wine or a port in the bite, but with the same multi-layered complexity of other Belgian ales that introduces its merits in stages. Overall, fantastic. A real treat, and likely the best beer I've had so far (no small feat!). It felt like a gift to drink.

M: Thick and engaging. The alcohol tastes warmed while its smoothness enriched. Amazing.

O: This would be a great after dinner drink, but it could fit anywhere, really. Delicious and satisfying, and very drinkable for the ABV. I'd reccomend this to anybody who loved beer. I'll definitely be buying more. A+

This is one amazing beer. Unbelievably good. All the complex character of the best quads, this is a prize specimen of the Quadruple Ale family. I just can't hold back a perfect score, because this is one of the few whose flaws I just cannot find.

It's got your belgian-quad banana flambé right at the intro, in the nose and on the tongue. And so smooth for this big a beer.

Too easy to drink fast when it's right out of the fridge, this is a beer to savor. Let it warm up so the transcendent experience lingers as long as possible. As with all perfect score beers, this one just gets better as it approaches room temperature.

Shame I've only found it in these little 0.33L bottles. I would hoard magnums of this baby if they sold them. This is Bond Villain quality beer, if you serve this to someone who is a true beer lover, you will gain major beer cred.

Acredito que ela seja uma das grandes representantes do gênero trapista. Realmente incrível.
Não vejo defeitos nela quando está em suas condições perfeitas.
Uma experiência incrível e inesquecível.
Minha cerveja favorita e uma das grandes representantes belgas no mundo das cervejas.

Trappistes Rochefort 10 from Brasserie de Rochefort