Beale St. Brown Ale - The Fat Cat Beer Company

The Fat Cat Beer Company

English Brown Ale |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: Erice78 on 06-26-2013

3.04/5  rDev n/a

Always like a good brown, this says it is brewed and cannd in MOnroe, Wisconsin, let's give it a whirl. Popping the top I get a waft of the classic brown ale maltiness, slightly metallic slightly toasted. Pours to a light root beer brown with a more off white than tan head that laces as it recedes. On the taste this brew has some butterscotch notes up front with some brown sugar following in the middle and finishes out sweet but not overly so. Not much bitterness, what there is is way in the background but takes the edge off the sweetness. Mouthfeel seems a little thin and there is not really any malty backbone amongst the sweetness. A good warm weather drinker but not really much for a brown ale. (712 characters)

3.14/5  rDev n/a

Pours a lighter brown with a nice creamy white head. Head has good retention and leaves some small sticky lacing. The aroma is more reminiscent of a lager than an ale, with some bread/biscuit notes. The taste is also somewhat lager-y, with an odd hops dankness. The body is good with just a little carbonation. Not a terrible-tasting beer but not a brown ale. (359 characters)

3.53/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a 12 oz. can. And yes, you are correct. I did obtain that can from the legendary woodychandler. Has a very dark brown color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is kind of bready, nutty. Taste is heavy on the bready malts, some nuttiness, a touch of sweetness as well. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is an enjoyable beer. (338 characters)

3.5/5  rDev n/a

My recent forays to NorVA and WASDC have enabled me to stop in at Total Wine & More stores in those areas, which is where this stray Fat Cat followed me home from. I told him that he may play his guitar and chase both kitties and mice, but the stogie has to stay outside.

From the CAN: “’Put On Your Blue Suede Shoes And Board A Plane’”; “We ain’t serious about a lotta things, but beer ain’t one of ‘em! ™”

This CAN of Cat was Phat on the Crack! The cool Cat was happy to see me and he leapt out of his CAN to lick my fingers. I grabbed him by the tail and turned him upside down for an inverted Glug. There was a magnificent pseudo-cascade which settled into two fingers of dense, light-tan head with good retention. Color was Brown to Dark Brown (SRM = > 22, < 27) with NE-quality clarity. Nose had a nutty sweetness. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium. The taste had notes of caramel, toffee, brown sugar, nuts, light chocolate, almost CANdy-like in its sweetness and yet, I was enjoying it. Sticky lacing began to line the glass. The finish was semi-sweet as an off-setting dryness began to set in on the swallow. In most instances, it would not have been my bag, but after wrestling with scrap metal earlier, this tasted really good. If sweet AmeriCAN Brown Ales are your thing, I would definitely recommend picking up some Fat Cats. (1,357 characters)

3.25/5  rDev n/a

Nice typical color for brown ale. Good tannish head and decent carbonation. Aroma of sweet malts. Taste was sugary malt sweetness, almost too much sweetness. Bitterness balanced ok and over an average brown ale. Cool can, cool label, cool sayings! (248 characters)

5/5  rDev n/a

I like this beer because it is tastes good and comes in a convenient 12 oz can. I like brown ales more than other flavors of beer so that explains my high rating. It's the only local brown ale I know of that comes in 12 oz cans. I like the guitar as part of the logo. Rock on! (276 characters)

3.74/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Serving 12 oz can from Tuckers Southside package Lakeland Fl

Appearance: Beautiful see through light brown with a nice creamy head

Smell: Nice fragrance coming from this one including hints of chocolate and toffee.

Taste: Not the best tasting brown ale I have ever had but will definitely be enjoying this beer again.

Mouthfeel: Kinda light for my preference but very drinkable.

Overall: I was pleased that I tried this beer an am looking forward to trying some of the other Fat Cat brews. (504 characters)

Beale St. Brown Ale from The Fat Cat Beer Company
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.