Trappistes Rochefort 10 - Brasserie de Rochefort

Trappistes Rochefort 10Trappistes Rochefort 10

Brasserie de Rochefort

Quadrupel (Quad) |  11.30% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 11-06-2000

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Trappistes Rochefort 10 Alström Bros
Ratings: 8,183 | Reviews: 2,692
4.97/5  rDev +10.2%

When you imagine the taste of the perfect beer, you're imagining Rochefort 10.

4.65/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Beautiful. First experience on a Trappist, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was REALLY hard to open. I had to use two different bottle openers and finally got it open after making a mess on my counter. Pouring it made a lot of foam which just didn't go away. The foam tasted like someone poured sugar into a litter box. I never got to the beer because the foam was just horrible! I'm not even being dramatic, this beer was a waste of 10 perfectly good minutes.

4.81/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Look: Very deep brown. NOT black. 1.5 finger creamy head that dissipates quickly. I was surprised at how big the head was for such a high ABV beer.
Smell: Candied sugar dominates the smell. There is also strong prunes and figs.
Taste: This beer is brilliant. Theres no other way to put it. As soon as it hits your tongue you get a smoky deep tobacco taste that instantaneously transitions into sweet candied fruits. There is a slight alcohol taste that you forget about after a few sips.
Feel: Medium mouthfeel. Viscous yet not syrupy like I would have expected.
Overall: My expectations were far surpassed. I had mixed feeling going in on whether or not I was going to truly enjoy this beer. Most Quads I have had in the past have turned me off to the style. In drinking this I have new hope; After my last sip was gone I instantly knew I needed to buy another!

This is my desert island beer. If I had to choose one beer above all the others, it would be Trappist Rochefort 10. (TR 8 comes in a close 2nd.)

4.76/5  rDev +5.5%

From www.cervezasespeciales.com. One of the trappist beers, maybe the best one. What is sure is that its price-quality if the best one.

4.73/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Had to change my opinion, it changed from very good to even better :)

4.83/5  rDev +7.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Top Tier Trappist. I usually have it with an equally interesting piece of meat.

(2012) Black pour with off white head; figs, tobacco and prune notes. Tobacco figs dirt stone fruit and prune flavors. More earthy semi sweet fruit as it warms. Medium body and viscous tongue. Complex and delicious and only gets better with age.

3.88/5  rDev -14%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

This is a big damned beer! Really nice, classic dark fruits and raisins in the nose; deep, rich flavors follow on the palate, with big boozy presence. Finished a bit on the drier side. Not sure that I am on the 'best Belgian on the list' bandwagon, but this is obviously top shelf and enjoyable. Splitting one with a buddy was more than enough for me!

4.55/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Not quite as good as the La Trappe quad. Similar though

3.8/5  rDev -15.7%

I mean, it's good. But it isn't THAT good. Like $8 for a 12oz bottle? Bzzzzt. No.

4.52/5  rDev +0.2%

This is truly a very beatiful beer!

It pours dark red-brown, almoust black with a one finger high, beige head that dissapears fast with a wizzing noice.

Nose: Vanilla, whiped cream, raisin, plum, milk chocolate, brown sugar and dark syrup.
Taste: Dried fruit, brown sugar, dark bread, a hint of coffee, licorice and vanilla.
Body: Medium body with a complex texture. High carbonation. A little warming booze from the 11.3% ABV. So great beer!

Absolutely top!

4.25/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Dark dried fruits all around. Served straight out the fridge and the carbonation took away from the taste. Opened up as it warmed. Lots of raisin, fig, prune in this one

1.84/5  rDev -59.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

I never understood the Reinheitsgebot until I drank this beer, now it makes perfect sense; This isn't beer!! don't waste your money

4.56/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

330 ml bottle poured into a Belgian tulip

A: Dark brown, with an off white creamy head, lots of tiny bubbles in the head, some carbonation streaming off the bottom, some minor lacing.

A: Dark fruits, raisins, figs, yeasty aromas, it's a big Belgian yeast bomb, slight alcohol on the nose, malts definitely come through, smells really big.

T: Toffee sweetness, dark fruits, Belgian yeast, malts, nice slight caramel sweetness on the back end, very complex, some heat, but for 11.3% very drinkable, world class flavor.

M: Nice medium mouthfeel with a dry finish.

O: Very impressed, very complex, changes as it warms, very drinkable. I avoided imports especially Belgian beers because I think there are great beers made in America, but, there is something special about Belgian beers, and in my humility, I must admit that this is a world class beer, a must try if you want to taste something outside your comfort zone.

4.49/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

F:
-certainly more boozy than the Rochefort 8
O:
Very much a most intense Rochefort Beer.Not quite as balanced as the Rochefort 8 though.

3.68/5  rDev -18.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Feel I may have had a bad one...need to try again, flavor was off not quad like, old maybe?

4.93/5  rDev +9.3%

There is so much flavor in this beer it is ridiculous! This is easily one of the best tasting beers I have ever had!

this is my favorite quad so far...

3.5/5  rDev -22.4%

Take it with a grain of salt but it's too sweet, boozy with a touch of licorice. Not a fan of many quads and I relaize this is at the top of its class so me not liking the style isn't a knock on an outstanding beer.

4.6/5  rDev +2%

Color is dark brown, with a beige head. The aromas of caramel and malt are dominant. Dark chocolate, plums and raisins can be distinguished in the taste, combined with a tender vinous touch. Although the beer has an ABV of 11,3%, it is very smooth to drink. Top class beer. Best beer I ever drank.

4.82/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Good good god god good

4.4/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.5

An absolute wild rush of flavor.

My favorite beer on Earth for over 15 years and counting. Will leave a proper review some time, but for now just understand this may be the most complex and delicious beer you may ever get a chance to drink, and the only beer I have ever had that earns a perfect 5/5 BA score.

Trappistes Rochefort 10 from Brasserie de Rochefort