1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Trappistes Rochefort 10 - Brasserie de Rochefort

Trappistes Rochefort 10Trappistes Rochefort 10

Brasserie de Rochefort

Quadrupel (Quad) |  11.30% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 11-06-2000)
View: Beers (3) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Trappistes Rochefort 10 Alström Bros
Ratings: 6,230 | Reviews: 2,485 | Show All Ratings:
djoprahwinfrey

Manitoba (Canada)

4.46/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A - a dark amber pour, 2 fingers of thick, creamy tan head, appears highly carbonated, very slow retention with a very healthy amount lasting the entire drinking

S - quite potent right after opening, plum, some sour apple and caramel

T - intense flavors, plum and some sour apple, nutty, cherry, raisins and other dark fruits dominate

M - high, lively carbonation, full body, creamy and smooth to drink

O - i haven't had many quads and they aren't really my favorite style but this
was really enjoyable. A very complex big beer. This is my first Brasserie de Rochefort offering but i definitely plan on trying more.

01-02-2014 09:28:49 | More by djoprahwinfrey
BoldRulerVermont

Vermont

4.36/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured from the 11.2 oz. bottle into an oversized snifter.
Poures a deep dark amber, cloudy and with nice frothy head.
Smell is of fruits and sweetness. Raisin in the background.
Taste is more complex, dankier, with sweetness in the foreground.
Mouthfeel is a touch sticky, a bit earthy on the finish.
A delicious beer overall.

01-01-2014 20:09:26 | More by BoldRulerVermont
bhyndthebottle

Oregon

4.69/5  rDev +4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured from bottle to an abbey Russian River Snifter.
A: Pours with great amounts of carbonation that I wasn't quite expecting. The fluffy white head disappears slowly into a nice cap with little to no lacing.
S: This is THE example of what a quad should be. Slight light sweetness of raisins and breads. Little to no detectable alcohol. For all of the american imitators, you have a long way to go.
T: Just a wonderful balance of malty, bread, nutty, with a hint of chocolate. Nothing jumps up at you, but everything in perfect balance.
M: The copious amounts of carbonation and malts give this beer a creamy, long finish that just keeps developing. NIce.
O: This just keeps getting better as it warms in the glass. The alcohol is not present on any of the senses. This is a great beer. End of story.

01-01-2014 05:51:13 | More by bhyndthebottle
BurgeoningBrewhead

4.74/5  rDev +5.1%

Poured into tulip; darker hazy brown with a huge fluffy tan head that falls after a bit into a finger-thick puck of foam that sits on the beer.
Smells of soft darker malt, some metallic notes...not a lot of smell, I'm surprised. I'll let it warm more and see how it develops.
Taste is incredibly well-balanced...soft malt, dark sweet bread, dark fruit, toffee, caramel, cherries, golden raisins...no booze at all, which is incredibly for 11+%.
Mouthfeel is well-carbonated, fluffy and relatively light for the weight of the brew.
Overall, outstanding stuff. I was half-expecting my mind to be blown, but then I remembered that the trappist brews don't aim for mind-blowing...they aim for perfect, balanced harmony. And that is exactly what this beer achieves.

01-01-2014 03:52:47 | More by BurgeoningBrewhead
TullyBlanchard

4.53/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Rode through Gainesville, GA. Listening to Allman Bros, windows down & ice on my wounded knee. Dusty Rhodes' fat ass flopped right on my knee cap. PAYBACK A BITCH, huh Dusty? And you owe me for that pickled egg and jumbo coffee in Dahlonega.

The beer:
Does a bear piss in the woods? OF COURSE this is a GREAT beer. Top notch quad that pours a nice, lasting head. Rich nose of boozy raisins and nutmeg. Sweet taste of molasses, dates & nice carbonation.

80s/90s wrestler most likely to drink this beer:
The British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith

Diamonds are forever

01-01-2014 03:17:30 | More by TullyBlanchard
DaveBar

Ontario (Canada)

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Purchased at the LCBO 330ml for $3.60/ea
mighty young quad to try

A- WOW what a pop and a TON of carbonation. Pours with a 3in head! LOL pure brown.

S- Caramel. Chocolate. Airy.

T- Excellent. Once it warms watch out it's boozy but cool wonderful. Masked cinnamon amongst other spices.

M- Creamy. Very good.

O- This is a WONDEFUL beer! Wow its a creamy treat.

Food Paring....

This one was actually difficult.... I reserve the food pairing as I believe this wonderful beer can be paired with many different dishes and I will try and review here as time passes.

Thx for reading

12-31-2013 23:14:22 | More by DaveBar
BeerGod27

South Carolina

4.89/5  rDev +8.4%

Pours dark with a thick head. Beer is cloudy and murky, some sediment at the bottom.
The nose presents raisin, toffee with a degree of mustiness.
Plum, fig and spice dominate the taste but malt, faint raspberry and earthiness are present here as well. Aftertaste is slightly tart.
Mouthfeel is clean with good carbonation and excellent head retention and lacing.
A very complex beer. Delicious!

12-26-2013 15:17:38 | More by BeerGod27
gr0g

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

11 month old bottle. Dark brown/mahogany, darker than say, Rochefort 8. Nice head formation and retention, eventually receding to a foamy film. Some streaks of lace. Big aromas of dark fruit, sugary-ness invoking freshly-baked dark desserts, and musty yeast + liquor (dark rum) in the background. Quite sweet smelling.

Sweetness from candi sugar upfront becomes more restrained shortly thereafter. Lots of fruit notes both light and dark brought about by the yeast: pears, plums, figs. Fuel note reminds you that this is a big beer, but this is still very drinkable (for the style) simply because it's so damn good. Carbonation is very well-mannered for a bottle-conditioned beer, so soft and smooth without coming across as flat.

Lighter, sweeter, not quite as complex and balanced as Westy 12. Still, Rochefort 10 is quite a worthy substitute and belongs among the elite dark Belgian ales.

12-25-2013 01:50:40 | More by gr0g
Alextricity

4.35/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

$8 11.2oz bottle from Three Blind Mice in Mt. Clemens, Michigan poured into a tulip glass... most I've ever spent on a beer per ounce.

Appearance: A brown sort of color with a decent haze to it. Quite a bit of sediment. A little head. Basically no lacing.

Smell: Plum/raisin is definitely the most significant aroma. Quite sweet. A lot of caramel malts.

Taste/feel: Pretty much heaven. The 11.3% is invisible in the taste/aroma, but you get the warmth. You know it’s there. Just a wallop of dark fruits and some caramel malts... a pure joy to drink. A nice feel with a solid carbonation. When Rochefort 10 feels like it’s getting a bit too sweet, the carbonation bubbles it away. Never syrupy thick or cloying in anyway.

A delight to drink. I feel like I may prefer St. Bernardus 12 to this by a slight margin, but this is still a World Class Quad without a doubt.

12-21-2013 04:16:27 | More by Alextricity
BSK_ONE

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Setting: Snow is falling, Christmas tree is up, kids are asleep, all is quiet for once.
Music: Mark Knopfler - Piper Until the End

A: Cloudy, dark brown with a big creamy head.
S: Vanilla and Malt
T: Absolutely brilliant. 11.2% alcohol is hidden so well behind the creamy taste provide by smooth vanilla hints and lingering warmth.
M: Warmth, Taste buds relaxed and singing
O: Trying to be objective, but this beer, and the setting right now, is so perfect, I can't imagine a better taste.

Bought only a single bottle. Regretting that now.

12-15-2013 02:02:46 | More by BSK_ONE
BILF

Israel

4.94/5  rDev +9.5%

Opaque, flat black in colour with red to brown hues around the edges. A thin rocky white head diminished rapidly to nothing leaving behind little lacing.

An appetizing yet moderate aroma of dried dark fruits, toasted malts , earth, and sour dough masked all traces of hops aroma. Robust smell of booze and yeast.

Moderately sweet boozy start with distinct notes of tawny port, rum and raisin dark chocolate. Long, sweet alcohol fueled finish with a punch of malt sweetness that went up and out the nose.

Full bodied on the palate with soft non distracting carbonation (I drank this over five hours so it was flat towards the end) and a syupy texture that is a result of the alcoholic finish.

I found the carbonation level of this beer and the complex delivery of the alcohol taste to be the defining assets that sets it apart from other quads.

12-13-2013 15:09:35 | More by BILF
KingdomBobcat

Vermont

4.88/5  rDev +8.2%

Poured into a goblet style glass after my "La France Médiévale" final exam

A- dark brown with hardly any head and minimal lacing. Lots of floaties. Pretty disappointed with my pour on this as well.
S-Caramel, honey
T-Caramel, toffee, maybe some honey, but for 11% the booze is pretty bashful
M-Kinda watery and less bubbly than I anticipated
O-Pretty solid Belgian quadruple that I've been waiting to try for a while.

12-12-2013 20:09:23 | More by KingdomBobcat
Crafts_and_recreation

4.51/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

(I'd like to start off by mentioning that this is my first quad, and also judging by the muted aroma I'm not sure how long it sat on the shelf before coming home with me.)

A: pours a nutty brown color with a lot of sediment throughout (perhaps I should've left more in the bottle but I'm not complaining). Has just over 1 finger of dense beige head, which retains a nice medium lacing. As it effervesces with the sediment in the glass it reminds me of a freshly fermenting carboy.

S: I wish I were getting more out of this, but I tend to believe it isn't a big seller around here and may have lost something. I get notes of dark fruit, plum, grape, sweetness, alcohol, and malt character

T: wow, it starts off with a big malty backbone and follows through with quite sweet plum, raisin, and rich wine-like dark fruits, a hint of chocolate, slight bitterness and finishes with noticeable alcohol and warmth. Very sweet but not cloying.

M: smooth, full body, and dense richness, travels well across the palate and maintains the warmth of the 11% ABV. Has an almost spritey finish which lingers. Clean.

O: I am very pleased by this beer. It reminds me of drinking a fine, sweet red wine with all the appeal of a beer. It is a great winter drink as there is a noticeable (but very smooth) alcohol presence and it warms after each swallow a bit like brandy. This was recommended to me by the shop owner, and I am very glad to have tried it. I'm not yet familiar with quads, but look forward to trying more after this. I'd love to know what a fresher one is like, but would still suggest it gladly.

12-10-2013 00:40:53 | More by Crafts_and_recreation
Duane_Opfer

4.44/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

330 ml bottle poured into a stemmed goblet glass. Best before date of 1/30/18. Consumed on 11/30/13. Written from notes.

A - Poured brownish purple in color, like the color of prune juice. Single finger of off-white head which mostly fades. Leaves a ring of light foam on sides of glass and a thin foam which covers only part of the beer's surface. Leaves small bubbles on sides of glass when liquid recedes. Any lacing left on sides of glass slowly slides down glass and rejoins beer. Cloudy, looks like material is suspended in liquid, but can't feel that in texture. First pour yielded no sediment. Second pour yielded heavy sediment, purple flakes which mainly remained suspended in liquid and some brown sludge which matriculated to the bottom of the glass. I prefer no sediment, and usually downgrade appearance when this occurs, but had to give some points back on how good it looked on first pour. Had I known better, I could have avoided the majority of the sludge on the 2nd pour.

S - Peach, plum, raison, and pear. Slightly boozy, somewhat like a desert wine.

T - Raisin first and foremost, with some plum. Bitter raisin/prune finish. Dry, light bodied, with low sweetness. ABV not completely hidden, but flavor and mouthfeel deliver higher ABV rather well. Lasting bitterness on tongue.

M - Higher carbonation, but complements taste rather well. Carbonation lasting; does not quickly dissipate from beer. Very crisp.

O - 2nd quad tried and definitely worth a try. Look forward to exploring more of this style.

12-01-2013 15:36:53 | More by Duane_Opfer
bound4er

Wisconsin

4.08/5  rDev -9.5%

Best by date of 05062018

A. Dark brown to almost black appearance with a big, puffy light tan head of 2 fingers.

S. Funky belgian yeast - gives off a cheese / yogurt type aroma with some barnyard thrown in for good measure. Some fruitiness emerges as it warms. Very intriguing.

T. Funky flavors of yogurt, cheesy malt and some alcoholic warmth. Black cherry and a touch of bitterness on the finish. Like the nose - quite intriguing.

M. Silky and creamy with a smooth mouthfeel.

O. A nice follow up to Rochefort 8. I am not sure which I prefer - both are very good but if forced to choose I'd go with 8. This is a nice change of pace beer but not one that I need to have more than a few times per year.

11-28-2013 00:30:16 | More by bound4er
AmishLightning

4.9/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

From the bottle on 11/25/2013. I didn't let it age on my own, but I suspect it had been sitting on the self for some time due to the store not having a ton of craft beer patrons. I don't know if that is the wrong orright way to do it, but consider it what you will.

Appearance: Quite a bit more head formed than I expected. I poured it into a wine glass; I figured that wa the closest thing I had to the proper glassware. Initially there was a two fingered head with a fluffy foam topping. Once the head calmed down it left an intermittent lacing along the sides of the glass. Color was a very dark maroonsih-brown. Surprisingly dark for a quad is the reason for the lower score for appearance.

Smell: I have never smelled something like this in a beer before. The primary aroma was exactly like a dry red wine. I had to take a double smell to confiem the first. Yup, that smells almost exactly like wine. This made me doubt at first because I thought the taste would follow the smell. Also, there were notes of figs and brown sugar in the smell, hardly noticeable due to the wine scent.

Taste: There is a lot going on with this beer. Initial thoughts focus on the sweetness. What I notice most on the main taste is the belgium sugar candies / brown sugar that stand out. Also, the rich malty hug that embraces your palate is quite strong. Then the aftertaste hits and I am completely lost. So many flavors going on that I have to take sip after sip and wait to try and recognize what I am tasting. I noticed hints of grapes and figs, but I am sure those monks added a bunch of other ingrediants that I will probably never guess.

Mouthfeel: There was a warming alcohol feel at the finsih of each drink. However, it wasn't biting or bothersome in any way, and I didn't notiice it until I was really paying attention and got the brew to explore the back of my mouth. Medium caronation added what it needed. Pretty darn smooth as well. Felt pleasent and easy on the tongue.

Overall: Trappist beers are quite a road to explore. This is my first, and I plan to try them all. I was thoroughly impressed and couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the Trappist brews. I will definately suggest to my friends. A great beer for the craft brew geek, but maybe a bit much for someone not as involved in the lifestyle.
Cheers

11-27-2013 20:13:03 | More by AmishLightning
ElCommodoro

Pours a surprisingly DARK hazy brown. I mean DARK. I didn't know a quad could look like this. Smell is typical yeasty smell of Belgian beers with a maltier tone.
The TASTE was a punch in the face. I was not expecting this. It was a punch in the face of dark, rotting fruits. ALL of them! It was a punch in the face of yeast. It had a MUCH maltier backbone than I was expecting. This stuff is like Belgian beer extract. The only thing it WASN'T a punch in the face of, sadly, was alcohol. The bite is a lot less subdued than in most quads I've tried. Well hidden under layer upon layer of dark, fruity flavours and thick essence of malted barley. I like flavourful beers, but this is maybe too much for me. It's so sweet, and with such, a full body, and so much yeast. I mean, this is an interesting experience, but for the price tag, I definitely can't go back for this again. It may be considered an ancient standard of the style, but this is crazy with the flavours. Under some rotting apricot flavour, I just got a whiff of some coriander, cinnamon and maybe anise. To add to my overwhelming experience. I'm not sure what to do about this insane concoction. I know it's a classic, but it's so intense that it's hard to get through my 11 ounces, even. If you want something that took more ingredients in one bottle than American beers put in a keg, try this out. It will blow your mind.

What really put me over the edge, though, was too much of a brown sugar/molasses type flavour. I like sweet beers, but that brown sugary flavour is just cloying.

11-25-2013 07:34:11 | More by ElCommodoro
vinny21bal

3.11/5  rDev -31%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Good beer. Not really my style but understand why people enjoy it. I think the smell is nice with that Belgian barnyard. Again I think this is a beer that should be consumed after sitting on it a couple of years. It is a waste of a beer if you open it fresh. Almost like a wine it is to young and tight fresh. I would by this beer if it was a everyday beer you can get at the store but I do not see my self ever trying to find it.

11-17-2013 06:44:53 | More by vinny21bal
cjgiant

District of Columbia

4.3/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Again, more than enough reviews to get a feel for this beer, gonna review slightly differently:

Got the 6 and the 10 in my latest trip to Whole Foods, and tried both back-to-back, 6 first. Both are very smooth and drinkable. Both to me are malty in nature... there is just not much bitter hops pull in either. The 6 (Dubbel) has a little more bitterness, but that's to be expected as higher alcohol beers can tend towards more sweetness.

This beer pours dark amber-brown, and has more head than one might expect from a higher-octane offering. It also has a wine-raisin nose, pretty prevalent. As I take tastes, the nose stays prevalent, but the tongue get a bunch of fig versus the described nose. The alcohol is almost unnoticeable, as is any bitterness from the hops. The lingering taste remains sweet to me, I get toffee near the end at the back of the tongue.

I can see why this is rated so highly, very refined; counter that with not ranging the spectrum of tastes (pretty much stays on the sweeter side), but not lacking a certain complexity within the side of the spectrum it is on.

11-16-2013 02:29:41 | More by cjgiant
BlurryVisi0n

4.46/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Served in a tulip glass.

Appearance: Pours a beautiful hazy brown with ridiculous bubbles on the body with a slight off-white head rising thick at first (just a notch over a finger's length) settling with perfect even lacing.

Smell: Has a slight hit of fruit and wine, real easy on the nostrils but very addicting...one sniff isn't enough.

Taste: A complex fruit infusion with a mellow tone of yeast. Comes off just notch sweet, almost grape like with a touch of brown sugar. It still does have a sight bitterness to it but not heavy in hops but more like a grapefruit mixture to go with it, absolutely well done.

Mouth: Very sticky, medium carbonation but super full bodied and the way it should be. You put this glass down and all you can think is how delish this brew is.

Overall: As many times as I've seen this on the shelf, big regret not picking it up any sooner...it is almost the total package but honestly for the eight bucks or so the bottle goes for it is worth every f'n penny. Salud!

11-15-2013 08:21:49 | More by BlurryVisi0n
RonaldTheriot

Louisiana

4.95/5  rDev +9.8%

Rochefort Trappistes 10 has a thin-to-medium, soapy, cream-colored head, a caramel-brown, bubbly, opaque appearance, with lots of brown chunks suspended throughout, and thin lacing left behind. The aroma is rich: very sweet malt, figs, dates, candi sugar, grain husk, and brandy wine. Taste is of those elements, with an overriding fruitcake note and a significant alcohol backing. Bitterness is low but present. Mouthfeel is heavy, cloying, brandy-like, and highly prickly. Rochefort Trappistes 10 finishes sweet, dry, rich, and boozy. Overall, this is a wonderful, world-class beer!

RJT

11-14-2013 15:23:50 | More by RonaldTheriot
jlindros

4.49/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

Best before 2018/01/23

Pours a big fizzy bubbly 1+ finger head into my goblet, fades pretty quickly though, lots of big bubbles popping, very little lacing left, super dark cocoa brown color with very little light sneaking through the thin parts, and plenty of chunkies on the bottom.

Nose is much more complex than I expected (even though I've had this before but it's been a long time), a nice caramelized brown sugar like with some candi sugar, very soft malt complexity, a nice soft brown malt like with the sweet characters, little toffee and caramel, but a really nice soft aged old ale malt like character. Then dark fruits, light raisin and fig, and a bit of candied plums, and a little creaminess with that. The toffee increases a bit and gets a little almost buttery biscuit like, with a touch of alcohol and phenols, there's a nice toasty brown malt in there, with toasted caramelized candi sugar all around.

Taste starts a ton complex too, lots of great malts, sweet characters, fruits, etc, all combined very nicely. I'll start with the malts for lack of any specific place, dark brown malts, little bit of a toasty brown malt, and a really nice soft aged malt like an old ale, with a little creamy character as well, and into some buttery biscuit, that quickly turns into the sweet characters, lots of toffee, some nice sugars too with a caramelized candi sugar, a pretty big candi sugar kick without too syrupy or even sweet, and a little molasses. Then into booze, a decent booze warmth and tingle but not quite 11.3% feel, bringing a bit of phenols as well, I can feel the booze warming the throat mostly. Fruits as there too, a little candied plum again, mild raisin and fig again as well, typical dark fruits. All that nice complexity somehow blended very well to a nice soft creamy delicious beer. Finish brings more warming booze, little tingle and warming the throat, a little sticky sweetness but surprisingly not so syrupy or sweet, little dry even, more candied dark fruits, lots more candi sugar, toasted brown malts and creamy dark malts.

Mouth is med to fuller bod, some warming tingly booze, and lots of carbonation, a bit too much on the carbonation.

Overall great! Pretty much a staple for Belgian quad style beer, and at the top of the top of beers in the world altogether, especially ones that I can regularly get. Perhaps the only real flaw is the over carbonation, that's probably due to extra fermenting in the bottle which added a bit of booze and phenols, but softened the beer a lot, plus the yeast chunkies. All around and amazing beer with great characters and great blending of all characters, smooth, rich, delicious!

11-12-2013 02:35:46 | More by jlindros
EmpiricalBill

4.5/5  rDev -0.2%

Tasted blind versus a Westvleteren 12 by two people that had never tried either beer.

I'll start out by saying this is a very good Quad. Maybe it would have scored higher for us had we not had it versus the Westy 12. It just did not hold a candle to the Westy, unfortunately, though it's lower price and much better availability makes this a good choice.

The Rochefort 10 is a cloudy amber color. The smell is dominated by caramel and it has a caramel, sweet finish with a hint of banana. Maybe some aging would tone this one down and score it higher for me. Very good, but can't drink a lot of it, being this sweet. At 11.3% ABV, you'd expect it to be more boozy than it is. The alcohol is hidden well with only a slight warmth in your belly giving it away.

I will have to try this one again, after a year in my cellar.

11-10-2013 18:08:21 | More by EmpiricalBill
Ryan_Graham

Iowa

4.51/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Pours a dark brown with a nice head. It's sweet to the nose with hints of chocolate and cream. The taste is a bit boozy at first (which would be expected with such a high BAC). But wow. The aftertaste saves it. The boozy flavor doesn't last long before it gets replaced by a sweet creamy flavor that crawls up from the back of your throat. The flavor is full bodied and it's a realitively slow drinker. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm not sure that I'd give it a 100, but it's definitely a beer that any craft beer enthusiast should try in their lifetime. Good stuff.

11-08-2013 22:53:10 | More by Ryan_Graham
Furlinator

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours murky dark brown with 1½ inch of khaki head that fades to a ring on top before disappearing completely. Very faint lacing.

Smell is of fig and caramel up front with faint banana and burnt wood toward the finish.

Taste is dominated by dark fruit: Figs, plums and dates, followed by faint banana and a hint of molasses sweetness. ABV is completely undetectable.

Creamy yet, medium bodied with medium carbonation. Extremely easy to drink despite the 11.3% ABV.

This one certainly lives up to the hype. Beautiful appearance, inviting aroma, subtle yet, delicious flavors and silky smooth mouthfeel. Unfortunately, economics will prevent regular consumption on my part. Truly impressive and certainly a world class brew.

11-08-2013 02:28:58 | More by Furlinator